• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

My son and I are heading to California next week. He is looking forward to Disneyland and whale watching. I am looking forward to our visit to the Whaley House!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I checked out a few topics on this wonderful place, but looking for a bit of help here. I have a digital camera that I am talking with me. It also takes video, so I will be excited to see what I capture!

#2 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

I sincerely hope you enjoy your visit to Whaley House. I was one of the initial investigators in that site back in the 1960s. I worked with the original curator, an old family friend named June Reading who was a remarkable historian. I am sad to say that the site is not what it used to be. For various reasons, the site has been significantly altered. It is not clear to me that the quality of interpretation has improved, although that was the stated reason for making the changes. A medium friend of mine who has been in fairly constant communications with the Whaleys among others told me today that the place doesn't feel very friendly spiritually speaking. She related that she heard a woman crying there the other day and believes this may have been Mrs. Anna Whaley. I hope you experience some of the great phenomena we have recorded over the years and will be intrigued to read about your experiences when you return.
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Tell me where you are planning to stay and then I can help you with your visit! I live here near Hollywood. I have been to the Whaley and several other spots out and about here, plus my own area too!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

San Diego is a great place to visit. Whaley house is in old town. There is a gas light district nearby with lots of clubs,'

The Zoo is always worth a visit and Sea World is too. Coronado Bay is nearby and is just beautful bay/pennisula. The Coronado hotel is there and is a great old hotel to stroll through. It also has a ghost, but most encounters are at night, I think. It's worth the trip to see it just for the building though.

Up by LA, if you want a chance to see the Gray Whales and don't feel like taking a boat out, you can head up Hawthorne Blvd to the Palos Verdes Interpertive Center and get a glimpse of them from the PV pennisula.

Redondo Beach has a large pier with restrants, shops and other stuff. The Fun Factory is underneath one side and has lots of games.

Edited by Cryscat, 18 March 2009 - 08:55 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for all the info guys. I will be staying at the Ayres Hotel in Anaheim. I arrive on the 26th of March through the 30th. I will send you my cell number as well.

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Misson San Juan Capistrano and The Bowers Museum are all in out there.

Edited by Cryscat, 19 March 2009 - 10:45 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Just so you know.....its about a 2 and a half hour drive to San Diego from Anaheim. Traffic can really suck some times. Now if you leave real early in the am and head to San Diego, its worth it to spend the day roaming about, Old Town, thats where the Whaley House is and lots of shopping right there too!
I would love to meet up with you perhaps on the Queen Mary in Long Beach! Thats not far for me to run down to. I will give you my cell number too in a PM.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#8 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, spirits, angels, other-worldly entities. <br />Reading when I have the time, visits to the mountains or ocean. Historic places, cemeteries, archives, genealogy. <br />Ghost tours, hunts-though I have never been on one, communication, witches and spirit mediums.<br />Other interests: Incredible out-of-body experiences, visitations, various psychic phenomena. Waverly Manor in Louisville, KY.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

Sounds like that is a great trip...maybe you can tell us all about it crazyookie!

#9 crazyookie

crazyookie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

Sounds like that is a great trip...maybe you can tell us all about it crazyookie!

The Whaley House was incredible. It was absolutely gorgeous. The only room where I really "felt" anything was in the theater. That area had a strange feeling to it. I had taken a couple of pictures in there, and I did pick up a few orbs. Not sure if they are dust, but I did get some in that picture. There was a very strong heaviness to the room. The rest of the house was fine. The other weird thing that happened is when my son was taking pictures of the Whaley portrait, in two of the three pictures he snapped it said one or more people may have blinked. He took them all from the same angle, but only two said that. I thought that was interesting. I will post the pic with the orbs in spiritography section. We walked around old town San Diego. That was interesting. We also went whale watchin at Newport Beach. That was awesome! We saw three gray whales. We also did DisneyLand and California Adventure.

#10 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, spirits, angels, other-worldly entities. <br />Reading when I have the time, visits to the mountains or ocean. Historic places, cemeteries, archives, genealogy. <br />Ghost tours, hunts-though I have never been on one, communication, witches and spirit mediums.<br />Other interests: Incredible out-of-body experiences, visitations, various psychic phenomena. Waverly Manor in Louisville, KY.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:28 AM

So my aura is now extremely GREEN due to my envy. I am thrilled about all you got sandwiched in on the trip. Seems like a balance was struck. Cool about the pictures too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users