Cell Phone Towers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

Whirly Dude About 6 years ago 2 different companies but cell towers not 60 feet from my bedroom window. Bad news but I was told I am well under the direct flight of the signal. Of course they would say there will be no effect BUT we know they LIE. Good news is they are surrounded by huge old oaks and maples so I don't have look at them. Plus my husband put up such a fuss with the county about them reducing the value of the house he got them to reduce our property tax 12%.

Seriously I have heard the side effects were from maybe mild headache if you sensitive and I am extremely sensitive to cancer clusters. We are already in one of those. Testicular, I believe. I would like to hear any solid opinion or data about this in a physical, mental and supernatural, paranormal sense.

Thanks People

Sharon

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

Other than the annoyance of having a tower that close to your house I wouldn't worry about it. The level of EMF from the tower is not high since they operate at a very low power level. In fact most likely the field you encounter sitting in front of your computer set likely exceeds what the towers are putting out.

You don't say how much higher the top of the tower is than your house, but they are correct about the beam width. Cell towers use a phased array antenna; it puts out a signal which best can be refered to as a pancake pattern. it is actually stronger some distance away, unless the height of the tower is about the same as your house.

I actually got involved in tower siting at work, a similar situation, because a cell company wanted to put the antenna right on the side of one of our buildings. They did, and I took readings which confirmed the signal was substantially below any level which could cause a problem either to people or to the sensitive electronic equipment we have inside the building.

#3 WandaC

WandaC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

From the American Cancer Association

Cellular Phone Towers

Edited by WandaC, 25 March 2009 - 09:41 AM.

#4 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

That is intersting. I didn't read the entire article from the Cancer link, but was curious then, which towers do give off the high amounts of radiation? I have heard that some do. Interesting question...

#5 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

:weeee: Thanks for the information. Mostly my husband thinks they are extremely ugly dropped down among 200 year old maples and pines. I just last month got my first cell phone actually. I didn't even have an answering machine till last year either so the towers were just plain ugly.

I won't go crazy here but I got my cell phone because of my medical condition needs me to be able to stay in touch. I still have no idea why people need to be on a phone all the time anyway. I see people doing everything from shopping to jogging to even playing softball while on the phone. I do believe driving and texting is a really bad idea but people do it anyway and how do you run up a $700 phone bill in just one month? I like to communicate with people too but maybe a little more introspection would do us all some good. :blush:

#6 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

:ghost: Thanks for the information. Mostly my husband thinks they are extremely ugly dropped down among 200 year old maples and pines. I just last month got my first cell phone actually. I didn't even have an answering machine till last year either so the towers were just plain ugly.

I won't go crazy here but I got my cell phone because of my medical condition needs me to be able to stay in touch. I still have no idea why people need to be on a phone all the time anyway. I see people doing everything from shopping to jogging to even playing softball while on the phone. I do believe driving and texting is a really bad idea but people do it anyway and how do you run up a $700 phone bill in just one month? I like to communicate with people too but maybe a little more introspection would do us all some good. :ghost:

I agree with you.....I have a pretty substantial amount of minutes on my cell phone plan that I share with my husband, and I don't think we come even close to using half of them....even this month when my husband made several phone calls to friends and family after I came out of surgery earlier this month. I only have a cell phone because I work third shift, so I travel around by myself a lot at night, and I would hate to break down on my way to work in some of the neighborhoods I travel without a way to get help. You are not likely to find a working public phone much anymore.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

That is intersting. I didn't read the entire article from the Cancer link, but was curious then, which towers do give off the high amounts of radiation? I have heard that some do. Interesting question...

Probably the highest levels of EMF you encounter would come from commercial television stations. Some UHF stations radiate an ERP (effective radiated power) 1,000,000 watts. In fact one of the reasons for the switch to digital TV is it is more efficient. The previous analog stations went as high as 3.4 million watts. Digital reduces this need.

The strongest transmissions though are military radar installations. These can go several million watts, but only in brief pulses. Plus they are usually confined to areas where not many people are around, thus minimal exposure. Remember EM Fields diminish according to the inverse square law of physics. The farther away from the source you are the weaker the field becomes.

#8 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

Probably the highest levels of EMF you encounter would come from commercial television stations. Some UHF stations radiate an ERP (effective radiated power) 1,000,000 watts. In fact one of the reasons for the switch to digital TV is it is more efficient. The previous analog stations went as high as 3.4 million watts. Digital reduces this need.

The strongest transmissions though are military radar installations. These can go several million watts, but only in brief pulses. Plus they are usually confined to areas where not many people are around, thus minimal exposure. Remember EM Fields diminish according to the inverse square law of physics. The farther away from the source you are the weaker the field becomes.

Thanks! It is nice to have a wealth of knowledge to ask questions of! You rock! :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users