• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:26 AM

hmm.  no siblings here... although i know of a number of relatives on my mum and my dad's sides of the family that claim varying talents when it comes to sensitivity, sorcery, medicine and healing, psychic ability and esp, and ghost communication.  i guess i come from a long line of very paranormally active folks.  however, my husband was totally skipped...

although his grandmother believed that the spirits of her parents came with her from japan and lived with her in her house until she died... she believe that her dad, who had disowned her during WWII, harangued her occasionally and knocked things off when he was unhappy with the way she kept the family shrine.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#17 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:11 PM

Yes, my dad's sister is extremely sensitive, has visions, been visited before close relative's deaths, etc.  My dad I think was a sensitive but he drank so he couldn't feel anything.  My sister is a sensitive as well as one of my brothers.  I do indeed think it's inherited.  WHiskers, is there a significance of being the 7th born child?  I'm number 7.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#18 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 01:30 PM

Hawker,

The 7th son of the 7th son according to tradition/myth has pyschic abilities...not sure why though

I don't think I'm sensative per se but I get flashes sometimes, just this weekend at my part time sales job a lady came in and I knew that she was in there to buy a Christening gift for a child for the next day...her uncle had been in earlier for the same child but there was no resemblence between the two adults...don't know how I knew, but as soon as she walked into the store I knew what she was looking for.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 06:30 AM

Hi, Anthra...there are documented cases of residual images of someone still alive existing after the person has left, I thinkits a matter of strong emotion causing kind of an imprint, but its usually a more negative emotion: fear, grief, so I think that's entirely possible.

Hi, Owlie,  ;DWOW...it sounds like your family's blessed with esoteric gifts. If genetics play into Psi ability than skipped generations are also a possibility.

WOW...were her parents traditional Japanese? I'm not really familiar with Shintu, except in the broadest of terms, but I have heard of Spirits getting really vexxed if a shrine went disregarded. Though her Dad's spirit's vexation could be a continuation of something from life.

Hi, Masque, I don't know what to tell you, it sounds like you have flashes of Insight*think I remember you mentioning
knowing when a certain customer was on the phone before answering*Does that also work on the dead? Have you ever just known why a presence lingers?

Hiya, Hawky, Masque has it, I think its a Gypsy thing about 7 or the 7th child...I'm 5th of 5 and seem to be the only 1 that inherited Sensitivity
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 06:46 AM

yeah, whispers!  my hubby's grandma was traditional japanese and her parents sure enough were!

hiroko, my hubby's grandma, was disowned by her father during WWII for marrying an american military officer.  she spent the war hopping from house to house and mysteriously had three of her houses bombed -- she was not at home all three times.  now that is luck!

anyway, after she came to america in the 1950s, with my hubby's dad in tow, she set up a shrine in her home.  after her father's death (not sure when that was) she would complain that she heard her father complaining that the shrine was in america and that she ought to have known better than to move away from japan.  it was like she was continually tormented by a very unhappy dad.  

hiroko always said that it was his curse to live unhappily in the spirit world because he died still supporting the defeated japanese emperor.  

hiroko herself passed away in 1997 -- i claim that i was contacted by her in a dream several times between the time of her death and the day i met my husband - whom i met in 1998, almost a year after hiroko's passing!  now that was strange!

OG

#21 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 05 November 2003 - 09:31 AM

Does being sensitive mean that you see and feel things that others can not.  I also have dreams that come true and I can tell when things are going to happen.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#22 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 05 November 2003 - 11:23 AM

I have had many instances where I have told a realative to take it easy or to be very careful because I felt a sense of impending doom. My dad and brother were in a traffic accident at 12:30am one snowy night and at that same time I sat straight up and told my husband that someone in my family was hurt.
And there was when I told my husband's mom to take it easy and she died a couple days later. After that my husband told me to keep my feelings to myself because of my dire predictions. It had also happened to one of his freinds. He also died 2 days after my warning....
I suppose I am sensitive.
Dansgirl  ::)
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#23 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 12:59 PM

karensue, yes!  i believe that the type of sensitive that we're discussing here would mean someone who can feel / sense things that others cannot.  your dreams or predictions are a type of clarivoyance / esp... but certainly related.

dansgirl, you also appear to be clairivoyant and psychic as well.  this is a tough gift to live with, i'll agree... although i don't normally predict death, i can usually forecast social happenings and events in the lives of people...

...and i have an un-natural ability for fashion forecasting two years ahead of time.  perhaps i should be in marketing instead of painting!

OG

#24 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 05 November 2003 - 01:21 PM

I was actually scared to tell anyone even to take it easy for fear that they would end up dead, I didn't imagine that either of these people would die. They were both going through some hard times and weren't ill, that I could tell.
I was asked very sternly by my husband not to Ever tell him anything else after he went out drinking a couple times and I told him he'd be calling me because of trouble.
And it happened just like I had said.
Thanks for your reply back!
Dansgirl
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#25 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 03:58 PM

Hi, Dansgirl and welcome to GV ;D I agree with OG, it does seem to be clairvoyance, which really is kind of a mixed blessing sometimes, as you're seen as kind of a harbringer of disaster :(

Are they dreams? Waking visions? Both? Do you see only for others or do you see events in your own future?

Hiya, Owlie*LOL*Why is it that whenever you answer a q, there are a dozen more questions waiting to be asked, my friend :)

I don't doubt your mother in law's story about hearing her father grouse about her unfilial actions, but I wonder how much of that complaining was her own guilt projecting, kind of like 'Telltale Heart' especially since there was no way to reconcile with him, she continued to punish herself over the circumstances, ya know?

Hmmm...bombed as in a planted bomb or artillary/grenade do you mean? That is DANG lucky that the 3 attempts didn't kill them, if I may ask, what rank did her husband hold*wondering if it was just strategy to take out commanding officers or if it was personal*Also, was her father in any of the Government Ministries? Was it an attempt to expunge the family honor by killing them or-far less traditional-was it a warning? I totally disagree with her father's sentiment, the Emperor was the Emperor and as a
good subject, he followed the will of the Son of Heaven, because that's how he was raised. It raises kind of a neat question, though, can a spirit have a self-fulfilling prophesy? ;D

Hey, KarenSue ;) I think there are several definitions of Sensitive, I agree with OG that it seems to be clairvoyant, Luv

Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#26 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 04:09 PM

hee hee, sorry whispers... every post brings with it a flood of connections, mysteries, and memories... a consequence of my brain exploding just a bit at the seams!   ::)

i think that guilt had something to do with hiroko's ghostly grousing dad, although i really think that the guy hung around.  either that or she had another ghost in her house and mistook it for her dad...

OG

#27 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 04:09 PM

Whispers,

Yeah I knew when the notary was calling, we just always joked about how we could hear his accent on the other line before we picked up....I've had a couple dreams that come true but other than that not much....geesh I wish I knew why people stuck around after death there would be a couple of men floating around that would get a good talking to,,,my friend's brother is still being seen as is my one step-grandfather
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#28 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 05:54 PM

I just get a wierd feeling about the person,and/or what's going on with the situation, and just get this like sick feeling in my stomach and then tell the person how I feel.
I know that I very rarely have a dream about something that is going to happen. I wanted to have a dream about my husband since he died, and didn't until the anniversary of his death 4 years later and I actually felt him (his arms around me and heard him say that he still loved me), Which I was wondering if he was ok. I do not have anything about my future, unless it is a sick feeling or bad one about driving in which case I stay home!
I know that I have angels around me and they comfort me alot.
Thanks for the welcome,
Gets lonely here in Indy
Dansgirl

#29 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 06 November 2003 - 04:22 AM

I never knew that.  I have dreams that have come true completely just as they were in my dream.  There was that girl at Thayer that I saw and continue to sense every time that I go near there.  I don't like it at all.  It is scary.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#30 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:21 AM

Hi, Masque*You know, I've never asked you this, my friend, 'cause I always assumed you were*but can you see presences in an investigation? Sensitive type gifts tend to run in groups and I'm really kind of jealous of you guys with active Clairvoyant talents...I have Insights-flashes of the present and very recent past*LOL*as an acquaintance of mine once put it...a cosmic sence of putting 1+1 together.

Hey, Owlie ;DI was kind of proud of the Telltale Heart reference*snickers: my name is Whispers and I am a closet Goth*but thank you. I was thinking though, Spirits, we believe. can read thoughts and there are instances when a face on an orb is something from our own past but others in the same room or sees the same pic, may see something from their past as well*LOL*Gestaldt Theory and the Paranormal, so I think you may be onto something 8)

Hi, Dansgirl(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))OMGS...I'm sorry, DG :'( The encounter is beautiful and something to cherish always and it is thought that a spirit who has crossed over can cross back to offer support or be with someone they love
if only for a time

Hi, KarenSue Hmmm...you dream about Elizabeth? Dream contact
isn't unheard of, but its comparatively rare if its not a localized haunt*no, Silly, not Union* :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users