• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:21 AM

the dream thing is unsettling - even when you predict something that isn't a big deal.  for years i was known to predict entire evenings out with my friends -- right down to the conversations we'd have.  these were from dreams... however, with certain people i always have a feeling that i know when they'll call or when they'll be sending me mail. otherwise, i only have a psi / psychic window on the general outcome of people's lives, or their emotional lives.  this is probably why i'm so heavily into tarot... it's a perfect medium for expression of my sensitivity.  

the only major event that i ever predicted - that came true - was when my friend and co-worker suzanne told me she was pregnant, i told her that she would have a little girl and would have no problems with her pregnancy.  suzanne had lost one baby and had serious problems during her second pregnancy with her son mike... so she was very nervous.  sure enough, she sailed through to term and delivered a whoppingly large baby girl with nothing more than usual morning sickness.  but that was a rare call!

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#32 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 05:09 PM

Whispers,

Never been on an investigation and I've never seen a spirit manifast visually...saw it open four doors but that's another story.  I hate the feeling I get at my grandmother's (mother of the sensitive aunt) and my cousin's always say its the haunted house when talking so everyone knows which grandma is being referred to.  I also don't like my friend's mom's house, there's something there, I haven't seen it and as far as I know only my friend's step-father has and he's not talking about it.  Heck in the haunted house I used to live in it took my ex to bring up the possibility of it being haunted I forget the guy on the other side of the duplex couldn't walk.

Most of the things I pick up on is either in dreams that come true and/or shared and occasionaly things like at work.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#33 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:51 AM

NO Elizabeth has never come to me in a dream.  I have had dreams that have come true just as I have dreamt them.  I also know when bad things are going to happen.  I just wish that I could stop them.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#34 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:07 PM

Hi, Masque, I know we've kind of tossed this idea around, but has your Aunt considered what she's going to do about that? I mean I really feel bad about your cousin...it is NOT okay for him to be living in fear of going to bed or being in the house he lives in*LOL*Ladies and Gentlemen, Whispers has left the Pulpit ::)

Hi, KS...I can see how you'd feel that way, but on the bright side, if its something life-threatening, you can at least warn someone "Hey, don't go out tonight!"
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#35 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:57 PM

I haven't talked to my aunt in awhile and the only times I've talked to my step-mom either the kids or my dad was around, and we don't talk ghost around either of them.  But on the whole their house does feel a lot safer than our grandmother's and he's ok there...just odd.  
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#36 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:35 PM

I try to look at it that way.  People close to me thinks that I am nuts because I sense when bad things are going to happen but I have yet to hit the lottery!!
Peace, love and happiness always!

#37 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 07 November 2003 - 06:54 PM

HI Everyone,
I had a dream about my husband on the week of the 4th anniversary of his death. He had his arms around me and I could actually feel his arms around me cause I reached up and could feel the hair on his arms, then he told me I Love You, and I woke up. I had been waiting for him to contact me but nothing for 4 yrs. now I feel him all the time.
He knew he was going to die because we had an argment the day before, he had wanted to go to his moms in Ohio, and he said if I didn't go he'd go alone anyways, He took his suit along (which he never wore) and the next morning our dog found him on the floor. I am so glad that I was not alone in Indiana when he died, he knew his parent's would be there for me and they still are..
Thanks for the input..
Dansgirl
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#38 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 08:07 PM

I would like to know if being a sensitive you would be able to see the death of a loved one two or three weeks before it acually happens my brother has been able to see these things since he was 18 and on Wednesday Nov.5th there was a murder at a tire store in the town that I live in. I had a dream or whatever Wednesday morning about the same time this occurred. I felt the sharp pain in mychest and I also heard the Hasmat team saying that they would not be able to clean up all the blood and that they would have to throw away the chairs in the waiting area of the tire store. I had no idea that this shooting had taken place until wednesday night when I listened to the news.
I felt so bad that I could not done anything to prevent this.I did not even know any of the people that were involved. Can anybody explain this to me.
                                         Thanks for reading this, Trudy

#39 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:25 AM

Hi, Masque, no I can certainly understand why you wouldn't talk ghost in front of your kids. I don't know why...maybe I was thinking of someone else, but I thought your cousin was having really bad feelings about someone being in the room with him or am I just mixing up the houses*I plead sleep deprivation based insanity ;)

Hi, Dansgirl...this is going to sound strange, even morbid, so in advance, I apologize, no disrespect is intended to you
or your late husband :( There was something you mentioned about him taking the suit he never wore that really made me think, did he mention having a dream or premonition about his dying?

It is a beautiful encounter. As they say 'as in life, so in death' so I'm not surprised that he's letting you know he's still there and expressing his love :)

Hi, KarenSue*LOL*Not to sound like an episode of Charmed, my friend, but UH-UH...Personal Gain! It may work if you were starving/homeless and had no income*tuition, books and the eventuality of student loans, I'm pretty sure don't qualify*

You know, I was talking with my 15 year old neice last weekend who told me she has a lot of school related premonitions, pop quizes and the like, but they don't come to pass if she tells someone...I'm not sure if she can finesse her way into a cosmic loophole, by just telling a friend, "Be sure to study this and this tonight" without mentioning prems.

[move]Welcome to GV, Trudey_Causey ;D[/move]

There are A LOT of definitions for Sensitive, most of the time as far as ghosthunting goes, it refers to someone who can see or hear an unmanifested presence and even then, the ability is as unique as the individual. In this case, though
its premonitions :(

Hmmm...to see the death of another in advance is not a common thing, a close friend of mine can see death if its imminent in someone's face or a pic. Abraham Lincoln dreamed of his own death the night before. WOW! Was it at the same time the shooting occurred, before or shortly after??? Since he was 18...if I can ask, did he have any kind of close brush with death at that time?

Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#40 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:35 AM

Hello,
The question about my husband knowing if he was going to die Yes I believe he knew and had been telling me that it was just going to be me and our poodle, I just kinda just said no we are going to grow old together (he was only 37),
The last month of his life he had a dream that we were fling in the clouds and he told me that he kept losing my hand, and before he woke up he could not find me...and was upset about it and I told him that we will always be together and someday I will join him in Heaven.  Anyway the last month he followed me everywhere, he had epilepsy and would stop breathing sometimes scared the heck out of me. He was my virtual shadow those last few days even followed me to the bathroom, I got angry and slammed the door in his face and now I am so sorry I didn't listen to him. The one night I slept instead of watching him all night for seizures he dies. I have felt so responsible but I have figured out that we have an assigned amount of time and no matter where we are at the time we will die if it is up. lol...
Thanks,
Dansgirl
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#41 Acacia

Acacia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:12 PM

Hi all!
I just "arrived" here to the forum, but I plan on moving in, lol, so I voted "yes" :)

My abilities have "been around" as long as I can remember.  They are rather strong now, and I've had to learn how to "tone them down" (I picture one of those light-dimming switches in my head...silly visual, but it works, lol) or I end up bombarded with spirits wanting to chat/help/etc.  I think the stronger your abilities the more you shine like a beacon to them, making them go to you for their needs.  Spirits are just people to me (just lacking bodies).  They have moods/emotions, needs, and some have serious need for counseling  (which I tend to end up doing...this, I've found, usually allows the "bad" spirits to move on...).  It's weird, I know..but if you think about it - imagine spending decades or centuries completely alone, though surrounded by people.  The people that surround you just ignore your presence.  It must be lonely.  And that much lonliness is bound to cause some strong emotional stress, which can lead to serious personality problems, like lashing out at those that are "causing" you to feel lonley.

I also have a newfound ability (developed about a year and a half ago), and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with it or can do it - I can look at pictures of investigations, battle sites, homes, whatever, and "see" any spirits at that location.  I think it might be related to remote viewing/astral projection, but I don't "leave" my body in any way.  I can look at the picture with no detail from the sender/giver and tell them accurate information (9 times out of 10...I'm still figuring it out, lol) on the spirits there, which matches up with their psychic/sensitive's information (sometimes it gives more detail).  I've recently been working with a gentleman in Shropshire, England who had a fascination with the castle ruins of Hopton castle.  I gave him a reading (I won't get into it here as what I saw was very vivid and rather gruesome) and he did some major research in his local library and found out that I was 100% accurate on my reading (yay...sorry, I was proud of it, lol).

Anyway, I've babbled enough ;)  I'm a writer, if you can't tell, lol.  So, does anyone know what this newfound ability is called or anywhere that I might be able to find out more info on it?  I'd appreciate any help!  It would be nice to at least have a name to put on the ability, lol.  Right now I just call it "remote investigation" :(

Many Blessings,
Acacia
www.angelfire.com/rpg2/lanaiwww.bumpinthenight.org

#42 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 03:46 AM

Whispers,

You're right, my cousin does hear voices calling his name in the the house he lives in...however, his/our grandmother's house has a far more frightening feel...my step mom and our aunt have all seen/felt/heard things and though are uncle will never admit anything being odd he used to sleep with a pistol under his pillow when he still lived at home.  I feel find in my aunt's house even though my middle cousin doesn't.  I hope whatever is going on has calmed down some now since it's dark almost the whole time he's home since we changed the clocks.

#43 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:03 AM

Welcome Acacia!

I look forward to reading more of your posts. ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#44 Acacia

Acacia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 06:00 AM

Thanks flyingorb ;)  I look forward to posting more :)

Many Blessings,
Acacia
www.angelfire.com/rpg2/lanaiwww.bumpinthenight.org

#45 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:23 PM

Hi, Dansgirl, I admire your philosophical view of death, but, with all due respect, I'm gonna growl at you some. Hun,I work with people who have seizure disorders and 1 of them's a 911 call because he won't come out of a seizure without medical attention,this is the exception rather than the rule,when I do overnight's they're usually my priority as far as bed checks to make sure they're actually breathing
so please don't blame yourself, Hun...not even jokingly :)

The dream he had is intriguing...how long before he passed and was it recurring or did it just kind of stick in his mind.

HEY! Nuh-UH! I think he understood/understands, Dansgirl ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users