69 replies to this topic

#46 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:22 PM

Hi, Masque,
At that age-12, I think you said-non-familiar voices calling my name would certainly creep me out*LOL*it only kinda/sorta unnerved me in Mn when spirits were calling me by name
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#47 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:28 PM

Whispers,

Try 8 or 9...he's just a little older than my daughter...my aunt and I were in a pregnancy contest for awhile  :;)
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#48 dansgirl

dansgirl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Photography, poodle breeding, camping, traveling, enjoying the world God created.

Posted 10 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

Hi,
The dream that had he had it over and over again, I think that he was fully aware that he was going to die. It was symbolic because we had very little time left, so many signs and I refused to believe. I have gotten over blaming myself for his death, and I am getting better. I hope that someday we will be together again. ;)
I know now that he will always be with me, I just miss the physical person. He was a really great man. The only one that ever truly Loved me for me!!!
Thanks for being here this board has helped me alot...
Dansgirl ;D
Every new day is a gift from God,enjoy each and everyday, as though it is your last. Take time to stop and smell the roses along the way! Have a Great Day...."When Someone you love becomes a memorythe memory becomes a treasure"Unknown

#49 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:22 PM

I voted maybe, I have seen mists, and have heard  whispering and felt cold and warm spots.  

#50 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 07:07 AM

Hi, Masque, DANGIT! Does he have an older sister about that age? LOL*Yes, I know I'm grabbing at straws

Hi, Brandon, you know, while I have experienced warm spots on investigations, I'm clueless as to how they're created :-/

Hi, Dansgirl ;) He loved you very deeply as you loved him, so I think you'll be reunited with him. Hun...we're very glad you joined us ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#51 a10182

a10182

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 08:49 AM

i think that i maybe am..

#52 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 02:42 PM

Whispers,

The oldest boy is 10 or 11, then him, then my daughter at 8, his sister is 7 and my son is 6
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#53 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 11 November 2003 - 03:14 PM

I have had very vivid dreams where relatives that have passed on have come to me to tell me things.  I have felt my mothers presence and smelled her perfume and have had several out of body experiences.  I've heard my name called on a number of occasions.  One time it woke my up out of a sound sleep and I kept saying "what...what".  My poor husband thought I had flipped! ;)

#54 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:25 AM

You mean being sensitive is hearing voices too?  I thought that I was just over doing it and going nuts when I have heard the voices.  Its just my name being called.  I have actually gone into other rooms thinking that it was someone calling me.  At times it is really annoying.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#55 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 06:31 AM

I have never heard voices,  Gah!!  There is so much I am missing out on!

;)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#56 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:03 AM

The closest I get to hearing is either in sleep*dream contact*but those are familial spirits and its normally like a knocking before a significant dream, if its an especially strong emotion or, ironically, in a non-hunt atmosphere, where camera and recorder are safely at home, but I can see them if they're within roughly 50 yards, though that seems to be subject to whatever conditions they're subject to.  :-[ There have been a few times where they've had to touch my arm to get my attention

#57 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 07:33 AM

my sensitivity comes in a multitude of flavors!  depends largely on the spirit, the circumstances under which contact occurs, and what the spirit wants / needs.

i have experienced a voice contact three or four times - all but one were during a dream  / meditative state and one was during waking hours and it scared the beejeezus out of me.

most of the time i get the usual cold / warm spot sensations, feeling like someone is in the room with me or standing close to me... movement out of the corner of my eye, a sensation of being watched.

however, the strongest of sensations i get is internal and emotional - almost like i can close my eyes and see what the spirit is trying to convey to me.  i have the best luck finding out what spirits have for a purpose or the nature of their lives.

OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#58 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:35 PM

Whispers, I had a dream about a friend and I called that friend and told them that something bad was going to happen.  They didn't listen to me and I haven't heard from them in a few days.   Is there a way to stop this?
Peace, love and happiness always!

#59 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:54 PM

Hi, KarenSue, I'd call their cell/housephone first,talk to your boy's parents or significant other.

Next step, what did you dream exactly and did you just generalize it as something bad going to happen to him? I'm sorry to say that most people when confronted with such things or suggestions/news tend to be very contradictary-as kind of a poor 'xample, KS, if I were to tell you 'Don't think about oranges' what's the first thing you think of?

Hun, I'm gonna defer that question to our own OG since prescient dreams are more her area of knowledge

#60 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:40 AM

aw, shucks whispers... i'm going to die of humbleness here!

karensue - if you're having predictive dreams about people you know, there are a couple of different things to think about.

if the dreams are about friends or family, and it is appropriate to tell the subject of your dream about the details of it, then it is certainly alright to tell them.  HOWEVER, i find that it usually works out a little better if you start out saying something like "you know,  i had a really strange dream about you the other night -"

KS, you may already do this, but it kind of helps them pull themselves into it.  it's never a good tactic to drop a bomb on someone and blurt out "hey!  i had a dream you're going to DIE!" or "you're going to get hurt really badly in a car accident so you have to stay home and wash your hair!"  people, even believers, tend to regard the "warning" communication less seriously.

it's also important to remember that dreams can also be purely psychological, even for those of us whose psi / psychic / esp / remote viewing link sometimes happens during dream time.

i've had many dreams about my grandfather's death... he's still alive, but i have found that my dreams about him don't even foretell harm being done to him.  he's died about ten different ways.  while those dreams are emotionally disturbing and they haunt me the day after i have them, they are basically the voice of my subconcious telling me all about how i really love my grandfather and i don't want him to die any time soon.  it's also me accepting death as an ending to a phase in my life - something that i hope won't come soon, but will happen eventually.

similarly, i've had all kinds of dreams about my friends.  some of those dreams *could* have been predictors of calamity, but weren't.  

i'm not discounting your ability, but as a sensitive and also someone with a helping hand to give to a needy one, it is important to use the tool of self-examination and skepticism before pouncing on portends of doom.

more often than not, my predictive dreams that came true down to what was said have always been part of a fantastic and surreal dream that was exciting, but not even memorable or believable... so i often don't think to voice details about them until after it's already happened.  this doesn't help my credibility, but it does cement my theory that doom dreams don't always spell out a fortune, and surreal dreams aren't always fluff.

i digress!

in either case, KS, you should break the news to your friends and family casually - even if it seems unappropriate.  people are naturally curious creatures and will WANT to know the advice if you make it seem like something interesting that they might want to know about.

fate is changeable, but it is up to the individual to ultimately decide the change of course.  i'm afraid that in the realm of a true prediction, it's possible for your subject to change their situation with or without your warning - and perhaps without your knowledge.  

it's often the case that we are witness to things that we cannot change - both in life and in the paranormal realm.  the things that we cannot change are often important lessons for us to take to heart - or else the information would not have been given.

good luck and blessings -
OG
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users