Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

my daughter sees "monsters" I need advice!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sydney'smommy

sydney'smommy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Hi, I 'm new here. So I'm not really quite sure how this works. All I know is that I need some real advice. My daughter Syd is 4 I have known there was something special about her since she was born, but the last 2 years have been something I never could have expected. I can't even begin to list all of happinings. There is no doubt in my mind that she sees ghosts. What concerns me is that she is genuinly terrified. When she was 2 she didn't understand that I couldn't see them. I think this started a bad attitude within her. She just seemed angry all of the sudden and then happy again. I later came to find out that she she was seeing "monsters". Now she identifies them by color, good and bad. We moved 6 months ago, and she loves our new house. She said it was because there were no monsters here. 2 weeks ago this strange attitude started again. Then a few days later she tells me that there has been a black monster at the foot of her bed with pointy teeth. She has also started talking about a boy that comes to play with her. I just don't know how to help her through this, if it is going to be as bad as when she was 2. Just terrifyed, mostly at night. I can't sense this presence, I could feel the others that were around before. The only thing I found that helped was to go in her room and scream "she's only 2! Leave her alone!" It always worked for awhile.
I should probably also say that when this all began I went to a pschic to ask her what to do. She confirmed that Syd was also a psychic medium and very sensitive to the animal world? She stated that this would never go away for her. The woman has since passed and I need more help. I do tell her that she has "special eyes" and that Daddy and I will always believe her. Still she seems reluctint to tell us what she sees or hears (only when it's bad).
I hope I haven't rambled on to much, and that I have given you a sense of what is going on. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am afraid I also need to get the experiences off my chest. As there isn't a whole lot of people I can talk to about this. Thanks for listening.

#2 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

I'm around fourteen, I've always been sensitive too both the spiritual and animal world(does she befriend animals easily? Dogs, cats, rabbits, anything?) . I was similar when I was her age. But, Not all 'monsters' or bad-looking entities are really bad. (No one try to change my point of opinion here. This comes from a few experiences of both I and other people.)
(Unless this goes against your belief) I would suggest going to a local witchcraft or spirituality store and ask for a necklace or rock that drives away negative energy.
Normally, people who give off a pecular energy will tend to 'attract' different ghosts and entities. Just simply try to be careful, and if you do have a certain belief, try to get that to aid you.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#3 sydney'smommy

sydney'smommy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

I'm around fourteen, I've always been sensitive too both the spiritual and animal world(does she befriend animals easily? Dogs, cats, rabbits, anything?) . I was similar when I was her age. But, Not all 'monsters' or bad-looking entities are really bad. (No one try to change my point of opinion here. This comes from a few experiences of both I and other people.)
(Unless this goes against your belief) I would suggest going to a local witchcraft or spirituality store and ask for a necklace or rock that drives away negative energy.
Normally, people who give off a pecular energy will tend to 'attract' different ghosts and entities. Just simply try to be careful, and if you do have a certain belief, try to get that to aid you.

Thankyou very much. I will try the necklace! She does befriend animals very easily. I swear her best friend is her cat. If the spirit looks bad, is there a way for her to tell if it is really good? and do you have any idea which aura colors mean what? She usually associates the spirit with a color. Thanks

#4 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hi, I 'm new here. So I'm not really quite sure how this works. All I know is that I need some real advice. My daughter Syd is 4 I have known there was something special about her since she was born, but the last 2 years have been something I never could have expected. I can't even begin to list all of happinings. There is no doubt in my mind that she sees ghosts. What concerns me is that she is genuinly terrified. When she was 2 she didn't understand that I couldn't see them. I think this started a bad attitude within her. She just seemed angry all of the sudden and then happy again. I later came to find out that she she was seeing "monsters". Now she identifies them by color, good and bad. We moved 6 months ago, and she loves our new house. She said it was because there were no monsters here. 2 weeks ago this strange attitude started again. Then a few days later she tells me that there has been a black monster at the foot of her bed with pointy teeth. She has also started talking about a boy that comes to play with her. I just don't know how to help her through this, if it is going to be as bad as when she was 2. Just terrifyed, mostly at night. I can't sense this presence, I could feel the others that were around before. The only thing I found that helped was to go in her room and scream "she's only 2! Leave her alone!" It always worked for awhile.
I should probably also say that when this all began I went to a pschic to ask her what to do. She confirmed that Syd was also a psychic medium and very sensitive to the animal world? She stated that this would never go away for her. The woman has since passed and I need more help. I do tell her that she has "special eyes" and that Daddy and I will always believe her. Still she seems reluctint to tell us what she sees or hears (only when it's bad).
I hope I haven't rambled on to much, and that I have given you a sense of what is going on. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am afraid I also need to get the experiences off my chest. As there isn't a whole lot of people I can talk to about this. Thanks for listening.

Hi and welcome to GV..This seems to be a rather common question on here, regarding toddlers seeing spirits. Its fine IF she is not afraid, but considering she calls them "monsters" than I understand your concerns. Every child should feel safe in their own home and bed, and if they arent, then Mom has to intervene. Many times I've heard that spirits tell the child not to tell anyone, which puts the child in a very miserable position, and induces fear. YOU are the homeowner and her Mommy so yes, telling them to leave her alone and mean it, might get rid of them, but thats not to say they wont come back. If your little one is a gifted medium, thats great, but she is too young to figure these things out. I would say to first, be very supportive, believe anything she tells you, and keep a journal of her sightings, as that can be used down the line. I dont know what religion you are but maybe having your new home blessed by a priest or clergy of your choice, might help the spirits move on. Also burnings sage and cleansing every room is helpful and even try Virgin Olive Oil around the doorways and in your little ones room and threshold. Lasty regular or sea salt sprinkled around her door way and bed, might keep them at bay as well. Try to keep her calm, maybe have her draw some pics of "them" will help you figure out what she is seeing. But I would go with a blessing as well..Good luck and keep us posted..CE

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

~I saw your post and couldn't help but to read it....my daughters name is Sydney too and still to this day will not go upstairs in our home by herself. She'll be 7 in July. In the Spiritography section here at GV, you'll find a pic I posted of a time when just for the heck of it, I asked her to draw me what she sees upstairs. She did and although she held the drawing upside down, I took a picture of it with my digital. Right behind her, you can see exactly what she was drawing for me. Creepy, I know. But although she's still scared to go upstairs by herself, she's come to realize (and after years of pursuading her) that our home loves her very much and would never let anything hurt her.
In the begining when we first bought our home (built in 1880) around 3 years ago, I thought she was just doing the normal child-like fears of a new home. I'd fill a waterbottle up, but food coloring in it & call it "special water that kills monsters". I'd spray it under her bed, the in bathroom upstairs, anywhere she pointed. Then things started happening to myself & my husband, so I began to take all types of pics. I always thought our spirit was that of a little girl, but Sydney (sissy) sais it's a little boy. Either way, as long as your daughter knows that you support her and that you're there for her, she'll feel most comfortable about talking to you about any of the things she experiences.
There are so many folks here that will be willing & able to help you with great advice. My only advice is to be there for your daughter.....which you clearly already are. You're definately not alone and welcome to Ghost Village. It's been a pleasure to meet you and yes, please keep us posted.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 sydney'smommy

sydney'smommy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

~I saw your post and couldn't help but to read it....my daughters name is Sydney too and still to this day will not go upstairs in our home by herself. She'll be 7 in July. In the Spiritography section here at GV, you'll find a pic I posted of a time when just for the heck of it, I asked her to draw me what she sees upstairs. She did and although she held the drawing upside down, I took a picture of it with my digital. Right behind her, you can see exactly what she was drawing for me. Creepy, I know. But although she's still scared to go upstairs by herself, she's come to realize (and after years of pursuading her) that our home loves her very much and would never let anything hurt her.
In the begining when we first bought our home (built in 1880) around 3 years ago, I thought she was just doing the normal child-like fears of a new home. I'd fill a waterbottle up, but food coloring in it & call it "special water that kills monsters". I'd spray it under her bed, the in bathroom upstairs, anywhere she pointed. Then things started happening to myself & my husband, so I began to take all types of pics. I always thought our spirit was that of a little girl, but Sydney (sissy) sais it's a little boy. Either way, as long as your daughter knows that you support her and that you're there for her, she'll feel most comfortable about talking to you about any of the things she experiences.
There are so many folks here that will be willing & able to help you with great advice. My only advice is to be there for your daughter.....which you clearly already are. You're definately not alone and welcome to Ghost Village. It's been a pleasure to meet you and yes, please keep us posted.

I will have to say that your story has some funny similarities to mine. My name is laura ann. We also call Sydney sissy. And she was also born in July. Thanks you so much for your advice. I will try all of your suggestions. We started keeping a journal after I realized how extensive the issue was. Thanks for your kinds words.

#7 sydney'smommy

sydney'smommy

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hi and welcome to GV..This seems to be a rather common question on here, regarding toddlers seeing spirits. Its fine IF she is not afraid, but considering she calls them "monsters" than I understand your concerns. Every child should feel safe in their own home and bed, and if they arent, then Mom has to intervene. Many times I've heard that spirits tell the child not to tell anyone, which puts the child in a very miserable position, and induces fear. YOU are the homeowner and her Mommy so yes, telling them to leave her alone and mean it, might get rid of them, but thats not to say they wont come back. If your little one is a gifted medium, thats great, but she is too young to figure these things out. I would say to first, be very supportive, believe anything she tells you, and keep a journal of her sightings, as that can be used down the line. I dont know what religion you are but maybe having your new home blessed by a priest or clergy of your choice, might help the spirits move on. Also burnings sage and cleansing every room is helpful and even try Virgin Olive Oil around the doorways and in your little ones room and threshold. Lasty regular or sea salt sprinkled around her door way and bed, might keep them at bay as well. Try to keep her calm, maybe have her draw some pics of "them" will help you figure out what she is seeing. But I would go with a blessing as well..Good luck and keep us posted..CE

Thanks for your advice. It really hadn't occured to me that they might be telling her not to say anything. I had her draw some pictures over 6 months ago and it frightened me how scarry it looked. Actually what I think frightened me the most was that is was a person, black, big head, and red eyes. She called it a ghost but it looked like a person. Thanks again for your advice.

#8 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Hi Sydney's Mommy,

Welcome! You've come to the right place. I have a child, well now 22, who has always been sensitive to spirits and they scared the living daylights out of her for years. It runs in our family, so luckily for her, she had lots of support. We always encouraged her to talk about what she saw and heard and shared our experiences with her as well.

I don't know if you've heard about Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow Children, but this is the name given to children born in the last 30 years in droves who are here to help bring the world into a new density, specifically the 5th in and around 2012. There are several books written on the subject, of which we have read many. Sadly most of these children are diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, Bi-Polar, Depression, Learning Disabilities and drugged. Of course some do have these problems, but not all. A good book to start with is called
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Indigo Children, by Wendy Chapman and Carolyn Flynn. It's in the style of all the other "Idiot's Guides" books and makes it very easy to understand these children. There is also lots of information on Rainbow Children, Crystal Children and the coming of 5th Density. I hope this doesn't sound too way out there, but I found these books very helpful.

Most of all let Sydney know that she has the power to tell them to go away and leave her alone! Even at 4, she is powerful and should know that. Keep on supporting her and research as much as you can about these kids.................they're amazing and will enhance your life with their abilities. Also, don't let her ever be pigeon-holed by her teachers when she is more creative than others and thinks outside of the box! Cherish her, as I'm sure you do!

Best of luck to you and your family and we're glad you are here.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#9 atrent

atrent

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:ghost's

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

hello Laurie Ann
i was wondering were i might find that picture i would be intrested to see that picture! thank you.

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

~Hi Atrent. The photo is in the Spiritography section here in Ghost Village. It's been a year or so...maybe longer since I've put the pic up. But I can try to look it up for you in a day or so (have to go to Indy tomorrow). I think you'll find it interesting.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#11 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

http://www.ghostvill...y...t=0&start=0

...I believe this is the way to post my previous post about the pic.

#12 atrent

atrent

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:ghost's

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

thank you that picture is definitley interesting!

#13 DiemeBlack

DiemeBlack

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

ok
well
ima wright a little bit
just please read it all

long ago, when we were still cavemen or call it watever you want, we hunted in packs, and when we are alone, we get creeped out, adrenaline rises, heart pounds more, im pretty sure you know this already
hold you daughters hand, and ask her to talk with these monsters
and keep holding btw
i duno wat your thinking, but if you think monsters are stupid, or like animals living on instinct, i cant disprove it
but in my personal experience and encounters, even the silliest ones talk and bargain
you just needa talk to them and see what they want, if theyre there to scare her then time for you to think and get them gone
but they might just wana play ;)

#14 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

Be very careful of spirits just wanting to play!! I don't want to scare you but, my sons are Indigo Children as well. My boy Chris had a little boy he called "Jeffery" who always wanted to play with him. I didn't mind at all until one night Jeffery asked Chris to go back to the pond behind our house to play. My son came to me and asked to go because Jeffery said that this way they could be together forever!!! Needless to say, I was scared to the point of tears. I immediately cleansed the whole house and property tho try to get rid of these spirits. I'm not sure if Jeffery was a good spirit or a bad one but, I couldn't take any chances with my son's life. Again, this is not meant to scare you, just to inform you, as a friend, of my experiences. Please be careful.
Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

#15 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:42 AM

Be careful please, not sure if Sdney's new friend is just looking for a quick snack-taking on a frightening form to create fear/energy or if he or she actually sees himself like that

AWiccan store or spiritual shop's a good idea or some sort of religious icon in the room, in many cases a spirit doesn't cross because of fear (Judgement) so a reminder of the Source may give her new friend pause
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users