Are medium's liar's

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:17 PM

I think honestly that what people most need to do is have faith that their loved ones are at rest. Depending upon which religion one follows, one should go with that. For example, if the deceased led a good life, then know he/she is in heaven with his/her God or Higher Power. If you believe otherwise then you may choose to think that person is in a bad place. But that is not for the family of the deceased to worry about. We all live a life with free will, God gave us that. So where ever the deceased is, it was his/her choice based on how he lived life. I prefer to believe in heaven, hence my loved ones are in a good place.

In the end it is all about where you put your faith. Some choose to believe in mediums and psychics and others choose otherwise.

Hippityhoohaa, why did you even come here is your mind is made up? I wouldn't go to a site that disagrees with my belief system, so why come here only to disagree and chastise the members here? As you can see, Plindbo and I obviously have different belief systems, but are open to debate and quite cordial I might add. I wish you had introduced yourself to GV in a nicer way. Or maybe you will enjoy the skeptics board better.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#17 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

MyWeeBro,

Your post prompted me to register on these forums, and make this post http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=27085

Anyone here who even so much as suggests that you can talk to your brother is either a charlatan, deeply deluded, or suffers from a mental illness. I can't begin to explain how many so called "mediums" I've come across that fail to prove anything when met with any form of rational enquiry. The "mediums" that charge you money are the ones that are charlatans, that make a living doing this sort of nonsense, and they know it. The so called mediums who do it free, the "genuine" ones, are clearly disillusioned with reality.

I also had a little chuckle about people downplaying the scientific method of enquiry. I'm not even going to enter into a debate like that, it's like trying to tell a chicken why it's not human and not even worth my time. To prove to you that no medium will be able to talk with your brother (there is indeed no way to talk to him, I am sorry to say) I have setup a challenge within my post here http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=27085.

I strongly suggest you follow it and see for yourself what a fake all this is. I'd just hate to see you not establish closure and end up being confused like so many people I have seen due to the havoc that these scammers wreak.

And for those of you who haven't got a critical mind, stop playing upon the vulnerable with your garbage.

~Ya know, I'm probably going to get into trouble for this, but your "comment" here is an insult to those who have become my friends and just because you thrash around your opinion like it's gold is well.......garbage. That's fine & dandy if you don't believe in Mediums, but there are those that do. You have an issue with Mediums, keep it to yourself or actually if you feel the need to discuss your beliefs then find a more polite way of expressing them. Don't come on here expressing your opinion when actually you come off more like a loud-mouth jerk. Everyone has opinions and even the "jerkiest" of them have found a polite way of expressing them. So you can take this as face value....do with it what you will as I don't care. But to come on here & offend those that I call my friends, I won't have it.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#18 hippityhoohaa

hippityhoohaa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:12 AM

There's no room for pleasantries, debate, or niceties when it comes to charlatanism. Just like I don't give any respect to a criminal, I don't give any respect to a charlatan. My attack here has only been on people claiming psychic or mediumship abillities. I would never conform to giving "respect" to such people, no matter where I am, no matter how new I am to a certain community.

Edited by hippityhoohaa, 05 April 2009 - 01:16 AM.

#19 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:33 AM

I would personally suggest, hippityhoohaa, that you take a bit of time to review the Ghostvillage Member Guidelines, which are applied to all members across the board here.

If you have a difficult time in locating these very important guidelines, you can just click here

You might not want to be respectful of anyone who is a charlatan in your book (which, frankly, appears to be anyone who does not share your point of view), but showing respect to other members here at Ghostvillage while engaging in a debate or discussion with them is Guideline #5.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#20 hippityhoohaa

hippityhoohaa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:39 AM

Thank you for your insightful recommendation Vampchick, however I will act as I please. If that contravenes a policy then so be it. I do not see where I've made any attacks on any individual, anywhere. I made one post requesting psychics and mediums to step forward in response to a post I read about someone asking if a medium could commune with his brother.

I've had a little read through this forum and see that this seems like a very nice, friendly, well established community. My scatching attacks have been, and will continue to be, directed at none other than those psychics and mediums to which I refer.

#21 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

That was not a recommendation. That was not a suggestion. No one is above the Ghostvillage guidelines for any reason.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Thank you for your insightful recommendation Vampchick, however I will act as I please. If that contravenes a policy then so be it. I do not see where I've made any attacks on any individual, anywhere. I made one post requesting psychics and mediums to step forward in response to a post I read about someone asking if a medium could commune with his brother.

I've had a little read through this forum and see that this seems like a very nice, friendly, well established community. My scatching attacks have been, and will continue to be, directed at none other than those psychics and mediums to which I refer.

Why are you getting so personal here? VampChick2K1 is a GhostVillage Moderator and her post just points to the guidelines of Ghostvillage.com. If you want to act "as you please" you may have to start your own website, lay down your own rules and do as you please. But if anyone has to be an active and regular participating member here in GhostVillage, they will have to abide by the guidelines set in this site. Consider this as a warning and any further disrespectful comments would invite action from our side.

Thank You

MoonChild

Edited by MoonChild, 05 April 2009 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image

#23 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

MyWeeBro,

Your post prompted me to register on these forums, and make this post http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=27085

Anyone here who even so much as suggests that you can talk to your brother is either a charlatan, deeply deluded, or suffers from a mental illness. I can't begin to explain how many so called "mediums" I've come across that fail to prove anything when met with any form of rational enquiry. The "mediums" that charge you money are the ones that are charlatans, that make a living doing this sort of nonsense, and they know it. The so called mediums who do it free, the "genuine" ones, are clearly disillusioned with reality.

I also had a little chuckle about people downplaying the scientific method of enquiry. I'm not even going to enter into a debate like that, it's like trying to tell a chicken why it's not human and not even worth my time. To prove to you that no medium will be able to talk with your brother (there is indeed no way to talk to him, I am sorry to say) I have setup a challenge within my post here http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=27085.

I strongly suggest you follow it and see for yourself what a fake all this is. I'd just hate to see you not establish closure and end up being confused like so many people I have seen due to the havoc that these scammers wreak.

And for those of you who haven't got a critical mind, stop playing upon the vulnerable with your garbage.

~Ya know, I'm probably going to get into trouble for this, but your "comment" here is an insult to those who have become my friends and just because you thrash around your opinion like it's gold is well.......garbage. That's fine & dandy if you don't believe in Mediums, but there are those that do. You have an issue with Mediums, keep it to yourself or actually if you feel the need to discuss your beliefs then find a more polite way of expressing them. Don't come on here expressing your opinion when actually you come off more like a loud-mouth jerk. Everyone has opinions and even the "jerkiest" of them have found a polite way of expressing them. So you can take this as face value....do with it what you will as I don't care. But to come on here & offend those that I call my friends, I won't have it.

Hey Laurie Ann, I try to stay out of things like this, but I have to agree with you. It is an insult to me as well, to the people here that have become my friends. Some may not believe in these types of abilities, but there are a lot here who do, and I am one of them. My friends have shown me their abilities time and time again. I don't think the true psychics and mediums should have to defend themselves and be degraded for something special that was given to them. Like I stated above, I don't like to get in the middle of something like this, but I also take this as offending my friends here. Sorry, just had to say something.

#24 dennisoc

dennisoc

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

I don't get this "rule" that if someone "charges for their work then they are frauds".

"If they are trying to help someone then they won't charge"...where does that come from?

Mid-wife, teacher, doctor, hospice, nurses aid, priest, mortician, grave digger, medium. They go to work. They get paid. They go home.

nice
Wage Peaceden

#25 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

Hey, if somebody wants to give their hard earned money to get somebody's feelings or opinions, so be it.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#26 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

Sorry to hear about your brother. For the mediums that I have encountered they have told me things without me speaking to them about what I wanted to know. Most real mediums will not charge you for their services because they are there to help and carry out a purpose. If someone wants money from you and they are claiming to be a medium or something to that nature, then they are most likely a crock. Also listen to their words and voice, they say alot about them. Hope that helps ya out a little.

I agree with you too. I know some of them and they usually are incorrect. They feed off of your questions. Many are out for the $. Do some research on these people before you sit down to listen to them. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#27 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................That was a harsh post against mediums and the like.

However, I have had good experiences and bad experiences with mediums. It's a matter of belief and personal opinion just like many many subjects here. To be make a long story short, I don't believe the poster was speaking about anyone in particular. I have friends here too and even if this person were talking about someone in particular, these friends are big girls and boys and can take care of themselves.

If you are not a firm believer in mediums and know this for yourself to be true, wouldn't be you offended if someone insisted you were wrong? It goes both ways.

I certainly don't want to step on any toes and am not taking sides but it is after all, a debate. Skeptics are a challenge and are thought provoking. This poster thinks that mediums are charletans. Ok well that's their opinion. It's not my opinion but I'm not offended.

Simman thinks that if a medium wants to be paid that they are a crock. Wouldn't that offend someone? I don't see the rules quoted to Simman. (sorry Simman....just making a point)

#28 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

~Wouldn't a Medium charging for their services (the legit ones) be doing the same as a Doctor charging for their services? Just throwing this out there because to me, the two go hand-in-hand. There are Doctors out there that charge for their services and their practice is absolutely disgusting and off the charts. But there are also Doctors out there that have donated their services for those in desperate need. Just a thought.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#29 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:40 PM

Yes good point Laurie Ann. I agree. I went to one medium who cost a fortune and gave me the lousiest information and talked about herself halfway through the session. She then tried to keep the change as if it were a tip. The next one I went to was referred by a friend whom I trust and had a good experience. This one was phenominal. I said nothing. Her spirit guide gave her much information and she was so on target as I just sat there. It wasn't just one instance she was on target for, it was many important situations she spoke about she could never have known and she was very specific. She charged me and I was happy to pay her. It was an hour of her time and a service to me, a stranger.

#30 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:50 PM

With this economy? Heck yeah I'd be asking for $$$
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users