• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Lysithia

Lysithia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:38 AM

One point I would like to bring up is... if a medium charges for their services, it's not suggesting they are liars.

My neighbour is a renowned medium. I paid her to do a reading for me (same fee she charges everyone) and was stunned with her accuracy. She knew the name of my spirit guide, my brothers, my classmate from high school who had passed away (and she had a somewhat unusual name).

This woman charges her clients because she is a single mother, and has chosen to make a career out of her abilities so that she could be at home for her children.

You could twist that story around a little and say...

My neighbour is able to speak 3 languages fluently. French, German, and Italian. Because she is a single mother, she decided to charge her clients for tutoring services. Her students come over to her house for an hour and she helps them learn a new language. She is able to be a stay at home mom for her children.

My question is, why is money a question to someone's legitimacy? If a linguist charges their clients for their services to teach them a new language, does that mean they're only teaching you pig-latin?

Above stated, there is one service she won't charge people for, and that is to locate a long lost relative. A missing child or other family member, those services are free.

#32 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Well said Lysithia!! I completely agree.

#33 blueturtle

blueturtle

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

One point I would like to bring up is... if a medium charges for their services, it's not suggesting they are liars.

My neighbour is a renowned medium. I paid her to do a reading for me (same fee she charges everyone) and was stunned with her accuracy. She knew the name of my spirit guide, my brothers, my classmate from high school who had passed away (and she had a somewhat unusual name).

This woman charges her clients because she is a single mother, and has chosen to make a career out of her abilities so that she could be at home for her children.

You could twist that story around a little and say...

My neighbour is able to speak 3 languages fluently. French, German, and Italian. Because she is a single mother, she decided to charge her clients for tutoring services. Her students come over to her house for an hour and she helps them learn a new language. She is able to be a stay at home mom for her children.

My question is, why is money a question to someone's legitimacy? If a linguist charges their clients for their services to teach them a new language, does that mean they're only teaching you pig-latin?

Above stated, there is one service she won't charge people for, and that is to locate a long lost relative. A missing child or other family member, those services are free.

I agree with you there is nothing wrong with charging for services like this, too bad so many who cant do it have made such a big deal out of it, to make the public think its a crime to charge for what I would concider a luxurary anyway, they dont mind paying their hairdresser to get foil highlights!

#34 ginalisa036

ginalisa036

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

I was a skeptic until about 2 years ago. My brother passed away in 2003 from a doctor's error. In 2007, I decided to go to a psychic to see if I could get in contact with him. Well, let me you I was amazed.

The only information I gave to the psychic was my first name. She then said, your brother Bill is here and he has a message for you. She said that he said he was ok and he was with my grandparents and my aunt. She also knew the name of his dog, and some other things she could not have known. There is alot more that happened, but it is way too much to type.

The session I had with her lasted about 45 minutes or so, and I felt so comforted after it. She also taped the session on a cassette tape and gave it to me.

All in all, I just wanted wanted to say I used to be a skeptic, but not anymore.

#35 blueturtle

blueturtle

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Awesome!

#36 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

Are mediums liars? Are their customers easy "marks" and willing to part with their money to strangers who claim they have "speciial gifts" in contacting "the other side". I can't say if they are liars, frauds, you bet!! A "board" is just as reliable, which it isn't, and can be just as accurate, which it can't be. I appreciate the neeed to find out about family and may go to any ends to get answers to you questions. I wish you luck in getting your questions answered.

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users