The effectivness of religions in cleansing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Good question, I have actually thought this myself. In fact, my daughter and I joke that a Christian cleansing would make us meaner ghosts just for spite. lol

But, I've talked with my brother who is Christian and we have decided that cleansings all serve the same purpose. It doesn't matter the religion. When he cleansed his home he did so with crosses and the Lord's Prayer. When I do so it is with crystals and smudge sticks. Both of us are left with a house that has no more negativity and feels "refreshed."

Also, his prayer and my spells all get the same end result as well. He prays for a job to come his way, I do a spell with a green candle for a job to come my way. End result: a job.

I don't think that the spirit realm recognizes the differences...all they know is that a cleansing was done, and its not like they have a conscious choice to say "hey, that was a Christian cleansing...okay folks, I'm gone." Whether I sweep with a plain broom or get the Swiffer Sweeper I still got my floor cleaned.

I think in cleansing it matters what the household residents or the person performing it believe.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#17 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering your opinions on just how effective religion is when used in light of the paranormal. For instance;

Using christian prayers, sacraments, and blessings when riddind a home of a non-christian entity. Perhaps this entity lived previously as a Buddhist. How do you think the christian approach would work or not work in this situation?

I have my own theories and beliefs on this matter but to eliminate debate, lets keep this strictly for sharing our opinions and growth.

I am a Voodoo priest and our belief system works with great faith; Voodoo is a life affirming practice that encourages its participants to better understand the natural processes of life and their own spiritual natures. So you can see why believeing is very important so much so we practic our rituals out in the open so our followers "see our Power" and how strong we are as far as majic goes.
but its main purpose remains as always to heal.

Papa

#18 Lord Storm

Lord Storm

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

In my experience Religion is a tool to focus self. Weak belief equals weak self. I don't follow a religion but more my instincts. I know there is a God out there (in fact God is in everything including us IMHO).

I have noticed that praying seems to aggravate bad spirits but rarely chases them away, unless the prayers are said by someone who has real ability and belief their prayers will work. As I don't have a God that I pray to I just make the bad spirits leave using direct spiritual force.

I am not a big fan of sacrifice....there is more than enough power/energy around us. Why kill something? if you cook it and eat it later then that's fine :) I am not big into displays of power, you either can or you can not.

We all have our ways and we tend to stick to those that we believe to work.

#19 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering your opinions on just how effective religion is when used in light of the paranormal. For instance;

Using christian prayers, sacraments, and blessings when riddind a home of a non-christian entity. Perhaps this entity lived previously as a Buddhist. How do you think the christian approach would work or not work in this situation?

I have my own theories and beliefs on this matter but to eliminate debate, lets keep this strictly for sharing our opinions and growth.

I believe that every religion has their own way of prevention. For PI teams, I believe they never truly know what they are walking into, at any given time. I always used the prayer of St. Michael, he keeps us safe from evil. As far as having a spirit move on, just talk to them, tell them its okay to go with her or his loved ones. That procedure doesnt always need religion unless you all pray in your own way, for that spirit to move on..JMO

#20 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

We don't even have a shred of proof to suggest that hauntings are the result of the spirits or whatever could be left over when a person dies. I find it almost comical that anyone believes that we have any power at all over any style of haunting, and moreover in a capacity when they can tell somebody they can eliminate it from their home. Just my opinion...
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

We don't even have a shred of proof to suggest that hauntings are the result of the spirits or whatever could be left over when a person dies. I find it almost comical that anyone believes that we have any power at all over any style of haunting, and moreover in a capacity when they can tell somebody they can eliminate it from their home. Just my opinion...

Dave, you are so right and I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. But......

But...... that is one side of the story. The "intention" works. This is the same case with eliminating hauntings too. The power of the mind and the intentional visualization do help to clear up. If the energy in the haunted place is more powerful than the intentional visualization of the person, then it doesn't work. To gain that clear visualization, the religious symbols do help. It is all about channeling the Universal Energy,
Posted Image

#22 Lord Storm

Lord Storm

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

OMPR Dave I must disagree. We all have more power over our destiny and our environment than we give ourselves credit for. I have experienced a few hauntings and I have removed a few...... That does indicate some sort of control. Ok, your natural argument of course is that I am delusional. Then it just breaks down to belief or disbelief. You are after all entitled to your own opinion, as you can't look me in the eye and see if I am telling the truth....

#23 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

OMPR Dave I must disagree. We all have more power over our destiny and our environment than we give ourselves credit for. I have experienced a few hauntings and I have removed a few...... That does indicate some sort of control. Ok, your natural argument of course is that I am delusional. Then it just breaks down to belief or disbelief. You are after all entitled to your own opinion, as you can't look me in the eye and see if I am telling the truth....

I dont think you are delusional.. :Spaz:

#24 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

LS you are correct, I feel you are telling the truth and I know for a fact power over spirits is possiable, I have a lifetime of doing this, it works around you also because of your strong psychic abilities. you are very blessed.

Papa

#25 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

LordStorm may I ask are you a demonologist? you are gifted very strong.

Papa

Edited by papa midnight, 30 April 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#26 Deth Angel

Deth Angel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

I stay away from this topic because it been a ideological sore spot for me .

tom

#27 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

I stay away from this topic because it been a ideological sore spot for me .

tom

Tom, that is the very reason you should be here.

Papa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users