Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MarcieLou

MarcieLou

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I'm an avid reader and writer, and I enjoy photography a lot too. I'm also into the occult, specifically reading tarot cards. I've had a couple incidents involving spirits, so I'm excited to learn as much as I can.

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

Hey everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this, but I really need your help if it's possible. My friend found this a while ago, it's a pendant or amulet and it's made of solid iron. It's definitely old (although he put it on a new chain) but neither of us know what it is or means. Would anyone have a clue, or be able to point me in the right direction? It's really important we figure out what this means...
Thanks so much!

Marcie

ps. I couldn't figure out how to add it (it's not on the internet), so I've made it my profile display pic for the next little bit.

Edited by MarcieLou, 02 April 2009 - 10:52 PM.

Peace and love. ^_^ <3 -Marcie

#2 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

Looks like this, to me. Others here (Moonchild?) might know more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nataraja
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#3 Alan B

Alan B

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hey everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this, but I really need your help if it's possible. My friend found this a while ago, it's a pendant or amulet and it's made of solid iron. It's definitely old (although he put it on a new chain) but neither of us know what it is or means. Would anyone have a clue, or be able to point me in the right direction? It's really important we figure out what this means...
Thanks so much!

Marcie

ps. I couldn't figure out how to add it (it's not on the internet), so I've made it my profile display pic for the next little bit.

Maybe a Celtic symbol? Horoscope figure...looks neat whatever it is.

#4 Alan B

Alan B

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:24 AM

Celtic symbol, charm? Maybe horoscope figure of some kind. Looks neat, whatever it is.

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Yosei, it is not Nataraja but looks similar. Maybe there are co-related ideas in various cultures.
Posted Image

#6 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I cannot see it.If it looks like the dancing Shiva,it can be a number
of other hindu or tibetan deities. It depends upon the number of arms,what they are holding,wether or not they are atop a lotus,what they might be adorned with .A few variables are indicators.
Off the top of my head,some of Kalis representations,a few of Taras manefestations, and Kurukulla look like this too,and there are more,but I would have
to see it .

If you can show it to me, I might be able to narrow it down for you.

Miss
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#7 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Ahh,I found it.Sorry, I confused it with your icon.
That's not hindu or tibetan at all.
It almost looks like an ancient pagan divinity kind of thing.The cross like shape is kind of a give
away that's its not eastern in origin,and the figure is almost Pan like.But its definately not judeo christian either
I am no expert in this area,but think Templars,celtic,european ....more that direction is my guess.

Miss

Edited by mooboo, 05 April 2009 - 09:05 PM.

Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#8 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

Looks like a representation of Lugus, the Celtic version of Hermes or Mercury. Usually the Greek and Roman versions have a winged hat and sandles. The figure doesn't look to have any headgear.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#9 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:12 PM

Looks like a representation of Lugus, the Celtic version of Hermes or Mercury. Usually the Greek and Roman versions have a winged hat and sandles. The figure doesn't look to have any headgear.

I think you are right vindalf. I have only ever see the 3 faces depiction myself.

Miss

#10 MarcieLou

MarcieLou

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:I'm an avid reader and writer, and I enjoy photography a lot too. I'm also into the occult, specifically reading tarot cards. I've had a couple incidents involving spirits, so I'm excited to learn as much as I can.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

But are you sure though? Because I've been trying to narrow this down for... well, a long time.

(And thanks so much everyone for all the help! ^_^ I really appreciate this)

#11 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

Not sure of my own name sometimes. Am reasonably sure the influence is Celtic. It does resemble several figures of the Celtic god Lugus that I've seen. It could be just a dancer. Would help with a better pic. My old eyes are not what they used to be.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#12 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:07 AM

Looks like a celtic charm for happiness.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#13 MarcieLou

MarcieLou

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

I have a much bigger picture on my email account, but I'm not sure how to post it in here... if you want I could give you my email or something... unless someone knows how to post the picture in this forum...

And thanks so much everyone. This is something that's really important to me, and it's crucial that I find out what this is...

^_^

#14 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Here you go!

Question Since Ghost Village doesn't host images, how can I share photos, EVPs, or video captures off my computer?

Answer We have a thread that explains how to use the current recommended file host. The boards dealing specifically with Spiritography, EVPs, and Spirit Videos have their own FAQs. Spooky also started another thread about the dangers of direct linking to other hosts. Use which ever host you like, just always read their ToS (Terms of Service) and Privacy Policies.

"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#15 MarcieLou

MarcieLou

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

Hey, so I tried to add the pic to this note, but the website is under construction, the one that lets you download it to this letter. So if you want I can email it to people... this is super important to me. Please respond as fast as you can...
Thanks guys! ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users