cemetery hunts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amateurgh

amateurgh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:30 PM

I am a newbie to ghost hunting. I would like to investigate cemeteries as these are quite accesible. Do most of you obtain permission prior to doing investigations? Or do you just go ahead and do a hunt? TIA!

#2 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Welcome to Ghostvillage.

Cemeteries are quite popular for investigations, as there are many people who believe that they contain a lot of activity. You should always contact the groundskeeper or caretaker of the cemetery, and discuss what exactly you have in mind. First of all, this will allow you to know whether they support this type of activity or not. Secondly, the keeper will be able to provide you with the best dates to perform your investigation, so that if you are planning on doing it in the daytime, you won't disturb any funeral processions that are happening, and if you are planning on doing it at night, they may be able to meet you there and grant you access. Most of the cemeteries around where I live close at a specific time in the evening. If you enter them after hours without permission, you are trespassing, and may be charged accordingly. Also, by contacting the appropriate personnel, they can tell you of any areas that you should avoid in the dark, due to dangers that you may not see.

It is always good practice to contact somebody and let them know what your intentions are. This will build a good rapport between you and them, and will keep you from being blamed if there is damage done around the time you are there, without seeking permission.

Ghostvillage does not condone trespassing at all, and we highly recommend that you always seek permission. Let's face it, you wouldn't want somebody traipsing around your yard in the middle of the night without asking you.
Posted Image

#3 blackdog

blackdog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

I agree with the above poster on getting permission. I also think it is very important to be respectful when investigating graveyards. I normally do not investigate graveyards unless its part of an investigation requested by our clients, but when I have I always do so with the utmost respect. Also, please use a prayer of protection (according to your faith) in case there are negative spirits lingering in the graveyard.

Just my 2 cents.

#4 Richard J Claunch

Richard J Claunch

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

It is real basic... if there is a fence to keep you out after closing do not go in... no fence enjoy the evening but act the same as if you where visiting a friends home. The spirits are watching you...

Cheers :wow:

#5 Nightmare Before Victor

Nightmare Before Victor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ALL THAT IS STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hi. well if you want to start ghost hunting I would suggest to start with local haunted places/homes (with permission of course. Ghost (intelligent) tend linger and feed off where there is a lot of people...people=emotions. Don't get me wrong even a good spirit can do this but wont necessarily harm you...anyways :hug:, make sure you have all your equipment (extra batteries) and have someone with you at all if not most of the time (you never know when something might happen)...there I go again lol good luck!

#6 Dr.Evil'sBrotherBob

Dr.Evil'sBrotherBob

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

Sorry. But I think hunting for ghosts in cemeteries is just poor taste. A cemetery is the final resting place for people. JUst my 2 cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users