Voodoo ...Santeria

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Let's not get into attacks and let's keep it friendly, mature and above board.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#17 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:10 PM

I have always found some religions looking down on this sort of thing ,hypocritical.
And no offense to anyone,as I was raised catholic,but what do they think the body and blood of Christ is supposed
to represent.

Exactly my point, I actually had a talk with someone last day (after seeing your post) and he drew my attention to the co-relation of almost all religions on sacrifice.

Burning of incense,the use of holy waters and oils,offerings of food,sacrificial blood.

The Pope needs to get over it already.It all comes from ancient pre Christ practices.
i actually think Christ was just an enlightened man,and they took what he said and did,and bastardized
it all to their own ends.But Christ had the right idea.

There are actually more christians in the world than buddhists,which i found shocking.
But lets not forget how we beat the tar out of anyone who wouldnt convert,and oh yeah,murdered
10000s of them.

Yo ! our god is cool and benevolent and stuff.Your gods are filthy !
Love only our god....,or ...die ?

i do believe good christian acts exist,and people of good faith do the right things for the right
reasons,but just look at how its used politically.Its a joke.

uh huh
Dont get me started.

You knwo I want to say this to you MooBoo, I did not post this thread for you convience of bashing any religion or disrespecting a christian about Jesus, I am a voodoo priest and I am hoping to show we are not about worshiping evil or that much differant than other religions, one thing I do not want is such disrespect of anyone or their religion, no matter your belief, Papa Midnight will not tolerate disrespect, I want all to be welcome here in this little thread, its hard enough to explain to others how's and why's of sacrafice without you getting disrespectful, it does not help me when you put out such negitive emotions and such rhetoric as "get over it christians" very inconciderate and rude!

My appologies to all who viewed that, though I did not say it, look over ignorance at its finest, Papa will pray over your profile for you to have more understanding and less anger. Moo Boo

Papa

You doth protest way too much,and you won't goad me into a flame war.

I was raised catholic,and the religion in its pure form ,is the right
Idea,but the religion in its bastardized form ,is a joke,which is what it is ,for the most part,in todays
World.
As I said ,souls of pure heart use religion, the right way,no matter which one it is.

NO RELIGION,is better than another,or more correct than another.
But does the Vatican state this ?
Ummmm,no they don't.

That's why the catholic church hides the FACT of exorcism so diligently ,and looks down on religions like voodoo
and santeria,calling them barbaric.
Or didn't you notice this.
How many American Indians do you know that were SLAUGHTERED ,for not converting to voodoo ?

And the voodoo priests I know,which number quite a lot ,know this.
Voodooists are very religious catholics for the most part

But hey,I am ignorant,so what could I possibly know about it.
*shrugs*
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#18 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I think that everyone was misunderstanding the point of the thread. Maybe questions were raised that made others get defensive. Please let's all just not be too sensitive and ask in a more respectful manner. I don't think that truly anyone would really try to hurt another member's feelings. It is good to listen to ideas that are different than what we're used to. It doesn't mean that we are forced into using them or accepting them. Let's just be curious or skip the thread.

#19 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

I think that everyone was misunderstanding the point of the thread. Maybe questions were raised that made others get defensive. Please let's all just not be too sensitive and ask in a more respectful manner. I don't think that truly anyone would really try to hurt another member's feelings. It is good to listen to ideas that are different than what we're used to. It doesn't mean that we are forced into using them or accepting them. Let's just be curious or skip the thread.

Yes I agree I only want peace love and learning and no negitivity here, its hard enough in this big world to not hate someone for being differant. I know this feeling well.
Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Papa

#20 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

You doth protest way too much,and you won't goad me into a flame war.

I was raised catholic,and the religion in its pure form ,is the right
Idea,but the religion in its bastardized form ,is a joke,which is what it is ,for the most part,in todays
World.
As I said ,souls of pure heart use religion, the right way,no matter which one it is.

NO RELIGION,is better than another,or more correct than another.
But does the Vatican state this ?
Ummmm,no they don't.

That's why the catholic church hides the FACT of exorcism so diligently ,and looks down on religions like voodoo
and santeria,calling them barbaric.
Or didn't you notice this.
How many American Indians do you know that were SLAUGHTERED ,for not converting to voodoo ?

And the voodoo priests I know,which number quite a lot ,know this.
Voodooists are very religious catholics for the most part

But hey,I am ignorant,so what could I possibly know about it.
*shrugs*

Most major religions declare themselves to be the one, true faith. Catholicism is hardly the only culprit, so let's not lay all the blame on the door of the Catholics, alright?

And I was not aware that the Catholic Church hides the fact of exorcism. As far as I can see, they acknowledge their form of it, although generally try to keep the actual ritual private, generally for the person(s) receiving it. I can utilize The Google and find all kinds of offical Catholic pages that discuss exorcism, as well as bring up offical Vatican announcements regarding it. If I can do that, anyone can and that alone is proof that they do not hide the fact of exorcism.

The Catholic Church is, again, hardly the only major religion who looks down on other faiths and calls them barbaric. See my first statement. Let's not lay all the blame on the door of one.

Voodoo and Santeria both are a form of West African tribal religions cloaked in the Catholic faith, as it was the only way that slaves could continue to practice their beliefs after they were forcibly brought to America and the Carribbian by Europeans and forced to convert. That is why there is such a Catholic overlay to these faiths, even to this day when Voodoo and Santeria and even the original faiths from West Africa are no longer banned or forbbiden. ANY Houngan or Mambo can tell you that. They will also tell you that Voodoo and Santeria are NOT a branch of Catholism, despite the overlays in place due to past necessity.

This thread was started in order to answer questions and queries about a faith often misrepresented by long gone social establishments and Hollywood. Let's not turn it into a thread about why the Catholic Church is so horrible, alright?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#21 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

~I've always been intrigued by Voodoo and am very glad this thread came along. Although I'm Scotch Irish/Native American and truly love to learn about my roots, I'm very interested in Voodoo and think it's an old practice that has gotten much negative attention...such as the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow"........I know, I know, Hollywood but the movie was in fact made from real events. I'd love to hear more about Voodoo and thank you Papa, for starting this thread.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#22 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

~I've always been intrigued by Voodoo and am very glad this thread came along. Although I'm Scotch Irish/Native American and truly love to learn about my roots, I'm very interested in Voodoo and think it's an old practice that has gotten much negative attention...such as the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow"........I know, I know, Hollywood but the movie was in fact made from real events. I'd love to hear more about Voodoo and thank you Papa, for starting this thread.

Papa you are very welcome, sometimes I donít get a lot of time but I will always be back, I am writing a post on sacrifices right now, should (I hope) be ready by the weekend. I am so glad to let people know Voodoo is about communing with spirits and not evil, I want to kind of ease everyone into the culture so it wonít be a shock when I revel the more serious side, hopefully this will be a learning thread, no hate here.

Papa

#23 Deth Angel

Deth Angel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

Papa you are very welcome, sometimes I donít get a lot of time but I will always be back, I am writing a post on sacrifices right now, should (I hope) be ready by the weekend. I am so glad to let people know Voodoo is about communing with spirits and not evil, I want to kind of ease everyone into the culture so it wonít be a shock when I revel the more serious side, hopefully this will be a learning thread, no hate here.

Papa

lay it on us papa :Wall:

tom

#24 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:14 AM

Papa

lay it on us papa ;)

tom

Oh my young impetuous man, as you wish ...first may I start with a love spell because this is what Papa is all about , that is love, more love can never hurt so here I will begin with a simple love spell anyone can do. This is very easy to do.

Papa

Love Spell

First you must clean your bathroom, clean everything, the mirrors, the counter, the sink...you get the picture.

Then cover all the mirrors in the room with either pink or white sheets.

Next light three white candles and place them around the tub.

Draw a bath and add your choice of bath milk, salts or bath beads. You can even use scented bubble bath or scented soap. You should also but on a mushy love songs CD or just something that means something to you and that person...

Get in and focus on the person that you want called to you. If you don't have anyone in particular focus on what you want in a lover.

Chant "Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today, Many heads will turn my way, the ones I choose will wish to stay." While washing your body. Do everything you would normaly do, shave wash your hair...

When your done washing repeat, "Negativity is washed away, I am renewed as of today, Many heads will turn my way, the one's I chooses will wish to stay. I am loved, I am loving, I am love and love myself." Let the water out while repeating this a few times.

#25 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:49 AM

I have to say, Papa, I was just a bit leary when you you said you were posting a love spell...because when most people think of love spells, they think of spells used to get a particular person to fall in love with them. As a practicing Witch, I have had numerous people ask me for such spells which I will not perform....goes against the intended's free will. The spell you shared, however, is magnificent. It does not target a specific person, but is intended to draw love to a person, it focuses on ridding the spellcaster of negativity, and promotes self-love. You can't get any better than that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Blesseed Be
Raven Hecate-Ana Spiritdancer
Child of Hecate
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Raven awesome post. And yes Papa I have to agree every word that Raven posted. Love creates, Love is God and Self Love is the epitome of magic!
Posted Image

#27 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

I have to say, Papa, I was just a bit leary when you you said you were posting a love spell...because when most people think of love spells, they think of spells used to get a particular person to fall in love with them. As a practicing Witch, I have had numerous people ask me for such spells which I will not perform....goes against the intended's free will. The spell you shared, however, is magnificent. It does not target a specific person, but is intended to draw love to a person, it focuses on ridding the spellcaster of negativity, and promotes self-love. You can't get any better than that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Blesseed Be
Raven Hecate-Ana Spiritdancer
Child of Hecate

Hello, and thank you so much, I am a proponent of peace and doing the right thing in every way I can. When I receive such a compliment it warms my heart and makes me smile, this is what I like to bring to show people Voodoo is not a bad or evil thing. Itís about respect, spirituality, remembering beloved ancestors. I will try to help anyway I can. I thank you for making Papa a happy man to read your post.

Papa

edit: I want to say thank you MoonChild.

Edited by papa midnight, 29 April 2009 - 12:30 PM.

#28 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

I do like that spell, it's like one I've worked with that just asks for purging of negativity and for things to manifest "for the highest good of all".

#29 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

I do like that spell, it's like one I've worked with that just asks for purging of negativity and for things to manifest "for the highest good of all".

You are a good person to do such types of spells, many good things will come to you for what you state here, stateing good is as nice as doing good.
You seem a very good soul, your energy is very prevalent here to me, its a good heart that projects this type of aura and is not afraid to state something for good of all that view.

Papa

#30 Deth Angel

Deth Angel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

have you ever cast a spell that; well you know is actually quantifiable and proof that they work?

tom

edit :I would however like to turn my boss into a toad lol

Edited by Deth Angel, 30 April 2009 - 12:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users