#1 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:25 AM

Do you know the differance?

A lot of peopel give me grief because they dont understand why I sacrifice a live goat or cut off a chickens head for a ritual, I woudl like to share any thing I can answer here..

Voodoo is a life affirming practice that encourages its participants to better understand the natural processes of life and their own spiritual natures.

Santeria: In the Spanish Islands, the new religion became known as Santeria (the worship of the Saints).

I am going to try to answer any questions so be patient with Papa, as I also have my patients and clients to do each day, I will answer evey question to my best.

Papa

Edited by papa midnight, 20 April 2009 - 01:28 AM.

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:15 AM

Since Voodoo and Santeria are both religions, and the poster is offering to answer questions about both, I am moving this to the religion board.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:22 AM

I do not know too much of Voodoo nor Santeria, but there are rituals in Hinduism where chicken and goat are offered as sacrifice. From what I know, the sudden burst of energy that is released at the time of sacrifice is taken advantage of by the priest to gain some things.
Posted Image

#4 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

I actually am very curious, because I really don't know very much about voodoo practices.

What is the significance of the sacrifice? Does it vary depending on what animal it is?

#5 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:31 PM

I actually am very curious, because I really don't know very much about voodoo practices.

What is the significance of the sacrifice? Does it vary depending on what animal it is?

I personally do no sacrifice despite practicing rituals in both religions.
They are not the same,but there are some similaities.
In both,sacrifice is done differently. Santeria and Palo use humane ,quick methods.In voodoo,the
the method is meant o prolong the animals suffering.
The rationale is about the experience of suffering living things are meant to have to attain a sort
of "enlightenment",for lack of a better term .

The animals vary either because a bigger energy is needed for the work to be done,or the animal in question is
Sacred to the Loa or Orisha you are paying hommage to.
So say for Chango,you should sacrifice a boar,for Oya,a pigeon etc.

For Loas(voodoo gods). its slightly different.
And you have things like the Ghede and the Simbi,which are collective groups of deitie in voodoo.
You can pay hommage to just one,but to all of them ,on occaision , is more polite.
This doesn't exist in Santeria ,except ,kind of for Olokun. As they technically are twins .

Most city dwellers do chickens and pigeons for sacrifice ,as they are small,easily obtained,easily disposed .Those guys in jersey whp were
Arrested for having goats and stuff in cages ,deserved what they got.
A little decorum pls.The religions have a bad enough rep as it is.....you don't NEED to do a goat if you live on 5
5th avenue.

I have never done a sacrifice,and its why I cannot fully ever initiate ,but I find the whole if yer
not initiated,youre not credible thing ,a joke,and I am respected just as I am..
Energy is energy,and my patrons understand how I work,so I don't sweat it.

Oh and, personal note ,nice try waddy,but I know its you
^_~

Chhaaa

Edited by mooboo, 20 April 2009 - 03:34 PM.

Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#6 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

I do not know too much of Voodoo nor Santeria, but there are rituals in Hinduism where chicken and goat are offered as sacrifice. From what I know, the sudden burst of energy that is released at the time of sacrifice is taken advantage of by the priest to gain some things.

I have always found some religions looking down on this sort of thing ,hypocritical.
And no offense to anyone,as I was raised catholic,but what do they think the body and blood of Christ is supposed
to represent.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

I have always found some religions looking down on this sort of thing ,hypocritical.
And no offense to anyone,as I was raised catholic,but what do they think the body and blood of Christ is supposed
to represent.

Exactly my point, I actually had a talk with someone last day (after seeing your post) and he drew my attention to the co-relation of almost all religions on sacrifice.
Posted Image

#8 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

I personally do not use animal sacrifice, and never have, but I understand the power of blood-letting in magick. There has only been one time in my religious practice where I found using blood necessary, and it was my own blood I used.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I personally do not use animal sacrifice, and never have, but I understand the power of blood-letting in magick. There has only been one time in my religious practice where I found using blood necessary, and it was my own blood I used.

I have always used my own blood in the past.Since i am a teenage novice ,but blood from your own veins can bind you
to the spell on a very deep level,so some advise against it.
Depends upon the spell for me.

#10 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:05 AM

to represent.

Exactly my point, I actually had a talk with someone last day (after seeing your post) and he drew my attention to the co-relation of almost all religions on sacrifice.

Burning of incense,the use of holy waters and oils,offerings of food,sacrificial blood.

The Pope needs to get over it already.It all comes from ancient pre Christ practices.
i actually think Christ was just an enlightened man,and they took what he said and did,and bastardized
it all to their own ends.But Christ had the right idea.

There are actually more christians in the world than buddhists,which i found shocking.
But lets not forget how we beat the tar out of anyone who wouldnt convert,and oh yeah,murdered
10000s of them.

Yo ! our god is cool and benevolent and stuff.Your gods are filthy !
Love only our god....,or ...die ?

i do believe good christian acts exist,and people of good faith do the right things for the right
reasons,but just look at how its used politically.Its a joke.

uh huh
Dont get me started.

#11 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

Well Papa can see you all are flourishing here! I am very happy, since ther is jut observations for now I will continue to watch, some of your Voodoo beliefs are wrong Mooboo, I will tell you when I post next, and if you are refering to me as waddy, I take sever offense to you type of name calling I am no "Waddy' I maybe overweight, but it looks to me you would not have to call me a "waddy"..
I did nothing but try to help here with an Understanding of Voodoo. Though it looks like you are taking over my thread. I dont mind that input but please refrain from calling me "Waddy" I dont waddle.

Papa

#12 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:36 AM

Well Papa can see you all are flourishing here! I am very happy, since ther is jut observations for now I will continue to watch, some of your Voodoo beliefs are wrong Mooboo, I will tell you when I post next, and if you are refering to me as waddy, I take sever offense to you type of name calling I am no "Waddy' I maybe overweight, but it looks to me you would not have to call me a "waddy"..
I did nothing but try to help here with an Understanding of Voodoo. Though it looks like you are taking over my thread. I dont mind that input but please refrain from calling me "Waddy" I dont waddle.

Papa

Waddy is a persons name,not a reference to weight or gait.
What makes you think I was talking to you ?

#13 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Papa

Waddy is a persons name,not a reference to weight or gait.
What makes you think I was talking to you ?

YOU are in MY thread, thats why I think you are talking to me..

Papa

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

No one owns a thread.

Let's not get into attacks and let's keep it friendly, mature and above board.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

to represent.

Burning of incense,the use of holy waters and oils,offerings of food,sacrificial blood.

The Pope needs to get over it already.It all comes from ancient pre Christ practices.
i actually think Christ was just an enlightened man,and they took what he said and did,and bastardized
it all to their own ends.But Christ had the right idea.

There are actually more christians in the world than buddhists,which i found shocking.
But lets not forget how we beat the tar out of anyone who wouldnt convert,and oh yeah,murdered
10000s of them.

Yo ! our god is cool and benevolent and stuff.Your gods are filthy !
Love only our god....,or ...die ?

i do believe good christian acts exist,and people of good faith do the right things for the right
reasons,but just look at how its used politically.Its a joke.

uh huh
Dont get me started.

You knwo I want to say this to you MooBoo, I did not post this thread for you convience of bashing any religion or disrespecting a christian about Jesus, I am a voodoo priest and I am hoping to show we are not about worshiping evil or that much differant than other religions, one thing I do not want is such disrespect of anyone or their religion, no matter your belief, Papa Midnight will not tolerate disrespect, I want all to be welcome here in this little thread, its hard enough to explain to others how's and why's of sacrafice without you getting disrespectful, it does not help me when you put out such negitive emotions and such rhetoric as "get over it christians" very inconciderate and rude!

My appologies to all who viewed that, though I did not say it, look over ignorance at its finest, Papa will pray over your profile for you to have more understanding and less anger. Moo Boo

Papa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users