directory listing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gendp1

gendp1

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:29 PM

I am posting this in the hopes that someone can give me some insight or suggestions with my problem. I have attempted three times so far to get my paranormal group's website listed in the directory. I have provided all the information and included the page for the link back to ghostvillage.com. Nothing. No explanation, no confirmation. Do I have to pay to be listed, or is there something specific necessary to be listed with this site? I have noticed that many of the sites listed in the directory don't even appear to still be working. Any help is appreciated.

Paul G.
http://opit.synthasite.com/

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

I am moving your thread to Tech Support.

Please note, it is required that your Web site links back to Ghostvillage.com in order to be listed in our Web directory. Only sites covering supernatural topics will be listed. You can find some linking methods here: Link To Ghostvillage.com. We reserve the right to edit, omit, or change the category of your listing. We do not link to Web sites that require users to register in order to see any content (this mostly applies to Yahoo and MSN groups).

Note: This submission is not automatic. It goes to a human for review and approval to ensure only quality paranormal Web sites are included in our directory.

How much time did you give between submitting your request and posting this thread? A real person has to manually go through each submission and decide whether to accept or reject it. That individual has been extremely busy as of late

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:29 PM

I am posting this in the hopes that someone can give me some insight or suggestions with my problem. I have attempted three times so far to get my paranormal group's website listed in the directory. I have provided all the information and included the page for the link back to ghostvillage.com. Nothing. No explanation, no confirmation. Do I have to pay to be listed, or is there something specific necessary to be listed with this site?

I take responsibility for this, I do not want to bring out my personal challenges in here, but your request (and all pending) would be listed by today evening.

I have noticed that many of the sites listed in the directory don't even appear to still be working. Any help is appreciated.

At the time we include the links, we do check and all the submitted links seems to be working. But once they are posted in our directory they remain unless someone request for the removal. But I will go through all the links and see if there are any dead links and will clean up.
Posted Image

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

If you're referring to the directory in the 'In Your Area?' section of this forum, have you sent me a PM with your group's name and website? I truly thought I had added everyone who sent me their information.

I will admit I haven't cleaned out the websites that may no longer work, but I have gone through my inbox multiple times to make sure I've added new ones.

So please send me your information and I'll add you. Or if you mean a different directory, then please disregard this message.

Thanks! Autumnbelle

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users