• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Roryboy

Roryboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Hi, my name is Rory.

My house was built in 1970 into the rolling hills of the South Downs in the county of East Sussex in the United Kingdom.

I have always known or suspected that we may have a ghost in the house.
I do a lot of shift work and away from home a lot.

So as not to disturb my wife I sometimes sleep in the guest room.
I have experienced quite a lot of activity in that room ranging from a black shadow drifting across the room at the end of the bed to a shadowy figure gazing out of the window. I have always chosen to put it down to a trick of the light or tiredness.

The guest room is situated over the living room and at night there is constant tapping coming from this room like someone tapping on the floor to attract attention.
If I am working on my computer in my small office which is next to the guest room the door will close, I wonít see it close but it closes.

Whilst I m writing this I feel something is monitoring me because although itís daytime the atmosphere has become claustaphobic and menacing.

When my grandson was a few weeks old I took some pictures of him in the living room. He was lying on the floor. When I downloaded them onto my PC, above him was a white mist, which seemed to be enshrouding him, he was interacting with it, he is clearly looking upward into the mist.

My first thoughts were that the spirit was either my late father or my wifeís late mother so I put the whole thing to the back of my mind.

Just recently my wife has started to recount to me her own feeling of terror when she is alone in the house. She talks of shadowy figures fleetingly seen out of the corner of her eye, tapping and the feeling of not being alone in the room, just as I have told you in my accounts. She also said she felt someone blow into her ear.

I have never mentioned my ghostly encounters to her as she is a very nervous person and I didnít want to unduly alarm her

When we discussed this situation she told me that one of our daughters felt quite scared to be in the house on her own and also told her mum about an encounter she had with a dark shadowy figure in the guest room

About 60ft below my house is a disused world war two listening post, which is a series of tunnels where the Royal Navy were stationed in the war to listen to enemy activities. We are about a mile from the sea.

About two years ago local enthusiast tried to re-open the tunnels and open it to the public.

Do you think my wife is in any danger when she is alone in the house, please help if you can and provide me with any simple solutions I can take to rid the house of this activity.

Thanks

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

Namaste and welcome to GhostVillage. I am by no means an expert in Ghosts. But I beliebe if there are negative entities in the house, you can get rid of them by proper blessing. Try to send Divine positive energy and with an intention ask them to leave your house without causing any harm.

it is always wise ot take expert opinion, perhaps someone who can investigate in person and find out more.
Posted Image

#3 Roryboy

Roryboy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:27 AM

Thank-you for taking the time to read my article and offer some guidance it is appreciated. :lol:

#4 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hello from a fellow Brit :lol:

#5 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Each case is different, but I have heard some similar stories since I began investigating the paranormal.

The first thing that you or your wife should do is simply tell it to stop (Many times this will actually work - just say aloud "Please stop, you are scaring us" whenever an event occurs.) Sometimes these entities (whatever they are) just want to be noticed.

I would also recommend keeping a journal of events (including time, who was in the house etc.) because if the first suggestion doesn't work, you will want to turn to a professional, either:
A Local Paranormal Investigation Team - make sure you do you homework though, as you are inviting strangers into your home.
-or-
A member of the clergy - you may feel odd, but pastors/priest hear this sort of thing more than you would think.

I would set up a trip for our team, but I think that the airfare would surpass our travel budget for the next 20 years.

Best of luck to you!
-AesCome and visit the FBN team web site!!Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations (Southwest Iowa / Southeast Nebraska)We are also now on Facebook!

#6 singingcedar

singingcedar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pre Christian Spirituality, Factual History.<br />I weave, sew, do leatherwork.<br />I am a classical flutist of 31 years. I also play irish whistle, native american flutes and recorder

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

It sounds to me like you have more than one ghost in your house. I agree with Aselon's advice.
Be careful with the Blessing sometimes this can make them mad. Try "talking" to the ghost or ghosts. Talk to them like they are living, they may not realize they are dead. Maybe the light mist was one of your deceased family there to watch over you because of the dark shadow that is there. This would explain why your grandchild was interacting with the mist.
In my past experiences, at least here in the U.S. clergy is not very helpful.
What ever you or your wife and daughter do, don't show fear.
Maybe when excavating the tunnels, this woke up the ghosts. Learn what you can about past tenants in your home too, this could help. Here in the U.S. you can go to a larger library and trace the land owner ship all the way back to original settlement.

#7 Chris56

Chris56

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

About your grandson, he probably was interacting with what he saw in the mist. Babies and young kids are wide open to everything around them and they see and feel much more than adults.

My grandson was 2 1/2 years old when my mother passed away. A few months after she passed, he started talking about the cupcakes she made for his first birthday. I asked him how he even remembered that he had cupcakes at his first birthday and he said Granny (my mother) talks to him and they talked about the cupcakes she made for his birthday.

#8 The V

The V

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, writing, comics, the supernatural, politics, spirituality, and BUFFY!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

Your situation sounds quite similar to one I had at my job once, particularly where the shadows and negative atmospheres are concerned. I can tell you what worked for me. Perhaps it will help you as well.

I spoke to the entities. I told them that if they wanted to scare me, they were wasting their time because I would actually welcome the chance to interact with them. I joked with them, sang to them, and generally made sure that I was literally bursting with joy every time I had to enter the area where they could usually be found. I took it so far as to actually be somewhat annoying. This didn't stop them from trying to scare me, mind you, and I could still feel the aura of dread now and then when they caught me in a moment of distraction. What did happen, though, was that over a period of about six months, incidents grew few and far between, eventually ceasing to occur altogether. I think these entities simply grew bored with me. The last few times I saw them, they didn't even try to interact with me, they just watched me for a time and then disappeared. The other employees who had experienced them reported that they, too, were having no more incidents.

I consider it a success. I don't believe they were human spirits. I think they were something else entirely, and I believe it was the fear that they fed upon. If you stop setting the table, the guests will stop expecting dinner.

As far as these things being dangerous...not really. They only have what power you give to them. At peak power, the most they can do is scare the willies out of you. That's usually not fatal.

By all means, though, seek outside assistance if they start getting any bolder. If they've been tied to the property for a while, they may have a lot of power stored up. Just try not to worry too much. That's what they want.

This is not a clever signature.

#9 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

The belief that ancestors who dont go to a higher realm upon death troubling family members still living is a quite common belief in many parts of the world. So its interesting that this was your instinctual opinion of what was happening.

St. George is quite powerful in England as he is the patron saint of that country. It could be beneficial to put some St. George artifacts in your home if you find them spiritually pleasing.
Also perhaps consider asking the Church for assistance. There is actually a growing part of the Church of England that deals with ghosts and exorcisms though its not widely publicized.
Though I think whatever you do your instincts that this is an issue that needs outside attention is correct. Best of luck and best wishes to you and your family.

#10 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

A couple of thoughts. What you describe is still pretty innocent activity. The doors closing is perhaps the best physical evidence to date. The photos could be a photographic anomaly, the fact that your son appeared to be interacting a coincidence.

As your wife is a nervous person, she may be sensitive to her environment. Environments provide many subtle cues we normally ignore. Did you know for example, based on a recent University of Toronto study that we filter out over 90 percent of the information with which we are presented routinely? That could nicely explain why stimuli that are a bit more exotic are rarely perceived, and whey they are why they would seem to be something otherworldly.

Keeping a journal is a good idea; it allows you to see trends and patterns and as important, removes the potential fallibilty of memory from the equation. Clearly you should make journal entries as soon as possible for the sake of accuracy.

England is quite different that the States when it comes to spiritual matters as you are doubtless aware. One key difference is that much of the clergy is more open to such things than in many other coutries. While a factor is your religion, in general it is far more accepted as 'normal' in England than in the U.S. for example. While there are many investigative team options again, because you are in England, here are some specific recommendations.

First, look into a group called the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena at www.assap.org. They are in my opinion, one of the best organized and managed groups in the English-speaking world and are incredibly ethical and responsible. They can advise you if they can assist, and can point you to good resources. Their contact info is on their website.

However I would say that there is little going on that would convince me that you have anything very extraordinary based on the limited information thus far presented. As usual this really requires a face-to-face meeting onsite to truly make an evaluation. But on the surface, I would say that your wife is in no real danger of the sort you are concerned about. That said, the apparent phenomena may or may not increase; but unless there is something else going on, I would not worry too much about your wife being in danger per se.

Best of luck to you and I wish you all the best in future!
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users