• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:07 AM

I tend to do a lot of evp work. Played around with radio frequency a little bit but considering the pure chance of just finding whatever you want to find at the time... well maybe after I get around to modifying a ghost box I'll have a different opinion. Right now the majority of everything I do is with a little generic RCA digital recorder. Tested it against some of the towers in our area and was not able to get digital whispers. Brought it home and did a session and everyone started to talk lol. But each person has their own method to doing this. I mostly like to use the evp to confirm hunches I get about places. Makes me look a little less crazy to people.

Posted Image

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

You probably won't get anything near a cell tower. They use digital encoding for operation. that would appear as simply a hash sound on a recorder adding to the background noise level and increasing the probability of audio paraedolia.

If you want to test for RF shielding the easist way, short of doing it with equipment, would be to check in close proximity to a local AM radio statio, the stronger the better. Also if you know a HAM operator with a powerful station you might get him to set up a radiating antenna or dummy load next to it and see what you get when he transmits. Be sure he uses AM or SSB modes though, not FM or packet broadcasts. Also concentrate on the 10 meter band or below.

Edited by CaveRat, 26 April 2009 - 04:46 PM.

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:47 PM

Moving this to the Equipment board

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

The location I test at tends to pick up our local country station on less sound equipment. And don't be fooled into buying something just because one person had luck with it. I've found that each individual one is different.

Posted Image

#5 ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

You probably won't get anything near a cell tower. They use digital encoding for operation. that would appear as simply a hash sound on a recorder adding to the background noise level and increasing the probability of audio paraedolia.

If you want to test for RF shielding the easist way, short of doing it with equipment, would be to check in close proximity to a local AM radio statio, the stronger the better. Also if you know a HAM operator with a powerful station you might get him to set up a radiating antenna or dummy load next to it and see what you get when he transmits. Be sure he uses AM or SSB modes though, not FM or packet broadcasts. Also concentrate on the 10 meter band or below.

radio stations broadcast from a tower system also. All I am concerned about is when I'm in the hot zone can I get silence. And with the one I use I can.

Posted Image

#6 Celestemmcknight

Celestemmcknight

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:05 AM

When do you need to get the money? I might dish out some money for these. I actually like the 90 flow, if you can have them make one with that I would DEFINITELY be in but otherwise I have to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users