6 replies to this topic

#1 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

Ok, So I watched this movie called 'Spirit Trap' (UK film starring Billie Piper and Luke Mably) and the majority of it was based around a clock they called a spirit clock. I was wondering, has anyone ever heard of such a thing or is it something the movie world made up? Sounds interesting either way. I figured I'd ask since lots of movies/stories are based on Ouija boards and they're real, so why couldn't this clock have existed/been believed in once upon a time... Any ideas?

#2 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

I looked it up and all I could find was the fact it was part of the movie, so I guess its just a prop..CE

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

I looked it up too and found links to the movie as well as some clocks being sold as spirit clocks. Theses are based on the old analog clock format with large face and numbers on it.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Never heard of a spirit clock in relation to hauntings etc. However, a 19th century French conjurer named Robert Houdin, famous for his Orange Tree illusion (a CGI version of which was in the film "Illusionist") had a thing he called the Spirit Clock in his apartments in Paris. It last sold in the magic collector market for about $18,000 US.
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

I am sure that this spirit clock is fiction, just a movie to entertain you. Horror and suspense movies are designed to scare you. They aren't real. I've yet to see a seance depicted in a move or television program that comes close to what goes on in a real one. Unless you are watching a documentary, you can safely assume that most of what comes out of Hollywood is fiction. Even when something has that it is based on a real event or real people, it is most likely a highly ficionalised account. Take the television program Medium. The show claims to be based on the life of Allison DuBois. Yes, she is a medium who has worked for her local district attorny. But that's where it ends. No one's life is non-stop excitement, glamor, psychic activity, etc. Just learn to take these things with a grain of salt, enjoy them and leave it at that. If you want to attempt communication with spirits, there are a lot of ways here you can read about, and lots of experienced villagers who can teach you some methods.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

I am sure that this spirit clock is fiction, just a movie to entertain you. Horror and suspense movies are designed to scare you. They aren't real. I've yet to see a seance depicted in a move or television program that comes close to what goes on in a real one. Unless you are watching a documentary, you can safely assume that most of what comes out of Hollywood is fiction. Even when something has that it is based on a real event or real people, it is most likely a highly ficionalised account. Take the television program Medium. The show claims to be based on the life of Allison DuBois. Yes, she is a medium who has worked for her local district attorny. But that's where it ends. No one's life is non-stop excitement, glamor, psychic activity, etc. Just learn to take these things with a grain of salt, enjoy them and leave it at that. If you want to attempt communication with spirits, there are a lot of ways here you can read about, and lots of experienced villagers who can teach you some methods.

Well said! I often tell people the same thing. So many people say that Hollywood is "fake' and yet when it comes to pagan religions or paranormal/supernatural it is believed 100%. Watch all the seasons of Charm and you can call yourself a Wiccan. Umm...no, it doesn't work that way.

To the OP: I am not syaing you are one of these people so please don't think so...just commenting strictly on the past post. You did ask if it was movie lore or real, so I am not saying you are a gullible hollywood believer. :-) I often have heard stuff in movies and wondered if it was real or hollywood too and either asked or researched it. Like people, for one, I love finding out someone was real but their stories always vary in real life.

As for a Spirit Clock the term does sound familiar but it might sound familiar to me only from the movie world. I am not really sure of the concept of it...what would it do, what's its purpose? Its very possible that there is some lore out there about it, but it could also just be hollywood fiction. Just sort of keep it in mind and maybe somewhere down the line it will come up again and you'll know for sure what it is. :-)
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#7 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

its a known fact that spirits can "attach" themselves to almost any item, from a simple paper to a whole floor of a house or the whole house.

i haven't seen the movie so i cant directly comment on the clock, but like many people above me said, hollywood is just props and special effects, it may be based on a real story (emily rose anyone?), but its true: unless its some kind of reputable documentary... you should know its fake

search ebay for haunted items, i assure you 90% of them is garbage, i'm quite sure genies (if they exist) have enough power not to be sittin' in a 20$ ring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users