Do Ghost age?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TPIT PIRATE

TPIT PIRATE

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

We where asked to investigate a team members home just the other day. It seems that the father of the member has a problem with EVP sessions in the home(these bothers me) and some of the things the family has seen points towards something evil. The one thing that really put me in the dark was the fact that there is a spirit in the home that appears as a full body apparition of a young girl from the back. Once they have seen her face and say she has dark eyes with darkness under them with ash color skin. They say she appears as dead as a young girl can be. It seems the spirit (from what they can tell) ages with the sister of my team member that lives in the home. Is this the spirits way of keeping the little girl in the home focused on her or is this a trick that the spirit is playing? Im asking that we bring in the priest we use to bless the home and help the father reduce or stop the EVPs in the home. My question is, "Do Ghost Age?" or is this what we all know as a way that Demons play on our feelings towards a child?
Researcher / Tech-support for Tennessee Paranormal Investigation Team.

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

You are going to need more data before committing to any course of action. Consider the full body apparition. Has this claim been verified? Have you ruled out other possible mundane explanations conclusively? if the family is convinced of a demon or evil presence, what do they base that on? What is the claim of the girl based on? Any history that might substantiate such a claim?

At this stage I would continue gathering data before making any decision regarding bringing in anyone. Of course I base this on the limited information you provided here. If you have already done this level of research then base your decision on that. But as to whether ghosts age, first thing is to determine if you even have a ghost. And yes a demon could appear in any form it chooses to accomplish its purpose of deception. But then again the question is what evidence do you have this is a demon?

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Moving this to General Board.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

I agree with Caverat. You are going to need a lot more information before you can make a decision. Has the place been investigated yet? I am not sure from your post.

Good Luck
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

We where asked to investigate a team members home just the other day. It seems that the father of the member has a problem with EVP sessions in the home(these bothers me) and some of the things the family has seen points towards something evil. The one thing that really put me in the dark was the fact that there is a spirit in the home that appears as a full body apparition of a young girl from the back. Once they have seen her face and say she has dark eyes with darkness under them with ash color skin. They say she appears as dead as a young girl can be. It seems the spirit (from what they can tell) ages with the sister of my team member that lives in the home. Is this the spirits way of keeping the little girl in the home focused on her or is this a trick that the spirit is playing? Im asking that we bring in the priest we use to bless the home and help the father reduce or stop the EVPs in the home. My question is, "Do Ghost Age?" or is this what we all know as a way that Demons play on our feelings towards a child?

From my standpoint, ghosts are dead so they cannot age, however some see them as they were when they passed and some when they were younger. Demonics can disguise themselves as children, babies, loved ones etc. I dont believe a human spirit is able to change its appearance like that, or not that Ive ever heard anyway. Having a Priest come in is a great idea. Lastly what do you mean the father hears EVP's?? Does he perform EVP's or is he hearing voice? I dont understand what you mean. Please explain? CE

#6 Ghostride

Ghostride

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Figuring out the paranormal

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

This is quoted from the Spiritual Science Research Foundation

"Humans possess a mortal body, which is born, grows, ages and then dies, i.e. stops functioning. Growth and aging are thus functions of the physical body. As ghosts do not have a physical body, these characteristics of a physical body are inapplicable to them.
The growth of ghosts refers to an increase in their spiritual power, i.e. their black energy or their ability to fight with divine/positive powers."
If we can see our own reflection in the mirror, then what does a ghost see when they appear?

#7 TPIT PIRATE

TPIT PIRATE

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

Yes, it is the second time we did this. I have talked to an expert in Demonology and he has helped me with the case. Thank you all for your help.
Researcher / Tech-support for Tennessee Paranormal Investigation Team.

#8 Dreamgirl09

Dreamgirl09

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

There is no such thing as ghost,so how they can age its just fictional.
"Hymoo.com" - "Create Revolution"- Help Us Spread The Word!

#9 Ghostride

Ghostride

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Figuring out the paranormal

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

There is no such thing as ghost,so how they can age its just fictional.

Now why would you sign up for this website, create a name and all that, then proceed to say there is no such thing as ghost?
If we can see our own reflection in the mirror, then what does a ghost see when they appear?

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Ghostride, we have members who are skeptical or non-believers but that doesn't mean that they can't have an interest in the supernatural or can't change their minds at some point. Skepticism is a good healthy thing to have and it's helped to debunk alleged hauntings or even hoaxes. That's why there is a section in GV called Skeptics. It also helps to further discussions, for if we all believed the same thing, it' be a pretty dull life.

Now back to the topic - TPIT, I'm of the mind that spirit/ghosts don't age, but I also know that our minds can play tricks on us. Could this be that the family only thinks she appears to be aging, due to appearances during different times of day or the light changing, etc? What is it about these EVPs that seem to be evil in nature? I would be interested in hearing some of them - would you post a couple in the EVP section here? One thought has occured to me. Since this entity is about the age of the daughter, and looks like it is aging along with her, could it possibly be a doppleganger? I don't know too much about this subject, but there are some topics posted here about it. You might have to go back several pages to find them.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 Alan B

Alan B

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

I am not convienced that spirits age, or for that matter can do much more than be with us. I fthey aged, that's a human trait. I am not convienced that they can think, or play tricks either. We only use 10% of the power of our minds, and I am convienced that we sometimes make ourselved see and believe what we want to. Just my thoughts though.

#12 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Why no Caveman Ghosts? I think early B.C. era is the oldest witnessed in modern times. Any input would be appreciated, I have a few theories.
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#13 Tanner_TVP

Tanner_TVP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I love sports. I played football in high school. I've been ghost hunting and investigation since 2001. I have been a private investigator for a little over four years. I use many of the same investigative techniques to study the paranormal that I use to solve my cases. I treat my haunting cases with the same care and precision as any other case I work. I believe that thorough documentation and detailed study of activity will give us insight into the causes of haunting and ghost activity. I like working with others in the field especially those with more experience. My favorite thing about this field is that there is always something to learn.<br />

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

From what Iíve seen and heard from other investigators, ghosts donít age. Thatís not to say that it is impossible we are talking about non corporeal entities. But they havenít that Iíve ever heard of. I could be a demonic. As someone stated earlier they can appear however they want. They also tend to latch on to young females and cause activities around them.

Another explanation is classic Poltergeist activity. The apparition is actually cause by the girl. This could explain why it ages as she does. Iím Poltergeist activity a human host can have psychic abilities. These abilities manifest themselves without the host knowledge. They can cause things to move, EVP, Disembodied voices, apportions, and a wide variety of activity. Iím the past when Iíve seen it, it usually helps to get the host to counselor. Stress and trauma are offering the cause. To test it out take the suspected host out of the environment for a few days and see if there is a decrease in activity.

If you are who I think you are. I would love to help. tennesseevalleyparanormal@yahoo.com
Shoot me an email. Even If you not who I think, I'm in the area and I have a tun of equipment that might help.
TannerTennessee Valley Paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users