• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brandyrun

brandyrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

Bear with me, this may be a little 'out there' for some.. wait a minute.. we're paranormal investigators! I have recently come to acquire iris scan technology and cannot find any information on whether or not we can record or get a digital iris scan of an apparition.

I have spoken with one professor who has claimed that it may be possible (as we catch things with our digital cameras) to scan and record the iris of a 'ghost'. I'd love any thoughts/feedback on this. As with most things, we will test our theories out along with the equipment.

What I'm trying to do is revolutionalize the way certain information is gathered out in the field. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to be able to prove that the same entity is 'haunting' a location? Can you imagine how great it would be to be able to log each entity via iris scan? I'm hoping (given the scan will take and that I have volunteers to stand/float in front of it) to re-visit some locations to do the scans repeatedly, proving that the same entity is there consistently.

How would we capture the scan? Well, the same way we get our orbs to show up.. ask! I plan to 'invite' anyone interested to allow us to take a 'picture' of their eye. This will help us log them into our system and 'identify' them the next time we come. This way we can build a library of our entities. I'm hoping our ghosties will go for it, we know that they usually don't mind 'posing' for pictures when asked nicely.

I hope all this makes sense. Just a very exciting new development for our team.

Brandy

#2 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

While it does sound like an interesting idea, and can very well help identify a recurring haunting, I have to ask how do you plan to get an accurate scan? In my experiences and studies, the longest amount of time an apparition has appeared is a few seconds. And most of the time it is a partial manifestation. Also, if they presence is not opaque, any spectrum of light will pass right through it. Does the scanner depend on laser technology?

I would be more apt to go after fingerprints than a retinal scan. That is if our spirit friends leave fingerprints, I have never checked.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

That's a new one on me. Sounds like you have the technical part down, now if you can get your subjects cooperation (ghosts) then maybe you're on to something. In any event it is worth a try. Keep us posted on the results.

#4 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

Good luck with that...
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#5 brandyrun

brandyrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

Thanks everyone. We will be testing this new equipment in late June/July so I will keep you all posted as to whether or not we are able to capture any scans!

#6 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

I agree - getting a good head shot would be the hardest part.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users