Scared son and confused mother

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mickigwinn

mickigwinn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hi. We moved into our house in October 2008. My 8 year old son was not afraid of the house at the time. Now he is terrified to go to his room. My bedroom is right outside of his bedroom in a hallway that sections off that area of the upstairs. He has said that he hears things and he has said that he has seen my bedroom door open and no one was there. He has also told me that he has seen a black mist in the corner of his bedroom that scares him. Every day he appears more afraid to go upstrias by himself.
Ok now I believe in ghosts. I don't feel anything creepy in this house and I havent seen anything. I was just thinking that he didnt want to have to go to bed. (I remember being 8 and being a little afraid of the dark and stuff.)
Weird things have begun happening that I am finding more difficult to explain. About a month ago, I had three sticks of butter still in the butter box on top of my microwave anticipating making cookies (first floor). I went to grab some and noticed that about half of the butter was melted. I grumbled and blamed it on the microwave thinking maybe it was begginning to malfunction and that we'd have to buy a new one. this has been the location of my butter before and after this experience and it hasnt happened again.
Then this week I came home to find a puddle of butter on my kicthen floor (first floor). A big puddle, about 2 square feet. At first my son thought it was cat pee but the cat was outside. Upon cleaning it up i noticed the consistency was just like melted butter, it had that melted butter look and a vague butter smell. So I am cleaning it up assuming this is butter. Then I noticed that even if a stick (or 4 given the size) of butter were to find its way onto my floor (not near any windows or doors) and were to find a way to melt (our regular use butter in its wrapper on the kitchen table didnt melt even though it was about 2 tablespoons), wouldnt the wrappers be there to be picked up? I checked the ceiling and everything but cannot explain the butter.
So last night I go home and unlock the doors to find my portable phone (in the kitchen first floor) sounding the fast signal that shows its been off the hook for awhile. I figured that my husband must have left it on before he left. I go to work at 8:30. My husband goes to work at 9. The caller id shows that calls came through atleast until 11:15am. I came home at 5:30. The doors were locked and no one was home. The cats were even locked outside.
Does this sound haunted? I feel like I'm losing my mind...

Edited by mickigwinn, 22 May 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#2 Gabby

Gabby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:writing, the occult, paranormal, film, television, past lives, spirituality, anthropology, religious studies, divination, I Ching, Astrology, coincidences, painting, literature

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

That's strange. Though some things you can explain usually as coincidences. It's better not to over-react. I had some odd experiences after working with the ouija board. I came home from a vacation and found a lot of things in odd places. Such as a tooth decay thing in the cereal cabinet. But little things, like that. I found this heart ornament that had been broken in half, I found it in its usual place in my jewelry box. This is gonna sound freaky: But it was stuck together with clay or something. I know no one was capable of doing this.

Then I found one of my black post it notes, with the word 'Magic' written on it in white pastel or chalk. I had been writing on the post it notes, but not in white. The other thing was that it was stuck to a paper towel roll that had been sitting on my table. And it was sat upright instead, leaning against the wall with the magic post it note stuck to it with like, candy or gum. Other things, my angel penny flat out disappeared from this place I had set it down. Though I was kind of out of it at the time and doing all sorts of things, I think something took it as an opening to mess with me. Or maybe our crazy neighbor did it, who knows?

But yeah I have experienced those crazy things and felt like I was losing my mind.

Advice:: Look for any objects that really disturb you or could be jinxed or haunted, if you get a horrible feeling from them and physical chest pains like me I would get rid of it immediately.

Also, shield mentally if you feel it is there. You can train yourself to be more aware of these things. But for me, a simple act of prayer halts it in its tracks. It's possible that I was over-reacting and there were explanations...but those little things can make a person doubt themselves, some spirits like attention. Others seem to like control.

I think it might be possible spirits such as poltergeists can actually influence the physical. I don't know why or how.

I hope this helps. I don't really like to think back on it, but I felt you might benefit from knowing that you're not the only one.
"Science without the spirit is humanity without a conscience"Me“An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”Charles Dickens Gabzyreach me here: AOL

#3 mickigwinn

mickigwinn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

thank you so much! I was thinking maybe after i was telling my son there was no ghosts upstairs, that it was saying to me, oh yes there is! I can't figure out anything to explain the melted butter.

#4 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

thank you so much! I was thinking maybe after i was telling my son there was no ghosts upstairs, that it was saying to me, oh yes there is! I can't figure out anything to explain the melted butter.

You are definitely not the only one to experience strange events and wonder if there is a supernatural element to them. It is a natural human impulse.

Still, it is important to remember that just because you can not explain something, that is not a good reason to jump to conclusions and say that it is paranormal. You would be in effect saying: "I cannot explain this, so I will explain by saying it is supernatural." It is a violation of good logic.

You should be pre pared to accept that some things will happen though a chain of natural events that we are not able to imagine.

With no disrespect to you or your son, I would suggest that it is more liekly that his imagination is the source of his fears. This is perfectly normal in every respect. You at first felt no misgivings about your surroundings, but it seems like your son's fright may be putting you on edge and working on your perception of events. I would do my best to gaurd agaist this if i were in your position. Remeber that there is no real evidence that connects what has happened with the parnormal. it is all just supposition.

As for the butter mystery, it is difficult to imagine a cause without seeing the particulars of your kitchen. It does sound perplexing, though. Is it possible that some of the melted butter from the top of the mirco wave ran down the back of the micro wave and made it's way to the floor? Just a thought.

The phone I would call a non-issue until it happens again. It is wierd, but if you look at every little wierd thing that happens, and start attributing paranormal causes to them without any real reason, you will soon find yourself terrified in your own home for no good reason.

I hope that this is helpful, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#5 mickigwinn

mickigwinn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

Well the butter could not have run down and pooled 10 feet and 3 months away from each other. One stick melted on top of the microwave in no way would make this puddle. I have melted butter for cooking and this resembled about a pound. Was I missing a pound of butter no. Where were the wrappers? There were none. Just a puddle of melted butter. I discussed this with my husband and he told me his daughter is deathly afraid of her closet. Our house is set up oddly and upstairs where the bedrooms are, ours, and my son's room are in one part closed off through the hallway with a door from her bedroom. Now you would think a 9 year old girl would be afraid of the doorway to the hallway to the rest of the house. Instead she leaves the light burning bright in her closet because she has told him something is in her closet. She says she hears something rustling in the closet at night when the light is turned off.
Displacement of objects has been getting worse. Things will dissapear. All of nthe pacifiers in the house dissapear and two people check the same place and even lift fabric and look under and 30 minutes later it is siotting right in the middle looking as though it has always been there after all. And you'd think you were crazy but both of you looked...

#6 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

My advice is the put sage leaves or sprinkle ground sage around your home.

But, this ghost doesn't sound malevolent, I would say a child with a hint of mischeif who feels lonely. I've had a vacuum dissappear then reappear cause of one of these games.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#7 mickigwinn

mickigwinn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

My advice is the put sage leaves or sprinkle ground sage around your home.

But, this ghost doesn't sound malevolent, I would say a child with a hint of mischeif who feels lonely. I've had a vacuum dissappear then reappear cause of one of these games.

Yay! I have sage so we'll try this tonight! Thank you! I dont mind the little stuff, its the 'there's something in there' mentality the kids have that's worrying us.

#8 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Even if you're not religious its never too early to teach children some prayers to say before bed. In my experience the lords prayer gives children protection before going to bed and also puts their mind at ease. Also theres something nice about seeing children say prayers before bed.
Though of course one should do prayers consistent with ones religion and beliefs. I'm not trying to advocate any particular religion or belief system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users