Malicious spirit problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Layla Ananda

Layla Ananda

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

See, here's the thing. My friend's moved into a house with a known haunting. It's the spirit of a young boy who died from electrocution -- a bunch of cables fell on him during a freak storm which cut the power throughout the village and killed him too. He's no trouble. Sometimes, my friend hears the sound of running in her backyard and her younger cousin has seen him. That's the extent of his manifestation.

However, lately, there has been something more dangerous. For the past two months, my friend has been having nightmares which always end at 4am, causing her to wake up. Upon waking, she feels a presence watching her and this presence has threatened to kill her every time. She also tells me that her mother's heard her coughing even though she has no cough. I suspect the spirit has been trying to suffocate her during the course of the nightmare.

She has tried to speak to it but all it says is that it wants to kill her. She can't give me a signature on its gender, age or race so I'm kinda groping in the dark here. Push comes to shove, I'm staying over her place for the night sometime.

My temporary solution is to keep a Bible near her bed and pray during the attacks. I was also thinking of getting her perhaps some Cat's Eye to keep near her bed.
Anyone have any input on this?

#2 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

Sound like she's picked up a real prince of a haunt. Would suggest at first a change of pattern. Sometimes these repetititve experiences are re-enforced by the person expecting it to happen, making it easier to happen again.

Try something easy, like sleeping on the couch or at your house, so at least your friend can get caught up on her rest. Next to impossible to think straight when you get so tired. Once you break any pattern, the cycle is weakened and its harder to re-establish.

Next thing might be to strengthen your friend's faith in herself. Like with any bully, you must refuse to be a victim. You are stronger than a ghost, and it can only do what you allow it to do. Granted, they can surprise or scare you, but it can do you no real harm. Its dead. There are several good psalms (like 91) that are good general purpose prayers.

The methods of cleansing a place are many, from full blown rituals to a simple sweeping and smudging. Not my call to make. No matter what may be occupying my place, I always do a cleansing of a new place. It doesn't hurt anything and is a good idea in general to bless a new home. The best way for you will have to be your decision. There are many here at GV who have an excellent handle on that topic.

Be safe,
Greg

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#3 Lysithia

Lysithia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but perhaps she can manifest a "shield" around herself. Some people envision a white ball of light surrounding them... sometimes I do that, but sometimes I envision being wrapped in a blanket, and when i've got my blanket around me, no harm can come to me.

I've used this concept before when a friend of mine and I were investigating a site I believed to be haunted. She's a much stronger medium than I, and as we were leaving, she felt hands around her neck. I projected that image of the blanket around her, and the hands left her. She told me, once we were back in her car that that was the feeling she had. That she was being wrapped in a blanket and the hands let go.

#4 Gabby

Gabby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:writing, the occult, paranormal, film, television, past lives, spirituality, anthropology, religious studies, divination, I Ching, Astrology, coincidences, painting, literature

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

This is all good advice. I've tried the shielding and it works fairly well. But to be honest just reciting the 'Our Father' in my head works a million times better for me. This happened two nights ago it tried to attack--pinch, poke, scare-- and I began praying because I'm conscious when it happens during sleep. Then it was gone instantly and I have no memory of it happening, just that it was about to until I prayed to God.

Then I got this message, "It takes 30 seconds for an angel to reach you when you pray"
The angels will protect you from ghosts if you pray and call on them. You have to believe in the power of God, that he and his angels are watching over you and that they know what's going on. I think it must be up to the individual to call upon them. Since all people are made to have free will. God doesn't interfere directly unless it is absolutely necessary.

So maybe tell your friend to memorize some prayers, and that the Our Father works really well for me.
"Science without the spirit is humanity without a conscience"Me“An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”Charles Dickens Gabzyreach me here: AOL

#5 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

Your friend has picked up something way nastier than the boy. You did mention a bible so I am going to asume that Christian is the religon here.

The Lord's prayer works well for protection and defense. The 93rd Psalm and the 23rd have been used for defense and protection as well. It's been suggested that you have your friend sleep over at your house. It might be worth trying, both to help get more sleep and to see if the negative being has attached itself to her or the house. If it attached to her, then it will follow.

Does she belong to a church? If so, she might get her pastor involved.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#6 Layla Ananda

Layla Ananda

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

Thanks guys. I'll give her a little heads up if she gets into more trouble...

#7 singingcedar

singingcedar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pre Christian Spirituality, Factual History.<br />I weave, sew, do leatherwork.<br />I am a classical flutist of 31 years. I also play irish whistle, native american flutes and recorder

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

Does she belong to a church? If so, she might get her pastor involved.

Many times clergy will not help. My brother was plagued by a demon since childhood and it actually crossed over and threw him across the room and left him unconscious. He sought out a protestant minister, catholic priest and a rabbi, no one would help. He finally confronted it and he with his wifes help pushed it back.
I had a guy who I think was demon pocessed harassing me, I received the same response.

#8 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Where the is good, there is bad, so its possible she has a very negative spirit around her. Its hard to say what it is at the moment. I suggest she NOT acknowledge it, dont talk to it, and never confront it. Keeping a Bible around is not the answer IMO. I would tell her to recite St. Michael's prayer every morning and night, and as someone else said, she can picture herself covered in a white light of protection, so that no one can hurt her. When you say it threatens to kill her, does it speak or is it done telepathically? I would say prayer, and ignoring for now. If it escalates them she may have to call a PI team in or clergy its up to her. CE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users