193 replies to this topic

#151 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:01 PM

For those of you who believe in this legend, what would happen if two or more people did this at the exact same time, in different areas? Does Mary have a "To Do" list? Does she have the ability to appear in multiple places at the same time?
Posted Image

#152 hurricane holly

hurricane holly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Harry Potter, paranormal stuff (duh!), reading, watching cartoons, cooking, culturalizing myself (in other words, museums, opera, performing arts, etc), feeding a myspace addiction, googling random stuff, etc.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

I accidentally found this today, so, since it goes along with this thread, I figured I'd post it. Apparently a movie on the legend of "Bloody" Mary Worth is coming out this Halloween. It seems potentially cheesy (for instance, fictional main character Mary Gooding, who will probably work out to be the relative of Mary Worth, has a witch bloodline and she lives in, surprise, Salem!), but here's the link to the movie site which contains a brief history as well. Bloody Mary movie site

#153 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

I can't wait to see the movie, no matter if it is good or bad. This brought back memories, we did the Bloody Mary thing at sleepovers, when it was my turn, I pretended to do it, but never did, I was too scared, lol. Nothing ever happened to my friends. We also did "light as a feather, stiff as a board" with fingers under someone and we would lift them. I was always the lightest, so I was lifted and not dropped. Several of my friends were lifted and dropped, but not hurt. Was this a fad from the 70's and 80's or do kids/teens still do this at sleepovers?
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#154 Geisha

Geisha

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

You should check out the movie Nite Tales, which has a few teens playing Bloody Mary and the Bloody Mary is very creepy.

#155 Geisha

Geisha

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

Check out this bloody mary in the Movie Nite Tales.

#156 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

http://www.snopes.co.../bloodymary.asp

This is a pot of information!

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#157 Richv1

Richv1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

How come if I try calling her it does not work?

#158 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:34 PM

Pretty creepy game but alas, it's just Urban Legend.

Whatever

#159 Richv1

Richv1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

I know but it would be fun and maybe scary to see an Urban Legend come true.

#160 BobdaBuilder

BobdaBuilder

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

I hope this is the right place to put this question..

Would any of you happen to know the origin of Bloody Mary? by any chance?

I have looked it up on the net and have not found anything that is really any good .

Im not sure where bloody mary is originated from...but however i did recently watch this movie that dealt with bloody mary...

it called Nite Tales...have you heard of it? i think it aired on BET or somewhere...

the movie just portrayed bloody mary as a childhood myth but then
somehow becomes real and starts killing everyone who called out her name more than once...you guys should check it out...i believe there are some clips on youtube...
that might help you out...

#161 ashott

ashott

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

HMMMMM, I remember Bloody Mary all to well and have to say I will NEVER do it again. I was in summer camp and had a friend from the Bahamas that said she had done it and it worked, well being 10 or 11 the rest of us didn't believe her. So we attempted it and I must say it was quite scary.

Three of us went into the bathroom of the school we were at(which was all white) and started the chant 13 times in the dark. I seem to remember having to turn around 3 of the thirteen times. After the 13th time of saying Bloody Mary the bathroom got this eerily green light on the whole bathroom. Now remember it was pitch black in a white bathroom. Then we saw this female figure coming towards us from the mirror with wild hair flying and black rags hanging from her body. That was enough for us and we opened the door to break the spell. It has been 20 years since that happened and I remember it like it was yesterday.

#162 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Sometimes, when we do things like this we have heightened senses due to fear, so things may happen because of that, I am not dismissing any of your cases.
One of the kids at school did it when we were younger, nothing happened except she stayed off school for a few days to scare the living daylights out of us.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#163 Geisha

Geisha

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Nite Tales had a combination of Bloody Mary, a Scary Clown, and a killer cop.... it was fun to see all together.

#164 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

We played this once - I didn't see anything, but I was plenty scared and won't ever do it again. This one girl got scratches on her back, but I think that's because it scared the :owl: :chainsaw: :Wall: :lol: :wow: :hug: :redbounce: out of her.

#165 BobdaBuilder

BobdaBuilder

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

HMMMMM, I remember Bloody Mary all to well and have to say I will NEVER do it again. I was in summer camp and had a friend from the Bahamas that said she had done it and it worked, well being 10 or 11 the rest of us didn't believe her. So we attempted it and I must say it was quite scary.

Three of us went into the bathroom of the school we were at(which was all white) and started the chant 13 times in the dark. I seem to remember having to turn around 3 of the thirteen times. After the 13th time of saying Bloody Mary the bathroom got this eerily green light on the whole bathroom. Now remember it was pitch black in a white bathroom. Then we saw this female figure coming towards us from the mirror with wild hair flying and black rags hanging from her body. That was enough for us and we opened the door to break the spell. It has been 20 years since that happened and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Deng thats pretty scary oh man...i dont think i'll ever do that...but the one in nite tales the room wasnt green that pretty scary tho i would never have thought it can happen in real life...you should watch nite tales and tell me if your experience was similar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users