193 replies to this topic

#166 Retro

Retro

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm jealous. You guys all got the story in much greater detail than I did (my friends were always notoriously uncreative!)

Basically it was told to me that all you needed to do was to stare into the mirror and she would appear. I tried it and if you stare long enough your face starts to blur and look different. Game over for me.

But, if I had gotten a cool story to go along with it...

#167 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

has any body heard of bloody mary ....???? its a tid bit like the candyman story ...but u have to sit in front of a candlelit mirror (in the dark) and say bloody mary 13 times and she is meant to appear behind you ???

LOL 13 times. I herd the body marry legend long before the candy man movie ever came out. it was stand in front of a mirror, say her name turn say it again.... do this three times. Then she appears all bloody; hands cheeks and chest like she had been scratching at her face... anyway that is when you supposedly drop dead.

The candy man, I had never herd of until the movie came out.

now you want scary. try being brought up as a catholic, being told that if you sneeze and no one blesses you.......... your soul escapes your body and you go to hell.
Or better yet, if you don't close your eyes when you sneeze. IE when driving, your EYES WILL POP OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

I love myths.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#168 Dragongoddess

Dragongoddess

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:34 AM

Or better yet, if you don't close your eyes when you sneeze. IE when driving, your EYES WILL POP OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

I love myths.

actually, that's not a myth... it's a reflex to close your eyes when you're sneezing, couse your yes WOULD pop out of your head... you cant sneeze with your eyes open...:) :)

~a prayer for the ones wild at heart, kept in cages~

#169 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

According to Snopes.com, some people are capable of sneezing with their eyes open and it is indeed a total myth that your eyes would pop out of your head if you do.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#170 GhostWhispers

GhostWhispers

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Films. Horror movies. Music. Reading. Writing. Poetry. Arts & Crafts. Photography. Beaches. Nature. The Paranormal. =)

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

I was always afraid to do this one. I believe I've done it when I was younger with friends of mine but I don't remember what happened.

#171 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

well a while ago i was a baby but my brother was in middle school and apparently him and a friend did bloody mary one night at his friends house but nothing happened so they thought it didnt work so they went to bed. the next day my brother was in gym class and he said he heared screaming ringing through the gym and he ran up to his teacher and asked him who is doing all that screaming, and his teacher said i dont know what you are talking about and sent him to the office, but then it stopped, but it continued for about a week until it stopped altogether. before that the screams would happen every so often for like a said about a week.

and even to this day he still says he didnt fake it, but i still dont know if it is real or not.

:D

#172 Ghostride

Ghostride

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Figuring out the paranormal

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

My oldest sister and I used to do the Bloody Mary gig all the time. Especially when we had a power outage. It NEVER worked once, nor did anything happen at any relevant time. I had a few friends at school who told me about it and they said weird things were happening to them over the following week as well. Personally I think its a joke!
If we can see our own reflection in the mirror, then what does a ghost see when they appear?

#173 Lysithia

Lysithia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

Oh, this myth (myth or not!) still scares me to this day. It took me so long to get over the fear of having a mirror in my room and I still don't like the bathroom mirror in the dark.

The variation I heard was that You said her name 3 times in front of a mirror while turning and she would try to come out and kill you. I mean, that alone was enough for me to never try it, but I'd also heard that she would always haunt that mirror once summoned, hence the mirror-mistrust. I'd lived in military housing my whole life, who knows if someone in the family before me tried the myth?? That's what I asked myself, anyways.

I'm pretty much okay with mirrors now (until reading this post, it'll be a few days again), but someone early on brought up The Ring. That movie freaking scared the crap out of me. O.M.G.

#174 Geminishining255

Geminishining255

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

This myth scared the creepers out of me for so long. To this day I can't look in a mirror without having a light on somewhere...I'm pathetic, yes.

#175 acdcfreak

acdcfreak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ac/dc, the paranormal, led zeppelin, bugging my elders

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

a couple summers ago me and my friends did that bloody murder or bloody mary stuff i saw a shadow walk behind me both times i did it.
have you or anybody you know done this, what did you see i know there are different ways of summoning her so describe yours
i might do it again this summer with an evp recorder, pendulum and digital recorder and post the results.

jonathan
http://www.facebook....amp;ref=profile feel free to add me, i'm da dude"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate mindfully."

#176 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Since this seems to be about summoning spirits, and not a specific encounter I am moving this to Spirit Communication.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#177 acdcfreak

acdcfreak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ac/dc, the paranormal, led zeppelin, bugging my elders

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

i'm really sorry i thought since i actully saw it and described what i saw it was a sighting
http://www.facebook....amp;ref=profile feel free to add me, i'm da dude"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate mindfully."

#178 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

Hmmm...actually, bloody mary is one of those urban legends, so I'm moving this to the Urban Legends board, where there is a big thread for it (the mods for that board will likely merge this thread with the main bloody mary thread).

And don't worry, you're new to the boards, you'll get things figured out soon!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#179 darkdragonfaiery

darkdragonfaiery

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

has any body heard of bloody mary ....???? its a tid bit like the candyman story ...but u have to sit in front of a candlelit mirror (in the dark) and say bloody mary 13 times and she is meant to appear behind you ???

HAHA!! i memer "bloody mary", this was the "nicests" of the ghost stories/myths I heard.

Ok here is what I heard: You turn off the lights in the bathroom. Walk to the mirror and stare into it, as you turn the sink on. When you feel all creeped out say her name and flush the toilet. You gotta do it 7 times. On the seventh time the mirror gets hazy, keep looking in it. If you really believe she will appear all bloody looking at you from the mirror, careful she'll try to get you (scratch you / pull you into the mirror). IF you can you then splash some water on the mirror from the sink and she changes to her "nice" looking self.

Being the wierd kid I was, me and my friends tried it. That was the only time I ever tried it, we were in elementary school. I don't know if it was the particular group of girls I was with or if it was all me, but it worked. The door to the bathrooms locked w/out a key, water started to back out of the sinks, lights started flickering. It was like a scary movie. I still get creeped out by the memories. WE saw her, she grabbed onto my & my best friends arm. Needless to say we didn't remember to splash the water on the mirror as we were too busy trying not to get pulled in. Somehow the other girls managed to get the door open and pull us out with them as they ran out.

We NEVER used that bathroom again, but other girls did. I heard on more then one occasion if someone was alone in the bathroom the lights would flicker and a woman would laugh hysterically. But the classes on either side of the bathroom walls NEVER heard the laughing, even though you could pick up the slightest sound at any other time.

My best friend and I are both sensitives... go figure. We still have the scratches, they don't really seem to go away w/ age. My little brother went to that same school years after I did. Noone ever told him about what happened until he had graduated HS. One of his "girlfriends" told him about the lights and the laughing when they were in 5th grade. What ever we called is probably still there.
"The earth is our flesh; the rocks, our bones; The rivers are the blood of our veins."Wixarika shaman

#180 LADYOFTHEEARTH

LADYOFTHEEARTH

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

Mirrors are said to be a gateway between the world of the living and the world of the dead.That is why when you say bloody mary in front of a mirror with candles or in the dark that something will appear to cross over.That can be dangerous.You dont want to let a malevolent ghost in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users