bloody mary

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#46 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:10 PM

or there's always AIDS mary if you wanna get risque. what's typhoid mary though? i've never heard that one?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#47 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:29 PM

Typhoid Mary is what they call somebody who's a carrier of a contagious disease who doesn't get sick themself, but manages to spread it to a large number of people.
Posted Image

#48 cute_and_cuddly

cute_and_cuddly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:x1|Honalulu|USA|usa|515|281|HI,Hawaiix1|Honalulu|USA|usa|515|281|HI,Hawaii

Posted 30 May 2004 - 12:47 AM

what r u talkin bout?

#49 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 30 May 2004 - 08:04 AM

Typhoid Mary is what they call somebody who's a carrier of a contagious disease who doesn't get sick themself, but manages to spread it to a large number of people.

aha so kind of like an old school version of AIDS mary? makes you wonder if there was a plague mary
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#50 saneguy

saneguy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:03 PM

Typhoid Mary was an actual person, Mary Mallon. She was a carrier of typhoid who worked as a cook and infected those who consumed the food she prepared. Here's a link with the story. http://www.straightd...yphoidmary.html
Posted Image

#51 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:01 PM

That is what I always thought bloody mary was...that and the queen.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#52 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

it wasn't mary I from what i've read. in fact, i've never found anything that says bloody mary came from maryI. she was known as bloody mary because she burned the protestants who wouldn't convert to catholocism but she didn't claw their eyes out...i think.

#53 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

hmm...interesting...maybe they are talking about the aftermath of the killings, like birds doing it and they just developed a thing saying she did it cause it sounded better.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#54 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:37 AM

god theres so many differnet marys ...

#55 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:43 AM

There is something about Mary!  [smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

#56 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:35 AM

lol most defeintly ...it seems through out history marys are cursed or killing or killed.. the queen .. the mary celeste... and all those mentioned n this thread???

#57 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 10:29 AM

I remember in junior high school, there was a rumor going around that several kids, three girls and two boys, got cut up mysteriously in the school bathroom after attempting to call up Bloody Mary when we had an electrical outage. It was made up, of course, but it scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#58 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:05 PM

we had rumours going round like that all the time

#59 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 02:59 PM

There is a girl at our school called Scary Mary...I swear that girl is going to shoot us someday...

#60 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

I realize that this may cause some stuff to hit the fan, but when you think about it, more people have died in the name of a different Mary then any other. More people have lost their lives in the name of the Virgin Mary then any other Mary I can think of.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users