• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#61 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:33 AM

ur probably rite ... no offense to any one called mary but mayb the name is cursed????

#62 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:09 AM

My mom's name is Mary, and she gave birth to five kids, but perhaps calling her bloody would be going a bit far. lol
Don't be a newt!

#63 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:39 AM

lol ana...i don't think the name mary is cursed. i've actually always liked the name.

A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#64 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:44 AM

well mayb it has something to do with reliogn as mary queen of scots was religoius and look at her life...  and then theres the virign mary ... dont really need to say anything else

#65 Right_next_to_me

Right_next_to_me

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Location:x0|Erie|USA||0|0|x0|Erie|USA||0|0|x0|Erie|USA||0|0|x0|Erie|USA||0|0|x0|Erie|USA||0|0|

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

What does bloody mary look like?

#66 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:47 AM

from the legends i've read, she's a really icky looking woman with deep gashes on her face and long talons with which to gouge out your eyes.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#67 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:43 AM

Windows of light if you're still here will you join me in the chat room? Thanks,

Mykiedave
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#68 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:23 PM

every time i say bloody mary i can always picture a creepy woman kinda like the girl of the ring but more older looking ... but who really knows...

#69 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:46 PM

hmm...maybe its her sister. lol

#70 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:41 AM

lol....... Alsie.
Posted Image

#71 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 06:30 AM

:)

#72 ladygrim

ladygrim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

... isnt there ment to be a movie out soon bout bloody mry

#73 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 July 2004 - 07:46 AM

well mayb it has something to do with reliogn as mary queen of scots was religoius and look at her life...  and then theres the virign mary ... dont really need to say anything else

I doubt it does as there are thousands of women named Mary or a regional variation thereof, who go through life without any supposed ill luck.

As for Mary, Queen of Scots, her religion actually had not nearly as much impact on her life as politics did (although admittidly, religion and politics were entertwined at that time).  She was the cousin of Queen Elizabeth Tudor and many times Queen Mary claimed that she was the rightful Queen of England, citing that Elizabeth was a BAD_WORD and her mother, Anne Boylen, a witch.  So eventually Elizabeth sent her to the Tower Green.  

Not sure exactly what you mean when you say look at the Virgin Mary.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#74 bruisepristine

bruisepristine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

bloody mary..hmm. i remember this legend lol. some girls tried it in middle school when we were in the locker room. nothing happened.  i, myself, however, am too chickensh*t to try it.

#75 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:30 AM

I did something similar in high school...but instead of in the bathroom, I lay in bed, sheets and blankets over my head and chanted the prerequisite chant.  I've no idea WHY I did it that way.  

But I did see a rather nasty looking hag's face.  Freaked me out.  Might have just been my imagination that caused that though.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users