46 replies to this topic

#1 acdcfreak

acdcfreak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:ac/dc, the paranormal, led zeppelin, bugging my elders

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

are there any wicca christians out there? i was wondering how do you worship, and how do you fit the lord and lady into christian theology, are they part of the trinity

thanks
jonathan
http://www.facebook....amp;ref=profile feel free to add me, i'm da dude"Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. And enjoy your hot chocolate mindfully."

#2 tooladdict195

tooladdict195

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

i didnt know such a thing could be done!

if it can i would certainly be interested!

#3 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

I'm not a Wiccan Christian, but i do know a coven of it, they could probally give you some answers.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

I'm not a Wiccan Christian, but i do know a coven of it, they could probally give you some answers.

can you ask one of the to explain their religious beliefs and then post it here? Or maybe one of them can join and post?

Thanks
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#5 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
The Christian Wiccans are people who practice Wicca, while continuing on the path with Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit.

This will be an open coven until we decide otherwise.

Christian Wiccans are those who still practice Christianity the old way, but add the beauty and natural path of Wicca. Most of us here have melded the two forms into a lovely, cohesive daily practice that enriches our lives and the lives of others. Many of us are seers, healers, and teachers of our ways.

Taken from their description

BTW they can be found here : http://www.spellsofm....html?coven=147

Edited by Ike, 07 June 2009 - 02:27 PM.

Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hmmm...sounds a bit like the old Celtic Christianity, interesting.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

you learn somthing new everyday. didnt know you could be both at same time.

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Funny thing, I was in the bookstore the other day and actually saw a book about this very thing! Didn't stop and pick it up, as I was on my way to the cashier and I was pressed for time, and I don't remember the title, but when I next go back I'll take a peek at it.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

Early Christian tradition, especially the Gnositic Christians, would have had little trouble accepting the Wiccan Rede into their philosophies.

The veneration of the Lord and Lady would have fit into the ways of Sophia(Wisdom), which was one of the Major Spirits of God. They had a very holistic view of the universe.

For a quick look at Gnostisism, there is actually a Gnostisism for Dummies out there which gives a decent overview of their faith and beliefs.

Greg

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#10 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

While the Wiccan Rede fits nicely into Christianity, I wonder how one could worship the Lord and Lady of Wicca while following the Christian commandment of having no other gods other than the Tetragram.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#11 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

While the Wiccan Rede fits nicely into Christianity, I wonder how one could worship the Lord and Lady of Wicca while following the Christian commandment of having no other gods other than the Tetragram.

Note I said veneration. I don't think we understand worship in the same manor as our ancestors. To hold the figures of the Lord and Lady as sources of wisdom and emulation would not be displacing the role that the Creator requires as the source of all. There are many rooms in His mansion and I think many of these are labeled in Sanskrit or Chinese or Celtic.

Greg

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

:ghost: Makes me wonder what form of Christianity do they practise here in India, especially the Southern states? For most of you, you will surprised to see they worship idols, have almost all elements of Hindu practises being followed. I do not want to comment on that aspect though.

But for a person who is Spiritual, and sho found the connection with Christian practises, I guess it is okay to follow parts of other beliefs as well and incorporate it in their own ways. For them, Spirituality matters. The problem arise when Religion mess up.
Posted Image

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

Virgin Mary.

:ghost: So sayth a former Catholic.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 Morraeon

Morraeon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

I'm looking for ways to blend elements of Witchcraft/Wicca/something from Ye Olde Ways into my faith practices. I was raised Catholic and while I love Christ and the rituals of the Church, I am getting fed up with the bureaucracy and cliqueishness that is haunting the Church right now, so I'd like to find something to revitalize my faith on my own terms.

#15 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

I'm looking for ways to blend elements of Witchcraft/Wicca/something from Ye Olde Ways into my faith practices. I was raised Catholic and while I love Christ and the rituals of the Church, I am getting fed up with the bureaucracy and cliqueishness that is haunting the Church right now, so I'd like to find something to revitalize my faith on my own terms.

That is why I became Wiccan in the first place. I wanted to worship my Gods in my own way without anyone else telling me how to do that. They don't call it having a "personal relationship with God" for nothing. I truly have a personal relationship with my Gods (since I have several...all the while understanding that each one is only a different aspect of the same entity) Welcome to the Village by the way. Hope you find some of the things you are seeking....this is a great place to start.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users