35 replies to this topic

#31 robinrenee

robinrenee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:people in both this world and the next

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

I think there is no doubt that you had a paranormal experience. It was not normal. It was other than normal. I mean, you don't think you see Phantom people every day, do you? I have no doubt they were aimed at you personally, and felt that YOU would feel comfortable if THEY appeared to you in medieval clothing, that's all.

I agree. :)
The pale girl watched him cautiously when she asked, “Can aborted babies come back as ghosts?” Solomon smiled as he answered, “Yes, magnificent ones!”From a heartwarming ghost story, Solomon the Midwife: Appalachian Afterlifehttp://solomon-the-m...fe.blogspot.com

#32 the queen

the queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Has anyone else had a similar experience - seeing/hearing something that you cannot explain until, at some point the obvious is right there?

Actually, I do. And it's a rather funny story. :hug: At least to me.

A few years ago, I was sitting in my living room reading when I became aware of the faint sound of voices. Very faint, I knew there was a conversation happening, but I could not make out the actual words, nor guess at the gender or number of speakers in the conversation.

At first I thought it was outside, we live across the street from a very active Catholic Church, so I wondered if they were having yet another event. Got up, looked out the front window and nothing. Just a few guys in front of the tavern down the street (it's a city, tavern and church are often neighbours), and they were just sitting there watching the world go by. I looked up the other way, perhaps the neighbours' kids were out.....nope. Empty street.

I started walking through the house, knowing that I can hear a faint conversation and it's driving me out of my mind! Where is it coming from? I *know* there is *no* paranormal activitiy in my house, despite it's age (about 100 years old), despite the area (the church has stood there since 1875 and I think the house is on former church property). The cats aren't acting like anything is weird, tv is off, the church is quiet, the street is quiet, the next door neighbours on both sides are not home........WHAT IS GOING ON????? Why am I hearing this faint conversation??????

That's when my husband starts laughing like there's no tomorrow.

See, he played a joke on me to see what I would do. He has the entertainment system set up so that the living room is surrounded by speakers, and had, while I was reading (I tend to shut out the world when I get my nose in a good book), tuned the stereo to a talk radio station and turned the volume down just enough that it would eventually penetrate my book enduced fog, but that I wouldn't be able to figure out easily where it was coming from.

He's lucky I love him....lol

great post; when i first was reading your story i thought that maybe a bedside radio was on really low, you know the snooze button hit accidentally and hearing the noise. that's great though, your husband has a great sense of humor. i however have heard voices like you describe several times in my life and no radio was turned on. it's very annoying as i can't put a finger on who, what or where.
Fondly,the Queen
"What a long strange trip it's been" aka Grateful Dead
The West Memphis 3 Are Free!!!!!
www.wm3.org

#33 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hi Canis I'm a late-comer to this thread but I really enjoyed reading about your experience. That's all I've got to say. Nice and simple :)

#34 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hi Canis I'm a late-comer to this thread but I really enjoyed reading about your experience. That's all I've got to say. Nice and simple :)

Thank you Jenjen. I am glad you enjoyed it. :)

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#35 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Interesting topic and story Canis. I am a believer , but I try to discredit myself before I believe what I see or even hear. Anyways, back to you. As I was reading I was thinking on the torch,humidity,mistyness and other things you mentioned and yes all those can give that type of illusion. So I would have to agree in your conclusion to the story and what you seen. Thanks for sharing.
simman

#36 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

Interesting topic and story Canis. I am a believer , but I try to discredit myself before I believe what I see or even hear. Anyways, back to you. As I was reading I was thinking on the torch,humidity,mistyness and other things you mentioned and yes all those can give that type of illusion. So I would have to agree in your conclusion to the story and what you seen. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading my long-winded story Simman. :D

I appreciate your input, I know from your threads that you have had your share of experiences.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users