• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:14 AM

Namaste everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I know that most of the GhostVillagers are from the Americas and Europe, where the Eastern thoughts and philosophies would be rather new, and I am sure it is two different worlds out between us. But living in India and born into a culture that has roots to a few thousands years, I just wanted to share some light on the aspect of para-normal and how the Eastern views consider such activities.

For one, the "other realm" is considered so normal in our religions and thoughts, there is nothing to be scared of, neither is there anything to be stayed away from. Usually in almost all scriptures or other religious texts, and as I dig deeper into the ancient philosophies I also come to realize that most of the concepts are well explained, but it is all cryptic for the general people. Most of the concepts were wisely depicted as pictures or stories, so that the common man without higher esoteric knowledge would understand them clearly. An excellent read on this subject is The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra.
Posted Image

#2 singingcedar

singingcedar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pre Christian Spirituality, Factual History.<br />I weave, sew, do leatherwork.<br />I am a classical flutist of 31 years. I also play irish whistle, native american flutes and recorder

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:49 AM

I have noticed this too in my studies and talking with people from the middle east and far east. Westernized thinking seems to be in the minority as far as view on paranormal. At least in the U.S. I think that everything is saturated with christian doctrine, a belief that was so carefully molded to curb free thinking and enlightenment. But I think too because the U.S. is a melting pot there are options as far as exploring other belief systems if the person can break free of generations of indoctrination.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users