What's Your Hobby?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:46 PM

One of mine is needlework, the other is my flower garden. I thought I would share how I try to combine them sometimes:

Posted Image

Here's my WIP
Posted Image
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

Awesome work! I guess I do not have any "arty" hobbies :Spaz:
Posted Image

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Ummmm.....lets see here....

Knitting
Crocheting
Beading
Hemp Jewelery
sewing (includes refashioning and repurposing)
writing (hoping to make that a career)
Reading
Studying history

Hoping to learn/improve:

Embroidery (improve)
Spinning (learn)
weaving (learn)
quilting (just started learning)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

Whoa! impressive list here Vampie! And what? No "catting" :Spaz:
Posted Image

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

Heh...that's not a hobby, that's a lifestyle.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#6 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

My Main hobby is western martail arts & medieval historical recreation. Mostly under the Auspices of the SCA. http://www.sca.org/

Pictures of me in my fighting rig:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As well as the martail arts, I do woodcarvings based on medeival motifs.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#7 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

My hobbies are limited right now but I enjoy my motorcycles. I am slowly restoring a vintage 1980 Honda CM400. I also ride the bike to work and I think I enjoy riding it more than restoring it, which is also fine with me. I used to enjoy baseball card collecting but these days sportscard makers seem to focus on out-of-the-package collectible cards so I stopped buying them back around 15 years ago.

Edited by Axman, 16 June 2009 - 05:58 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#8 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

I crochet. A lot. I have boxes upon boxes of it. Mostly doilies and baby blankets. A few years ago, I crocheted and stuffed dragons to sell in our merchant's booth at one of the local Ren Faires.

I also do rubber stamping and sold boxes of note cards at the merchant's booth as well.

My to-do list is to learn tatting and spinning yarn (got the stuff, but not the time)

Beautiful work, Red!

Caniswalensis, love the pics! I've used broadswords and claymores in my day!

Edited by Crone, 16 June 2009 - 09:46 PM.

Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#9 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Researching local history. I go on walks, take photos of interesting old buildings ( I tend to prefer the ones that no one really notices rather than well-known landmarks---after all, the research is usually already done on those), and go through old property records to try and find all the info I can on the buildings and people who lived and worked in them. Nice adjunct to ghosthunting as well---sometimes it feels like these people want their stories known.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

~Here lately, I've had this overwhelming urge to find the complete history of my home. It's very overwhelming as it's all I ever seem to think about anymore.

P.S: Red...I just love needlepoint. I wish I had the patience for it, but since I don't I can enjoy the work that you do. It's so very pretty, you do awesome work.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#11 WillowsRaven

WillowsRaven

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Hiding your keys. Staring at those who deserve to be stared at. Seeing just how much coffee I can hold. Stalking the neighbors cat.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:57 AM

Antiques and reading. Upon death I fully intend to be sprinkled over Barnes & Noble from an 18th century urn. * heh *
Have You Licked A Witch Today?

#12 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

My Main hobby is western martail arts & medieval historical recreation. Mostly under the Auspices of the SCA.

Ah, Canis, I'm another SCAdian here. I reside in the Middle Kingdom. I am known as Lady Arabella Diana Fortunata della Montagne.

The SCA helped me to develop my art...I started out as a scribe, re-creating medieval manuscript illumination, and it just expanded from there....now I do all sorts of painting and drawing.

I have always been kind of crafty....embroidery, crochet, some knitting, sewing, quilting, and I have many years of writing poetry and short stories.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

My Main hobby is western martail arts & medieval historical recreation. Mostly under the Auspices of the SCA.

Ah, Canis, I'm another SCAdian here. I reside in the Middle Kingdom. I am known as Lady Arabella Diana Fortunata della Montagne.

The SCA helped me to develop my art...I started out as a scribe, re-creating medieval manuscript illumination, and it just expanded from there....now I do all sorts of painting and drawing.

I have always been kind of crafty....embroidery, crochet, some knitting, sewing, quilting, and I have many years of writing poetry and short stories.

Draco Invictus!

It's very nice to meet a fellow scadian/midrealmer here, Raven. I go by Sgt. Bran Atterowan in the society. I live in the S. IN/ W.KY area.

The society is wonderful for building all kinds of skills. (Friendships too)

Best wishes, canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#14 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

Caniswalensis, love the pics! I've used broadswords and claymores in my day!

Thanks Crone. Playing with sharp things is fun, isn't it? :-)

regards, Canis

#15 singingcedar

singingcedar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pre Christian Spirituality, Factual History.<br />I weave, sew, do leatherwork.<br />I am a classical flutist of 31 years. I also play irish whistle, native american flutes and recorder

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I play several wind instruments including Native American flute, I sew, crochet, native american fingerweaving, and leatherrwork. Amateur genealogy, historic truth, recreate historic garments
The pic is of my weaving, the traditional "loom" I made, and some of my flutes. I made the flute bag with Kokopelli on the front

Edited by singingcedar, 17 June 2009 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users