Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What's Your Hobby?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:42 AM

~Now THAT'S what I'm talking about, singingcedar!! I just love anything that has to do with Native American Art (half Black Foot here...other half is Irish). Just beautiful work you do & tahnk you for sharing!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#17 darkdragonfaiery

darkdragonfaiery

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

Im with you Lauri Ann. I love all things native, I'm 1/4 latina and the rest is all native. :ghost: Here is my list:

Current Hobbies

Drumming (native all the way)
Flute playing (native all the way)
Story Telling (native all the way)
Leather work
Beading
Embroidery
Crochet
Drawing
Photograpy
Jewelry Making
Writting
Carving
Tatting
Iron Fan/Tessen Jutsu
Martial Arts (studying TKD)
Sewing (from simple quick fixes to wedding dresses)
Reading
Dancing (many forms)
Working on classic cars
military aircrafts (maintenance)
Pets (I love animals)
Tattoing (used to work as an artist, now just collecting)
And last but not least Paintball!!!!

What I want to learn:
Drum-making
Knitting
Spinning
Airbrushing (on vehicles)
Muay Thai
Katana/Ken Jutsu
Naginatajutsu

I'm sure if I think about it I could find some more but this will do for now. :blush:
"The earth is our flesh; the rocks, our bones; The rivers are the blood of our veins."Wixarika shaman

#18 brucekp

brucekp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

I'm a ham radio operator, work on computers and ghost hunting!

Enjoy them all!

Bruce
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,Than are dreamt of in your philosophy-ShakespeareLawmakers are studying the possibilty of banning any independent thought and freedom of choice. quoted by insiders: "We can't rely on our citizens to know what is best for them or their families, therefore we cannot permit people to freely make choices on their own. Any citizen suspected of independent thought shall be detained pending a deportation hearing."

#19 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Ummm Let's see. I am a weather watcher for a local TV news show. My area is high elevation so we get more snow and rain than anyone else. Sometimes I send in photos, but just in the winter during a bad Noreaster. Every night before I go to bed I play Pogo (Scrabble) it helps me relax, and use my brain lol. I also enjoy taking pics even though I am not that good at it. CE :Spaz:

#20 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

singingcedar :: I LOVE your native american flutes, they're very beautiful. We used to have a flute similar to yours at one point in time, and it was a gorgeous instrument.

My passion in life has been music, for a very long time. I absolutely love playing bass, as well as a little 6-string guitar, both electric and acoustic. I have 3 basses currently, and my avatar is my first bass, one that I've done some work with. Whirly Dude I'm looking at buying an electric guitar, but it won't be for a while, as I owe hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a bass amp!

I've also been falling in love with amateur photography and editing. It's not something I have talent in, but it brings enjoyment.

#21 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Jake! It's good to see you back again. I missed you. I think photography is a wonderful hobby as well as a great outlet for your creativity. And don't worry about how good or bad at it you are - just keep doing what pleases you. You might be surprised at how much talent you have. I'd love to see some of your work - post a couple of pictures here, why don't you?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#22 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:20 PM

I just finished this picture. It looks wrinkled because I laundered it and haven't taken the time to iron it yet. This project is titled "Christmas Cottage" and the chart came from "Cross Stitch Gold" magazine from the UK. It took approximately six weeks to complete - the hardest part was the bare branches of the tree - too many fractional stitches! Now I have to figure out what the next project will be!

Posted Image

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#23 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

I give you credit there Redhead for doing that wonderful cottage.

My hobbies are riding my Harley. Traded from a 1200 Sporster to a 1450 Softtail Nighttrain.

Singing. I was lead singer in a hard heavy rock band the last couple years but members have gone here and there after our excellent drummer went out of comission. I will look for another band this coming year.

Decorating. I love to decorate. My clients and friends say I should try out for the HGTV design star show. That would be excellent.

First and foremost, Meditating and helping others.
I am more than my physical body.

#24 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

Here's my hobby:
Jewelry
I'm currently under bead probation... Can't buy anymore until I use up the stock I have (which is alot).
Love life.

#25 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:44 AM

my hobbies were karate i am a black belt. i stopped competing about two years ago when my opponent (who was about 15yr younger than me) knocked out two of my teeth (accidents happen) and it cost me several hundered pounds for a bridge. i now take up more gentle persuits. i have a telescope (a sky watcher: D=150mm F=1200mm and it has coated optices a good staring point i am told) and spend many cold nights looking at the stars. it's not as good for my general fitness as karate was, but it sure is nice not getting hit anymore.

#26 Fly_By_Night

Fly_By_Night

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Flying, reading, and outdoor activities, such as camping, etc.<br />I'm also starting a collection of &quot;true&quot; ghost stories throughout the years.

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

Some of my interests are:

Digital photography (I shoot with a Canon EOS 40D. Canon rules!!).

Astronomy (2 scopes: A 10in reflector, and 4in refractor)

I'm something of a bibliophile, and have a small collection of antique books. Many of these were found in junk shops & garage sales. It's amazing what some people discard.

I'm also an instrument-rated private pilot, but that license is little more than a decoration now, as I haven't been able to afford to fly enough to stay current in more than 10 years. Put me in front of a plane today, and I probably couldn't even get the door open.

These may not qualify as hobbies, but I like anything outdoorsy:
Mountain biking, camping, hiking,etc.

(I just re-read this post, and it looks like I'm filling out a profile for an internet dating site, sheesh..)
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."-Marcus Aurelius

#27 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

(I just re-read this post, and it looks like I'm filling out a profile for an internet dating site, sheesh..)

LOL... I enjoy long walks through the mountains, sunsets, playing in the snow. Iwould like a man who is TALL (at least 6'3" as I'm 5'11"), educated, respectful of my beliefs, funny....
Love life.

#28 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

I enjoy camping, hiking and the outdoors. Also doing some of the things I should have got out of my system years ago. (parasailing, caving, zip lines, that kind of stuff...)

I am also a record collector. (Yeah, those black vinyl CDs with a hole in the center.)

That is when I'm not busy doing electronics design work

#29 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

My hobby is wood burning.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#30 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

Currently, my hobbies are: knitting, writing/reading wrestling fanfiction (most of it's still in the notebooks, unfinished because the musi are a bit flighty like that.), jewelry makin (Some of which I sell through a local Arts center.), reading, and listening to music.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users