3 replies to this topic

#1 kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,008 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

It is based on the Sookie Stackhouse book series by Charlaine Harris. The show is broadcast on the premium cable network HBO.

Basicly the story is kind of like Twilight for adults. I personally love this show. Season 2 just started Monday. I went out and picked up season 1 on dvd and after watching episode 1 I was hooked.

Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 ravenhecate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

Having read all of the books before the series ever came out (except for #9 which was just published in May) I am having a hard time getting into the series. I love the idea of seeing some beloved characters on the screen....however they have changed the story from the books to the point where I cannot really get into it. I am going to keep trying however.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Morraeon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

I've read a couple of the books and a handful of short stories; I just got the DVDs for my birthday, and I'm looking forward to watching them.

#4 eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

I bought the first book last week but haven't started reading it yet. I actually saw some of the trailers for the first season when the show started, but I didn't connect the book to the series :whee: When I heard it was a HBO series, I was like "ohhhh right..."

I will be checking the serie out once I read the book. Looks very promising, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users