Communication through candles

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 KristinaMarie

KristinaMarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies, spending time with my friends, meeting new people, "ghost hunting", and just having fun!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:12 PM

Me, my mom, and friends would use candles. We used any candles, You need six. (one for the spirit) You set 5 in the shape of a star. and you put one in the middle. You also need four people involved in doing this. One to the north, one to the East, One to the South, and one to the West. You alos need preferably a crystal... Or a small chain necklace (something that your not afraid to get burnt. You'LL ALSO need a small cross (it helps to communicate only with good spirits) and a knife (it 'protects' you)............. Then your ready to go.. It really works. I have a great expirience to tell you......
-Living on the edge

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

Nice, but how does the communication happens?
Posted Image

#3 KristinaMarie

KristinaMarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies, spending time with my friends, meeting new people, "ghost hunting", and just having fun!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

It works by hold the chain over the middle candle (the spirit candle) You relax and just want and wish a spirit unto you. The when the chain is going into a full large complete circle you have acontact with a spirit. You may ask it yes or no questions only, the chain will either go in a straight line for "no" or a circle, oval shape for "yes".... but never just get up.... that lets or can let the spirit enter our world! You send it back by saying, thankyou for your precense you may now go back then you blow out the spirit candle!
-Living on the edge

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

So....candles and pendulum.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

And the candles are in the shape of a pentacle? Is that for protection when you use the pendulum?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

It seems that we might be missing some critical information, such as any 'protection' preceding and following/closing the session; how are each of the items used? My particular question (I have posted a similar query at "Religion/Spirituality") relates to the 'cross' - although I have had friends who are Wiccan and/or Free Masons who gave me a very enlightening (though quite different) take on the 'cross', I assume that its use here is somehow related to the average Christian interpretation of the cross? If the latter is true, is this ritual only for Christians? Is there a suitable 'prop' that one who does not believe in Jesus (as Savior) or the Christian belief set around the cross, may use - or would Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc. be precluded from this?
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

Spirit Communication is not ever bound by any one religion or faith. If you come across a method you would like to try, all you do is adapt it to your own faith or religion (if you have one).

In other words, instead of a cross, use the Star of David or Menorah or other symbol that holds meaning to you. Intsead of say, a pray to St. Michael or a plea to the Goddess, use something within your own religion.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#8 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:26 AM

Kristinamarie, how did you come to use candles in this way? And how did you come to put them in this star pattern? I'm not doubting you at all, just curious at how you both arrived at using this particular method of attempting communication. The only thing I could find online was using candles in spell work. Is this something handed down in your mother's family? I'd love to know the history of this practice.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#9 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

no disrespect but maybe she just improvised it through trial and error, and had luck with that certain setup, as i'm sure majic and wiccan sites are more biased on material powers rather than setups and actual rituals, ok.... i'm not an occult member so i will stand corrected.

from anybody's experience, does shape, form, color and placement of candles change the odds of meeting an entity? or even a divine spirit? are there special prayers that need a certain "setup" for them to actually be official? just found it interesting

#10 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

from anybody's experience, does shape, form, color and placement of candles change the odds of meeting an entity? or even a divine spirit? are there special prayers that need a certain "setup" for them to actually be official? just found it interesting

I used to have a roommate in SC that was terrified of black candles. He said that they were used in black magic or satanic rituals and refused to be in the same room with them. He felt that just having these candles in the house was an invitation to evil entities to appear.

This really cheesed off my other roommate because she had a set of black candles in a nice od silver candlabra that she like to decorate with. She actually owned the house, but this guy that hated the black candles was always removing them to the garage, or actually trying to throw them away. She would notice they were gone and go looking for them and put them back. Then she would chew the candle hater out pretty good. This cycle kept repeating itself the entire time he was there, which was about six months. He once confided to me that he believed there were demons leading the homeowner to the candles so that she could put them back and they would still have a way into the house.

At the time, I was still a firm believer in the paranormal, but his theory seemed a little bit paranoid or at least self-centered to me.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#11 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

no disrespect but maybe she just improvised it through trial and error, and had luck with that certain setup, as i'm sure majic and wiccan sites are more biased on material powers rather than setups and actual rituals, ok.... i'm not an occult member so i will stand corrected.

Consider yourself corrected. Setup, ritual and mindset are far more important than whatever it is you mean by material powers. But that discussion belongs on the Religion board.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#12 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

well, by material powers i mean like, they say:

ok, here's a quartz stone, it holds X and Y qualities (healing, luck, prosperity), use with X and Y paryer\spell\ritual after 1:00 AM because the effects of the moon at that time will cause A,B,C to happen. (hypothetically speaking ofcourse)

but back on topic:

i was wondering why candles and other accessories have to be put in a certain formation for them to work, do movies give the impression that if you lay candles in a crucifix\star of david\triangle\corners of room formation then a higher being than a spirit or certain spirit might show themselves like that? i realise that by doing that you're building a door... a portal of some sort that signals spirits to come and make themselves known like an actual visitor rather than just a presence, i'm just pondering because although i'm a believer and have experienced (and still experiencing) spirits of many kinds, those sort of rituals are still a puzzle to me, any one here who practices this sort of thing who can say to me "yeah, this works"?

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

It's about focus and visualization in the short answer, both in regards to your wonderment about formation and for your total misunderstanding of the use of various objects, chants, etc, in magic.

Edited by Vampchick21, 02 July 2009 - 08:41 PM.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:55 AM

do movies give the impression that if you lay candles in a crucifix\star of david\triangle\corners of room formation then a higher being than a spirit or certain spirit might show themselves like that?

One thing to remember is that Hollywood doesn't get it right - I'd say the movies that depict this sort of thing are so far and few between that I can count them on one hand. Movie people are in it to entertain you and make money.

#15 Stefanie

Stefanie

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Consider yourself corrected. Setup, ritual and mindset are far more important than whatever it is you mean by material powers. But that discussion belongs on the Religion board.

Honestly speaking, I believe that symbols only have importance in this physical world. I don't believe by any means that symbols and physical presences here mean anything in particular to those of the spirit world. The purpose of symbols, crystals, formations, shapes is to help people to get into the right trance state to communicate. Not all people can just hear voices in their heads or see a wispy spirit in front of them visually. The symbols have no true importance to the spirits, only to the physical beings in this realm. I assure you that spirits have no problem communicating through what is felt to be comfortable because it's very easy to use fear against us, or against themselves. Symbols and set-ups don't work for everyone, so if you choose not to follow the religious rituals, then don't. To each his or her own, right?

Posted ImageThere's a hole.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users