My washing machine is possessed...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Mysteries of the metaphysical and of the puzzle type. Drawing, writing, beading, hiking, house cleaning - just my own - travel, driving, comedy.

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:25 PM

So long as the washing machine doesn't start channeling all those lost single socks from where ever they disappear to, I think you should be ok.
Posted Image

#17 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

As an investigator could you have a tag along spirit who came home with you? A friend of mine works in an antique store and has had some interesting stories about lights coming on overnight and hearing voices, giggles and crying after they recieved a group of antique toys in their store. Have you brought any used furniture or garage sale finds into the house? I lived in a haunted house for several years and I believe someone is simply welcoming you home by turning on lights. Your spirit probally missed your energy. We had the light situation and a boom box which would turn on usually in the wee hours as some of our homes events. I'd have the house blessed or cleansed in any manner that you find comforting and say prayers of protection before and after you investigate haunted areas.

Lillycat, you bring up a good point. Antiques come sometimes with spirits attached. I had it happen twice with an old cargo wooden trunk and an old 1940 wooden wall phone that I bought from an antique shop. Wow.. it doesn't even have to be anything old... I never thought of garage sales or used furniture that could have spirits attached. I love antiques and have many. Actually, it is funny that you wrote this because I have been having an "excited, but nervous" feeling.... an old family friend of my husband's just passed away and he left several very old antiques to us. We will be getting them soon.. I have this funny feeling things will start happening in my home again.. oh well.. So, did you bring anything into your home that could have had a spirit attached to it???
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#18 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:50 AM

No.. We don't have any antiques in our house, yet... We could have brought something home, however I feel that it was something just passing through...

We don't feel that the house needs to be blessed or clensed... It does need to be cleaned however, so if you know of anyone that does kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms, windows, laundry, and vaccums please let me know... LOL...

Edited by Joven76, 05 July 2009 - 08:51 AM.

PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#19 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

So long as the washing machine doesn't start channeling all those lost single socks from where ever they disappear to, I think you should be ok.

Boy, I hope not!!! We have too much laundry already!!!! LOL

:wow: :weeee:
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#20 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hey Chris,

I know who it was!!!! Pop on IM sometime and I will tell ya's!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#21 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

Ghostcat, we inherited a 1850's era chest from my husbands family. We are from the far north and this was a typical piece used by settlers. It had been kept in the attic of a barn for decades in extreme cold and heat yet was in excellent shape. The metal hinges hadn't even really rusted much. Inside it we found a mcguffy reader from the turn of the century, antique baby clothes, letters from the 1880s and old newspapers. It seemed really comforting at 1st because the letters dear, like we were getting to know my husbands ancestors on a personal level. Then wierdness seemed to happen near it. It was very heavy yet we'd go to bed and the next day it'd be a few inches away from the wall at an angle. We don't have earthquakes in our province. There were other bizarre things that occured after it came into the house. My daughter left gloves on it and we found them later in a boot. It just seemed to have a negative vibe, almost like there was anger around it. At times the chest felt hot even in winter and we keep our home chilly because of heating costs. We got rid of all of it. That angered other family members but no one else seemed to want it in their home. Also, as I mentioned my friend who's worked in an antique shop for 20 yrs has had some strange experiences with antiques. And these experiences have been witnessed by several employees yet the owner will not allow an investigation. I do believe one must be sensitive to experience this type of vibe. One can bring in a haunted item from a garage sale. Another aquaintance-coworker said she bought an old vase at a garage sale and she experienced some paranormal activity while it was in her home. I believe in cleansing or prayer, whatever you find comfort in. We lived in a haunted house many years ago and were not the only family to have experiences in that house which was also very old. We took the house because we really didn't believe in any of this and after living with it we became believers. I doubt this persons washing machine is haunted yet if he is investigating the paranormal or uses a spirit board in his home he may have bought a spirit into his home. Hopefully it's moved on.

#22 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

Oh, we don't use spirit boards or Ouiji boards in any way what so ever... We avoid them like the plague so we don't open ourselves up to anything... We do investigate the paranormal, however I don't believe this was something that followed us, but more of something passing through and has moved on...

Posted Image

#23 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hi Joven

If you have not had any more issue, then you are probably correct, its moved on.

Take care
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#24 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Yea, nothing since the first incident...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users