Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone crunching zombie action. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem.

I bought this book last week, mainly because the cover really caught my eye. I have never read Pride and Prejudice but I've seen one of the film versions, so I have an idea what to expect. I'm currently in the middle of two books (Alex Kava's At the Stroke of Madness and Holy Blood, Holy Grail) so I haven't started on it yet.

Has anyone on GV read this book yet and if so, how did you like it? The book was published in April 2009 by Quirk Books.

#2 Morraeon

Morraeon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

This book is an utter HOOT! It isn't a total rewrite of the classic Jane Austen novel, but the guy who added in the "ultra-violent zombie mayhem" did a great job mimicking Jane Austen's unique politely tongue-in-cheek tone and style. I'm not much of a fan of the George Romero sort of zombie, but I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, and this book managed to get around my mental blocks on zombies: a bit near the beginning with the five Bennet sisters swinging into action when a bunch of zombies attack at a ball at Netherfield hooked me completely!

(Plus, it's also got Wickham, my least favorite character getting his come-uppance in *spades*)

#3 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

It caught my eye too Eatnama but I was in a hurry so I didn't have a chance to even scan the back cover to see what it basically was about...think the idea is brilliant and will definitely be picking it up this weekend.
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:49 AM

I just noticed this book the other day at the book store. I looked it over really quick. It looks like it will be a fun read.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users