• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:26 AM

i wont cover the whole story here because its nothing different from other people around here, in short... i'm unemployed and in risk of living in the streets :(

anyway, my mom told me to go to a manpower agency to find something to do, so i took my bike and went for a big drive to visit people on my last job that knew me, to say hi and think of me if an offer for a job comes to them.

after i was done with them, i drove through very close to where my late grandparents once lived (and they pretty much raised me at times when my parents had no time for me), at the end of the " building alley" there is a small playground that my grandfather used to take me to, its still there only it has new "rides" today. anyway... i sat on the same bench that my grandfather used to sit on, and started talking knowing he or my grandmother must be listening, i was taught not to cry so i couldn't cry, so i wept inside asking them for help, i told them i believe they are with me and i need a sign from them that they heard me..

HERES THE JUICY PART:

after another 4-5 minutes of crying and sobbing, a girl i dont know, is talking on the phone and comes to sit an inch and a half from me, and starts talking to me, at this point i got nervous because in reality people are afraid to sit next to other people on the same bench (and there are many other benches on the same area), let alone a female coming to sit next to a man in the garden all alone.

now this is the most crucial moment: she said "its hot in here, right?"... i nodded with agreement scared to say a word, then she offers me to drink from her bottle of some cold bevrage, mouth to mouth.

now any male with even half a brain wouldn't refuse an offer like that, heck... to some its a sure sign that she was trying to hit on me, but i let my ego and common sense to take over and i told her no, there is a trinkle(?) here, and i dont drink mouth to mouth ....

.......... :ghost: :ghost: :Wall:

now she got up and politely said goodbye, the minute she disappeared i realized she was the sign i called for and maybe my only chance in a few years to go out with a girl who actually fonded me and had the courage to hit on me while taking the chance that i could be a rapist or killer or anything.

i dont think it was a coincidence, too many things that didnt add up for me, and i'm sorry for myself that i missed such a big sign, and even more sorry that i turned down an effort of angels to my prayers :(

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

Hi King,
I think something inside you was yelling NO, NO, NO! Everything happens for a reason and maybe that reason is that she is some kind of a strange person and you'll be better off without her. Don't worry, the right job and woman will come into your life at the right time. Ya know the old saying "it rains when it pours?" Well, you'll probably get both within a month of eachother.
Good luck searching on both ends.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

well, i believe in luck and karma, i believe that sometimes we are lead by superior beings although we think we control our actions, i have a theory that spirits can send thoughts to our minds with telepathy or similar making us do things that are sometimes against our reasoning.

as you said, everything happens for a reason, coincidence is just our interpertation for things we can't explain otherwise.

i'm not that shocked of that girl, i'm more shocked by knowing my grandparents might have heard me, my head was saying "you're talking to air" but i still believed they heard me, i'm so glad to know that :weeee:

#4 robinrenee

robinrenee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:people in both this world and the next

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:08 PM

Kingo'mountain, when your grandparents guide to you a lady friend, you won't have any feelings of hesitation or concerns about safety. You were right not to drink after someone that you don't know. Also... who knows what was in the beverage.

Be on the lookout for the lady friend your grandparents will send to you, and I pray that you will find the job of your dreams soon.
The pale girl watched him cautiously when she asked, “Can aborted babies come back as ghosts?” Solomon smiled as he answered, “Yes, magnificent ones!”From a heartwarming ghost story, Solomon the Midwife: Appalachian Afterlifehttp://solomon-the-m...fe.blogspot.com

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

~King sweety...that wasn't something for you from your Grandparents. That person that sat next to you on the bench was a test. You passed the test by not taking her offering...she was not "in the cards" for you. This may sound ridiculous, old-fashioned, or whatever. But I'm telling you this after I read what you wrote...and that person you call an 'angel' wasn't the type of angel you really need......trust me.

And your Grandparents are listening to you. You remembering the times your Grandpa took you to the park is a reminder from him that when things don't look so good, go to the park. Those were one of his greatest memories of you & him & when something bothered him, he loved to take you there to get his mind off of things. Your Grandparents are awesome people & they're right there for you. Just hang in there...you actually did make a good choice. There was a reason why you didn't "open" up to this girl...you have to believe in yourself more than that. :weeee:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

well, she talked to me in some naunchalant way, a normal person thinking i'm dried up would walk near me and ask if i'm ok or would i like to drink something, considering i'm showing signs of dehydration which i didnt, i just sat there with the bike behind me.

a test you say? hmmm.... i never thought of that, i guess you're right, but its sure a weird situation to be tested in, right in the moment when i'm trying to be alone it happens, then it sure is a test :weeee:

its funny, when it happened i didn't really give it any thought, and shrugged it off as her being kind to me or as i stated before, her trying to hit on me..... weird how the world and afterworld works :hug:

#7 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

HI King,

You may also want to consider the very real possibility that this was not a message or a test or anything supernatural. it might have just been a random encounter, the type that takes place in the world millions of times every hour.

You may have reasons for feeling otherwise, but I do not see anything in you description of events taht indicates this was supernatural.

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#8 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

HI King,

You may also want to consider the very real possibility that this was not a message or a test or anything supernatural. it might have just been a random encounter, the type that takes place in the world millions of times every hour.

You may have reasons for feeling otherwise, but I do not see anything in you description of events taht indicates this was supernatural.

Regards, Canis

~There's absolutely nothing 'supernatural' here what so ever. And you could be right about this just being a random encounter.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

well, she talked to me in some naunchalant way, a normal person thinking i'm dried up would walk near me and ask if i'm ok or would i like to drink something, considering i'm showing signs of dehydration which i didnt, i just sat there with the bike behind me.

a test you say? hmmm.... i never thought of that, i guess you're right, but its sure a weird situation to be tested in, right in the moment when i'm trying to be alone it happens, then it sure is a test :)

its funny, when it happened i didn't really give it any thought, and shrugged it off as her being kind to me or as i stated before, her trying to hit on me..... weird how the world and afterworld works :P

Ya know, I actually never thought of it like that...just a regular person actually being nice. Not use to that and I apologize for insinuating that this was a bad sign...I tend to jump to conclusions too fast. As they say, you always learn something new everyday.

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

It all sounded cute and flirtatious until she offered you a drink of her beverage from her bottle..
That was creepy. I would have turned her down too, and as a female, I would never do that to a stranger.
Out of curiosity, I would head back to that park when you get the chance to see if anything else strange
happens.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#11 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

i never said its supernatural, thats why i even posted it here and not on the personal encounters forum, i just think the reasoning for her to just do that is not normal to me, if any person (guy or girl) comes to you offering something under no circumstances, wouldn't you be a little suspicious?

the fact that she came to me right after i asked my grandparents for a sign sure beats luck thats for sure, as we live in an era where meeting a selfless person can be considered a myth, is 1:1,000,000 at least, they are THAT rare.

i'm not declining it being a random encounter, i just think its a weird coincidence (there, i said it, found no other expression to describe this)

[edit] oh and ghostcat, i will, and i'll be sure to update you people if something else weird happens, if i had a video camera i'd upload a video even

Edited by kingo'mountain, 15 July 2009 - 08:02 PM.

#12 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

the fact that she came to me right after i asked my grandparents for a sign sure beats luck thats for sure, as we live in an era where meeting a selfless person can be considered a myth, is 1:1,000,000 at least, they are THAT rare.

Er...Are you really sure that's a selfless person, though? The first thing I thought of was a prostitute with a signal for meeting a client. I understand sometimes they have kind of code, where they'll say or do something a little out of the ordinary but not so bizarre anybody immediately figures out what's going on---and not all of them dress like streetwalkers in the movies. Maybe you just turned up where the guy was supposed to be, and then when you didn't give her the expected response she cleared off. ( Put like that, maybe you were even HER angel instead.)
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#13 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

nah, prostitutes work in certain areas far away from where i was at, its a quiet little place because its in "inner" small park that connects the builings around it. the street and road are nowhere in sight on all ends except for the buildings' driveways

prostitutes like to work where there are alot of people, and mostly work at night when there are no kids walking around, but here in israel there are orginized private facilities that take care of them and gives them a roof to sleep on considering most of them are runaways, drug addicts, abused&raped women.

she didn't have the face of a drug addict, and i'm sure that if i was her client, she would make sure i was really that guy before getting to buisness, but i can see how you thought that.

#14 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

Considering how rare you think a kind person is perhaps you should consider a few things;
1 - maybe we can no longer recognise one when they appear?
2 - maybe, since they have so little point of reference, they're not really sure what to do?

I've been in a few situations when I new someone near by was upset - either it was obvious, they were crying etc. or less obvious... but still clear. And I always find myself faced with the question - do I intrude and offer them help? Or do I leave them to it, and keep going?
Almost inevitably I'm not couragous enough to help, and I'm still not sure if that's right or not.

This girl sounds to me like she was fairly awkward - not sure how to act, but wanting to help... I could be wrong, I wasn't there... I know that if ever I did pluck up the courage in these situations, it's going to start off awkward, partly because people don't expect it, and people don't really know where you're going when you do something unexpected...

I'm not sure, but I think I'd prefer a world where people are willing to take that step and make a situation awkward for the sake of trying to help.

If you saw somone alone on a bench, in a deserted park, and you thought that they were upset - could you walk past? Would you? Should you?

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#15 kingo'mountain

kingo'mountain

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Considering how rare you think a kind person is perhaps you should consider a few things;
1 - maybe we can no longer recognise one when they appear?
2 - maybe, since they have so little point of reference, they're not really sure what to do?

ofcourse you can't recognise who's a kind person and who's not, i mean... only by walking past them on the street, i've hear of people who get impressions of people by body language, hanshakes, sometimes energies the person carries (auras), but never remotely of a person you see the first time, i doubt psychics are able to "read" living people like that, as our energies\emotions have far more presence when we break free from our bodies.

I've been in a few situations when I new someone near by was upset - either it was obvious, they were crying etc. or less obvious... but still clear. And I always find myself faced with the question - do I intrude and offer them help? Or do I leave them to it, and keep going?
Almost inevitably I'm not couragous enough to help, and I'm still not sure if that's right or not.

by a proffesional term you're called an empath, thats a wonderful gift and a curse just like being a sensitive, as for helping people, i dont know... i guess you should do it at your own discretion, if you feel you're doing the right thing, by all means do it, sometimes we are lead to people who need us, through everyday occurances, it automatically happens without you even thinking about it.

I know that if ever I did pluck up the courage in these situations, it's going to start off awkward, partly because people don't expect it, and people don't really know where you're going when you do something unexpected...

exactly my point, she had alot of courage sitting next to me knowing i might be a rapist or worse, i mean it's the perfect setup, nobody's around most of the times and its kinda secluded (apart from the buildings that surround the area), yet she didn't hesitate to talk to me, it was more awkward to me than her.

I'm not sure, but I think I'd prefer a world where people are willing to take that step and make a situation awkward for the sake of trying to help.

for the sake of humanity, me too, i'd love to help people if i had the means to do it, believe me i'd give homes to homeless people, money to people barely living on the little they have, i dream sometimes i have super powers so i cant get killed and i would then stop the wars, i'd do anything to make people happy, really.... but life has other plans for me as for everybody else....

people who need help rarely get any, even basic stuff like hospital care, clean homes (i've heard some people's houses are in such a bad shape, that even cockroaches wouldn't want to live there), and good child care.
yet people who have it all figured out and living in luxury cant move their behinds to help the needy.
i know both cases have exceptions, but sadly this is a wide ranged epidemic that is here to stay unless people realise that to make a better world doesn't mean only stopping wars and goverment issues, it means helping ourselves, treat others the same way you would like to be treated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users