Could I be a sensitive?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ajm9511

Ajm9511

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

I'm 19 years old and have been getting what I call "vibes" for the past 13 years. I got very sick when I was 6 and almost died; ever since then, I've had occasional feelings and experiences I can't explain. Different places and sometimes objects provoke these.

The earliest one happened when I was about 9. All my bedroom furniture was left to me by my great grandmother. I was standing in front of my dresser one night when a pencil jumped about six inches off it and dropped right next to my foot.

One summer, my family and I took a trip to Graceland. The cottage that Vernon used to live in (the one Elvis demolished and later had rebuilt) gave me feelings I couldn't explain. I got chills even though it was July and felt very unwelcome. I just backed up toward the door and left. While I was walking on the trail that leads to his grave, I heard a deep, velvety, unmistakable voice whisper in my ear: "Hey there, little darlin'." I knew it had to be The King himself because no one else was nearby and no one has ever called me "little darlin'" in my life.

The downright scariest experience I ever had happened when I was 17. I went on a school trip to New York City, where we did all the typical touristy things like Times Square. Our last full day in Manhattan, we went to Ground Zero at dusk.
As I stood on the observation deck looking into the crater where Tower 1 used to be, things started occurring. I remember gripping onto the fence with one hand and the railing with the other. I became rooted to the spot and couldn't release my grip on the fence or the rail. My heart was pounding, I was breathing heavily, and generally feeling immense terror and panic. I don't know how long I stayed that way. All I remember was a chaperone tapping me on the shoulder, which abruptly jerked me out of it.

I have never actually seen a spirit or had one try to communicate with me (except Elvis). In between the major events, there have been lots of little things. For example, I heard shuffling footsteps going up and down the stairs and hall at a friend's house one night when no one else was awake; my friend told me the next morning that her house is haunted by an old man who died there.

Most times, I do not feel frightened or threatened; if I get a feeling that someone or something doesn't want me in a certain place, I just leave.

I would also like to know if sensitivity can be passed on through generations. I believe my mother is a sensitive as well, but the idea makes her uncomfortable. Her childhood home was built on a Native American burial ground; she had terrible nightmares about Indians long before anyone told her what the house was sitting on. Other relatives further back on my mother's side have seen and felt various unexplainable things as well.

#2 Ajm9511

Ajm9511

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:34 AM

Sorry about the above essay, but I really want to try and figure myself out.

I don't know if this counts as "sensitive" or not, but I have weird and often accurate episodes of deja vu. The episodes vary in degrees of strength. My most vivid one occurred on the school trip to New York. I had never been there in my life, but I truly felt like I had. I could mostly navigate Manhattan without directions or even having to pull out a map. While walking down 5th Avenue with some friends, one of them started to turn down a side street.

"Don't go that way unless you wanna wind up in Little Italy," the words just came tumbling out of my mouth before I fully realized it.

Everybody immediately thought I had been to New York before even though I repeatedly told them I hadn't. Nobody understood why I couldn't explain how I knew my way around.

Another experience I forgot to mention above happened in St. Patrick's Cathedral. I felt an air of quiet desperation the moment I stepped inside, someone clinging on to fading hope. The cathedral is only a few blocks from Ground Zero. Could I have been experiencing the emotions of a rescue worker or someone else who came there seeking comfort during that horrible week in 2001 and never returned? In a trancelike state, I walked to a corner of the cathedral to light a candle and say a prayer. The sense of desperation left me almost immediately afterward.

#3 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

I don't know that I can offer specific advice, except to say that you are not alone in sensing these things. I am not an expert, but came to this sight for much the same reasons, though I'm rather an ancient 50. My first truly memorable experience was also at 9 in my bedroom with 'spirits' 'talking' to me and appearing off and on. Another thing which struck me from your post, was how beautifully articulate your story is - and for such a young person it is especially out-standing. Many posters cannot communicate their experiences as clearly as you have here - your description of St. Patrick's was enthralling. Perhaps you are an empath as much as anything else. I very often feel pain around me on an almost physical level (here of course, I mean psychic/emotional pain) and have a hard time not being completely drawn in by it. You will find many more experienced and wise folks here at this sight, but watch out for the occasional yahoo that can put a real fly in your ointment (I've fallen victim myself) - I'm sure you will get good advice from those wise souls here at GV.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#4 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

nice piece of info... I really don't know much about what a sensitive really is..but I do know my own experiences. I have had alot of visions that have come to pass... They were not in famous places.. I think these things can be heritary.. I come from a family where some members through each generation have experienced some realm with the unnatural in one fashion or another.
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#5 SUPAMEOM

SUPAMEOM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

my mom is very "sensitive" and i could probably walk past a ghost and not "see" I can however feel. Ie i feel our ghost kitty walking on my bed, my mom sees him walking on the bed.

Just my 2cents.
I will learn to let go what I cannot change I will learn to forgive what I cannot change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users