31 replies to this topic

#1 crystalplumage

crystalplumage

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

I am very interested in this line of "work",but how does one become
a demonologist ?
I do not think that most people claiming to have this title are clergy proper,or have a bonafid degree in it .
And as nutty as it sounds,I am interested in "fighting demons" .

Does anyone have any advice or anecdotes ?

#2 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Just out of curiosity, I have to ask you why? What's your motivation in this and have you had any experiences with demons already?

Are you motivated because of religious beliefs or because it sounds "cool"?

I'm not aware of any degrees in demonology at all unless it's from a religious institution. Religious universities usually have secular national accreditation for various types of degrees, but also special accreditation for religious studies or sometimes no accreditation for theological studies at all. Such a degree is only useful and recognized by certain churches and other religious institutions. So what a degree in demonology might be worth depends on where it would come from. Getting any type of degree in paranormal matters can be difficult. You're options are limited unless you're going for parapsychology and that's not even offered everywhere.

Ultimately a demonologist is just anyone who studies demons. The Catholic Church gives an official title of "Religious Demonologist," but it's usually reserved for clergy. It can some times be given to a non-clergy member who gets special training by the Church, but it's not really common from what I understand. I'm not Catholic but from what I understand they take demons very seriously and when dealing with them and cases of possession they need to evaluate and make sure the situation isn't just a mental condition. They don't do anything lightly. If you're Catholic, ask your priest about it but I'm guessing he'll talk you out of even getting into this.

You can always do a lot of research and study on your own too. The internet is a wonderful tool for finding information on any subject, but with something like this it's a lot of opinion, conjecture, and of course fraud and false stories. So you have to just take what you read with a grain of salt.

Edited by Shawn333, 25 July 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#3 crystalplumage

crystalplumage

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

Thank you.
I should have mentioned in my original post that I have had quite a lot of experiences with demons.This is part of why I feel the need to just do it formally.
There is nothing cool about it. Its dangerous life threatening work,but my feelings about this have grown to the point that I feel demon activity is responsible for a huge amount of human tragedy,and we are a whole,need to notice ,and if you can ,get actively involved.
I feel as if numerous catastrophic event are going to come to pass in the next few years.
I know people I can ask about this.Elders of various pagan religions,but I am not sure how they will feel about this.
I worry that my health (I have very bad asthma) might be an issue,but I almost feel this as a calling.
I suspect I have an affinity for it,as odd as that sounds.
So I wondered if anyone here knew more .

#4 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

I forgot to say, Welcome to the forums! Ghostvillage is a great community of people. I hope you enjoy your time here.

It doesn't sound that odd for you to feel that you have an affinity for it. Nothing ever sounds too odd on Ghostvillage. :clap: Maybe it is just a calling you have. Asking the Elders of those various Pagan religions you know, sounds like a good idea. And hopefully there are some more people around here that can give you some helpful information!

Good luck to you! I hope you find all of the info you're searching for and once again, welcome to Ghostvillage!

#5 MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

I Advise Caution.
Before you can even try this, You have to do a lot research to do on the matter and have very strong faith in christ and god.
demons can lie and mis led you. you must not listin to satan.
please just do some studying on it first do some research ok before trying confront demons.

Edited by MAG-TEMP Mel-8704, 26 July 2009 - 04:42 PM.

SPIRIT DECTIONPosted Image Posted Image

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

possibly contact someone who is a demonologist and get some advice. Some research on the net should pop up a few names.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 Morraeon

Morraeon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

possibly contact someone who is a demonologist and get some advice. Some research on the net should pop up a few names.

Searching the net is a good idea, but it pays to be savvy about it. There's lots of reliable sites put together by competent demonologists, but no doubt there's ones put together by some kid who watched "Supernatural" a few times too many and decided to make like the "Ghostfacers".

#8 MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Best to find sites by pros and not by teens, the pros have been though this many times and made websites about thier work is the best way to go.
never get advice from some kid or teen's buffed over tv or movie watch advice it's not pro.
and don't go opening portholes inviting the unknown just to get pratice I advise agaist it.

#9 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:29 PM

Have you ever seen a ghost?

#10 MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

Not yet , I'm only Novice Ghost hunter, So far I only found ghost activy around my nieghbor.

#11 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:13 AM

Hi CrystalPlummage,

I recommend reading books on spirit release therapy. Those I've found useful are:

- True Hauntings: Spirits with a Purpose by Hazel M. Denning
- Freeing the Captives: The Emerging Therapy of Treating Spirit Attachment by Louise Ireland-Frey and William J. Baldwin
- Spirit Releasement Therapy: A Technique Manual by William J. Baldwin and Edith Fiore
- Thirty Years Among the Dead by Carl A. Wickland

There are several others, but the ones I mention above deal with people possessed by entities. Granted, it does not directly go into demonology, but lots of times what are identified as evil demons are actually just scared people who've passed on but either don't know they're dead or do not want to move on to the other side for some reason. There are some references to possessions by dark force entities and how they are dealt with by the authors.

Amazon lists lots of books on demonology, too. Reading is fundamental to understanding what you're up against. The books may not have all of or the definitive answers, but you can learn from the experiences of others.

The Ghost Chronicles podcasts on GV, as well as the New England Ghost Project podcasts available on Toginet also talk about demons and demonologist sometimes. Even if you're not sure you'll agree with the people in the podcasts, it's good to listen to everything. Shamanism might be interesting to you, as it can teach you meditation and ritual techniques to use in protecting yourself.

The more you read and the more podcasts you listen to, the more names in the demonology field you'll hear about. If they are going to be at any events, show up and offer to take them out for a beer. Meet people and get your name out there.

Good luck and stay protected. Don't go into the jungle without the right size gun.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#12 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

In a word, one becomes a demonologist by extensive study and a very strong religious faith. Otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

It's not something anyone is going to learn by watching a video or reading a book or two. It takes extensive study. Consider when you get into that area you are dealing with satan and his minions. That's the same one who is known as the deceiver. And when it comes to deception he is second to none. And the demons learned from him. So if you are going to go into that realm you better be good enough to spot deception and lies from a master at it. When you are at that level in your understanding only then are you ready to begin to call yourself a demonologist.

#13 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Demonology has many twists and turns.
Many different cultures.
And many different religions.
Many different forms.
Many different personalities.
Many different kinds.
Many different ways to rid them.
Oh, but what do I know? I've just been doing nonstop studying, encountering ectect. I'm just the local village nutjob. :D
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#14 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

I guess to begin with a loot of reading about demons and things related to them. Learning moore languages, modern and ancient, being a world traveler, have money, being single will help, bummer dragging spouse and kids all over the world, love to read, and read, and read. Learn to publiish books, hence more money, become religious then abandon your religion, try yourself at summoning various demons, strive for the Devil, take something less.Do anything to be a famous "demonologist", suggest offering the soul of your first born if you can gain fame, riches, well know,the ultimate demonologist. :ghost: :clap: :clap:

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#15 MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

MAG-TEMP Mel-8704

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Just asking for trouble,not knowing your letting total KOAS happen.
I'm glad I'm novice ghost hunter, and yet I'm still studying on ghosts PU on demons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users