The after-life

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Gabby

Gabby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:writing, the occult, paranormal, film, television, past lives, spirituality, anthropology, religious studies, divination, I Ching, Astrology, coincidences, painting, literature

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

I believe in rebirth. I speculate that, you can be reborn while very old and that's why there is Alzheimer's. Perhaps it is the soul migrating or something?
"Science without the spirit is humanity without a conscience"Me“An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”Charles Dickens Gabzyreach me here: AOL

#17 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:17 PM

I believe in the Hall theory, you review the events of your life, the lessons you learned or were supposed to learn and then the soul is given the choice of returning to learn or moving on
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#18 singingcedar

singingcedar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Pre Christian Spirituality, Factual History.<br />I weave, sew, do leatherwork.<br />I am a classical flutist of 31 years. I also play irish whistle, native american flutes and recorder

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

I believe some people do carry "baggage' from past life, though some don't realize it. Some actually remember past life. There is Spirit, the life force that comes from our origin,GOD,Creator...there is soul, who we are as human beings our identify....there is mind this interprets what we perceive.The "mind" can be programmed with religion etc that helps in interpreting what we perceive. I think a soul reconciles itself to the spirit that gave it life and that spirit lives on with the knowledge of all the souls that it gave life to. When souls/ghosts of once living are still wandering the earth that soul chose not to reconcile with the spirit for whatever reasons.

#19 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:11 AM

An excellent point, Cedar, there are also other factors of course, a spouse, children
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#20 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:04 AM

I never used to put much stock in the notion of reincarnation or past lives, until I joined GV and started hearing stories from people here, and learning more about it.

But I like to think we have the choice whether or not we want to come back to earth, or just hang around in the afterlife in spirit form only.

#21 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Here is the link on GV for an example of reincarnations. Its mine and Greg's story. Maybe it will help others understnad and open up to it a little more.
It starts at the begining of my road trip with my daughter, but page two will begin the real journey.

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=28467
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#22 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

But I like to think we have the choice whether or not we want to come back to earth, or just hang around in the afterlife in spirit form only.

Tell you what, hun, after a half a century of this life, if I volunteered for this doo doo, I really need my chakras examined.

Edited by greg_dragonlvr, 22 September 2009 - 07:29 PM.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#23 Lumpino

Lumpino

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

I believe in reincarnation and in evolution. As is implied in Hindu philosophy .
People who acquire supernatural powers siddhis, could in next life be like supernatural beings, siddhas, vidjádharas, ....... Similar views had also antique mystery or alchemy.

#24 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:27 PM

Tell you what, hun, after a half a century of this life, if I volunteered for this doo doo, I really need my chakras examined.

LOL! Don't know how I missed seeing this until now, but thanks for making me almost spit coffee.

#25 J.E. Seanachaí

J.E. Seanachaí

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy writing, gardening, and, of course, sharing ghost stories.

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:56 AM

The life we have here is the real death.

I couldn't agree more! B)
J.E. SeanachaíAuthor of the ghostly book, Haunted Voices from My Past: True Narratives of an Ohio Family

#26 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

I started this post and it turned out competely different, more on the history and beliefs. I deleted most of it but what follows came out;

Reincarnationn is something I have been studying and working with lately.

I have been revisiting past lives in order to retrieve that part of me which I left in those lives, pieces of my soul that I need to bring back inside myself in order to make my soul "complete". To become whole. These lives deal with many issues that occur in this life. Such as, why do I have some fears of choking, burning in a fire and even why some people make me not want to be near them. I want all that I haven't dealt with to be released and be able to live THIS life without these fears or weaknesses. Those three things I mentioned I have seen and it no longer exists in this life.

Sometimes it is very hard to go back and review these lives and sometimes you cry like you have never cried before. There are hard lives to review and there are some very special lives that you review that make you understand where your personality comes from. Your likes, dislikes, your caring, why you have children, why you don't, why you have poor relationships, why you let people walk all over you, why you are defensive, why you want to help everyone, why you cry at even the smallest thing and much, much more.

This gives me an idea for a post and maybe it has been discussed before but that's ok. It will be interesting to say the least.
I am more than my physical body.

#27 Titanic

Titanic

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:paranormal<br />titanic<br />Movies<br />leonardo Dicaprio/johnny depp/kate Winslet

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

its funny that people are mentioning reincarnation, i do belive that its possible cuz honestly i really do feel as if i was someone else i dont know how to explain it.

im not sure about heaven or hell but i do know there is something after we die

#28 kurohime

kurohime

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

I can honestly say that i dont know what happens to the soul after death, because i've never died.
My personal belief is that when we die and have lived a fairly good life we have choice to be reborn or fade away to a place of comfort. (not heaven), And if we've lived a bad life we die and are forced to stay in a place where you live out your worst fears for all eternity.

#29 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

It wasn't until I had an out of body experience (many years ago) that I realized that we are more than just a physical body. I believe that when we die our spirit lives on. There is evidence of life after death and a better place that we go to. There is also compelling evidence of reincarnation, but I would like to think that we have the choice of returning here or not. There is no way I would choose to come back here! LOL

Some fascinating information can be found at this website.

"As an educational nonprofit 501©(3) organization, the International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) focuses most of its resources into providing the highest quality information available about NDE-related subjects. It is the only such membership group in the world."

http://www.iands.org/home.html
Posted Image

#30 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

We are souls experiencing a physcial life.
I am more than my physical body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users