tapping on the wall

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aurorafox1978

aurorafox1978

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

The house I live in is about 20 years old. Doesn't have any bad hisotry or anything but wierd things happen every now and then. The most common occurance is I see a dark shadow moving in the hallway. Always moving in the same direction. At first it was a short shadow agout 3 feet tall. I saw it once with all the lights on. Almost looked like static if that makes sense. And recently I saw a dark shadow moving along the ceiling down the hallway, but this time really fast.
I thought it might be an animal ghost because of the size and because this one night I felt something jump up on my bed by my feet lay down almost how a cat would .
But the thing that I can't make sense of is sometimes when I'm sleeping I'll hear a tap above my head. It wakes me up, but I'm certain that it is something tapping on the wall and it is above my head. I sort of thought that it might just be the house settling and the walls making a noise, like old houses do I guess. It's happened a lot. The other day I fell asleep on the couch watching t.v. and the kitchen countertop juts out a little over the couch (you have to be carefull you don't hit your head on it when it sit down). I woke up suddenly because I heard a loud tap on the countertop that was maybe a foot from my head. My heart was beating really hard for about a minute then I calmed down. So now I know that it's not just the walls.
I'm wondering if something is trying to wake me up? I don't know what to make of it. I guess someone might say that I could be dreaming the tapping, but it really doesn't seem like a dream.
If it really is a ghost trying to wake me up, does that mean that it is a mean ghost? Or just annoyed that I'm sleeping?

#2 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hi Aurora,

It may not be a ghost at all. Auditory halucinations are fairly common while sleeping. One extreme example is called "exploding head syndrome" LOL!

http://en.wikipedia....g_head_syndrome

Regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

Many years ago, my husband and I had his old 3/4 bed with 'iron' headboard and footboard. (it was actually hollow). Many was the night I would hear a tapping sound coming from inside the hollow top bar of the headboard. I was the only one who would hear it, it would start when I'd go to bed and read and I'd stop hearing it when I fell asleep.

Never knew exactly what it was, but when I brought it up to a friend of mine, she suggested that it was someone trying to get my attention.

Never figured it out, as a few months after that conversation, my husband went out and bought us a brand new double bed.

So while I can't say for sure what it is you are hearing, I've experienced something similar.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 aurorafox1978

aurorafox1978

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hi Aurora,

It may not be a ghost at all. Auditory halucinations are fairly common while sleeping. One extreme example is called "exploding head syndrome" LOL!

http://en.wikipedia....g_head_syndrome

Regards, Canis

That certainly could be an explanation for the tapping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users