Logging in each visit

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

As of late I have to log in with each visit. My username/password is not remembered. I checked my cookies settings and it's set to accept cookies but I still have to enter my info with every visit. GV is the only forum this is happening on. Is anyone else having this issue?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Did you put a checkmark in the box asking the forum to remember you? Last time this occured to me, it took me a bit to remember to check that box.

I have my moments, yes.....lol

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:24 PM

I have had the same issue, but when I attempted to log out to see if that tick box was available, I discovered I was forbidden to log myself out. I think the restrictions are a bit extreme...
Posted Image

#4 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Silvertongue, we have no restrictions regarding that....never have....they aren't even an option. First and only time I have ever heard of someone with problems logging out?

As for having to log in every time, not sure why you are having that problem Axman. The settings have not been changed. When did this start?

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

I have that sometimes just figured it was crapcast doing what it does best, beint craptastic.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:58 AM

Got to work this morning and when I came to this site I was signed out again. I had to click through login links twice to finally get to a screen with a tick box to remember me and it was checked, yet I was still logged out. Incidentally, I don't think it has to do with a browser because I use Internet Explorer here at work and Firefox at home and am always logged out of both places.

As for not being able to log out, I don't know what's going on there. All I can tell you is what came up on my computer screen. The same restriction I encountered when I tried to view comments on my profile. It said I was not allowed to sign-out.

Posted Image

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:56 AM

I can assure you that like Mrsspookypants pointed out, the issues you describe are NOT programmed into the forum. In otherwords, we do NOT forbid a member to log out, regardless of their status. Like she said, it's not an option at the administrative end, and we have absolutely NO reason to even want something like that.

With regards to your work computer, since you use Internet Explorer there, check a couple of things.

1. Is it set to accept cookies? Is it set to accept cookies from only certain sites? In order to remain logged in, cookies need to be set.

2. Some IE are set to delete history, cookies, etc, when you exit the program. I know that when I manually clear out my cache, I have to log back into every single forum in which I am a member, because clearing it out clears out cookies.

3. It may also be a network issue, depending on the overall settings the IT department has set up.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#8 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

For me it's only been for about the last week. I do check the "remember" box but it still loses my info. Today, however, I didn't have to log in. Maybe it's time to do a cache cleanup or something. I use Firefox here at home with Winblows 98.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:21 AM

Well I'm happy to report that as of this morning when I logged in here while at work, it showed me as still being logged in from the last time I was here. This is using IE though. Haven't tried logging in recently from home. Will try tonight or this weekend.
Posted Image

#10 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

No problems logging in or off. Maybe it's something in each indidual's computer that's causing all the mess up because otherwise we'd all be experiencing this.

#11 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

Balo....I think you hit the nail right on the head. This thread has been going for 3 days now and only two members have mentioned having a problem. If it was something that the site was doing, more people would be experiencing it.

Also, like I said previously, none of the settings have been changed recently.

Axman had the right idea with cleaning out his cache.

#12 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

Every morning that I come to the site, I see my name after the "Logged in as", but after glancing through a few forums and trying to reply, I'm asked to log in. It's been often. I've even upgraded to IE 8 and it happens. Cleaning the cache does not resolve the issue for me.

I also type a reply and then get an error page that offers to let me copy the text I just wrote so that I can resend the reply.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#13 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I've tried everything and I still have the issue. I guess I'll just live with it for now. It's only a minor inconvenience.

#14 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:53 AM

I've tried everything and I still have the issue. I guess I'll just live with it for now. It's only a minor inconvenience.

I agree. It's no big deal to log in or copy and resend a post. It doesn't happen constantly. This morning I stayed logged in.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#15 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

I still have the problem as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users