Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Help contacting, and basic rules of thumb.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 October

October

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

Well, I'm new here and have been quite interested in contacting the other world for many years now. I've been told many stories of what could go wrong, so I do understand a bit that I need to be careful when dealing with ghosts/spirits. So I have been warned. But I guess my rebellious sense of curiousity still always gets the better of me, and even if its just once, I would at least like to try having the experience of communicating with a spirit.

I understand that we may need protection of some sort? Now this I slightly get, but still would like a better understanding of. Apparently we call to those we know and love who would protect us from those that are evil spirits, right? If I'm wrong feel free to correct me in any way, for again I am new to this whole process. Well how would I call on a spirit for protection?

I suppose what I'm basically saying is what in general would I say to contact any kind of spirit at all? Is a ouiji board the easiest source of communication, or what other ways are there that I could use?

I thank anyone who is willing to help or give advice to me.

#2 meishi

meishi

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:13 PM

Hello October.

I'm no expert but I have had the same concerns in the past. I have learned that every individual is different, even though we all may have the same mindset (the interest in the paranormal per say) but not everyone believes in the same ways of doing things or the way things work.

So with that said I will try and give you some suggestion that was given to me years ago.

There are a good numbers of ways you can protect yourself. It is just up to you find which you are most comfortable with. You can try all until you find one that sets right with you.

If you believe in prayer you may want to say a prayer for protection and guidance before you begin. it is important that the prayer has meaning to you and that you feel comfortable using it.
St. Michael's Prayer is one of the more common prayers that is said.

Meditate or visualize on something positive.

Some people envisions themselves bathed in white light.

Some people believe that incircling themselves with salt keeps the bad away.

I myself stay from Ouija boards. I personally believe that they could be dangerous. I am the type that likes to observe and bear witness, but to to call something to me is not my thing. I would do a little research on this things before you decide if you want to use one.

Meditation, opening your mind, is a good way to connect with the otherside. There are number of books and other readings on meditation. Even if you don't use it for ghost hunting it's good for your soul.

Please don't attemp to call on spirts by yourself, at least until you know what you are doing. Always have a friend who has the same mindset as you with you, until you are comfortable with the outcomes may be.

Good luck to you and stay safe.

#3 October

October

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

Hello October.

I'm no expert but I have had the same concerns in the past. I have learned that every individual is different, even though we all may have the same mindset (the interest in the paranormal per say) but not everyone believes in the same ways of doing things or the way things work.

So with that said I will try and give you some suggestion that was given to me years ago.

There are a good numbers of ways you can protect yourself. It is just up to you find which you are most comfortable with. You can try all until you find one that sets right with you.

If you believe in prayer you may want to say a prayer for protection and guidance before you begin. it is important that the prayer has meaning to you and that you feel comfortable using it.
St. Michael's Prayer is one of the more common prayers that is said.

Meditate or visualize on something positive.

Some people envisions themselves bathed in white light.

Some people believe that incircling themselves with salt keeps the bad away.

I myself stay from Ouija boards. I personally believe that they could be dangerous. I am the type that likes to observe and bear witness, but to to call something to me is not my thing. I would do a little research on this things before you decide if you want to use one.

Meditation, opening your mind, is a good way to connect with the otherside. There are number of books and other readings on meditation. Even if you don't use it for ghost hunting it's good for your soul.

Please don't attemp to call on spirts by yourself, at least until you know what you are doing. Always have a friend who has the same mindset as you with you, until you are comfortable with the outcomes may be.

Good luck to you and stay safe.

Thank you very much for your help! I will definitely take into consideration what you have said and use it wisely.

#4 aprilmoonflower

aprilmoonflower

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

what if one is agnostic/atheist and doesn't believe in protection? Is that just asking for trouble?

#5 babalon1919

babalon1919

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:21 AM

the best way to be protected, whether one has spiritual beliefs of any certain sort or not, is to FEAR NOT

don't be afraid of the situation or events!
fear is your worst tormentor!

there is a saying that i believe is 100% true:

FEAR CREATES DANGER
(courage dispels it)

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. [Kahlil Gibran]

#6 Gabby

Gabby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:writing, the occult, paranormal, film, television, past lives, spirituality, anthropology, religious studies, divination, I Ching, Astrology, coincidences, painting, literature

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:45 AM

the best way to be protected, whether one has spiritual beliefs of any certain sort or not, is to FEAR NOT

don't be afraid of the situation or events!
fear is your worst tormentor!

there is a saying that i believe is 100% true:

FEAR CREATES DANGER
(courage dispels it)

Very true! Fear is what unnerves people. There is nothing to fear. Just be self-aware and know what you're dealing with as well.
"Science without the spirit is humanity without a conscience"Me“An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”Charles Dickens Gabzyreach me here: AOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users