• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hello Midnight, I haven't posted in some time, but I read your post and had to reply. Our stories sound so familiar. I lost my dad 5 yrs ago this month actually. He was a musician also, and a bad alcoholic. He died while working in another state, and I never got to say goodbye and was so angry with him for not calling while he was away working or letting me know that he was even sick. Like you, I have gotten several signs from him in the form of music. Special songs between me and him, and songs that he just loved in general. I still hear them, and they are not songs that are played on the radio very often, but yet, that's where I hear them. Anyway, I have tried communicating with him also. He apparently talks to my daughter, who is now 5, all the time. I have asked for signs also, in a different form other than music. I once asked him to leave some coins somewhere. I started finding pennies everywhere. As a joke one day, I asked him to at least leave a quarter or something, lol, and what do you know! The next morning on my way out the door, I found a quarter right in front of the door. What was strange, is that it was a quarter with the year of my birth on it! Coincidence? Maybe. Either way, it was amazing to me. As far as you wanting to communicate with him, talking to a psychic or medium isn't a bad idea. I know you mentioned doing that. Someone very close to me, that happens to be a medium, helped me so much. I was told things that no one could have possibly known, not even him, and he helped deliver some great messages from my dad, and I now feel better and comforted knowing that my dad is around me whenever he can. Maybe your dad is just telling you and showing you that he loves you and that he "is" in fact around you and watching over you. Sorry to go into my story here, but I thought it might help you. I think contacting a medium is a great idea. You can even find some right here on this forum that are great. Let me know if you decide to do that or would like some help finding one. I would be happy to help you. Your story is close to my heart! Good luck!

#17 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

yld1009, I LOVED your story!!! Thank you sooo much for telling. It makes me think that maybe I'm not as crazy as I think I am!!! My dad will be gone 3 years in October. The songs are the same with me also, they are never songs that get played harldy at all. AND he will talk to my son if he will listen. Now 12 he has learnes to tune most of it out but, when he was young, I was told he was an Indigo Child and a sensitive. I would absolutely love your help to find a medium/psychic and yes one that is on the site would be great. I would be honored for you to help me. The not having closure thing is still haunting me every single day that I wake. Your story is close to my heart and I would do anything I could to help you, if you needed something!!! :yawn:
Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

#18 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:41 PM

The world works in mysterious ways and things come and go if and when they are needed. Now remember, this is just my opinion. It is very possible that your dad is trying to let you know something through the things you mentioned or it could be your mindset on these things and making them happen, there is a name for that, but I don't know what it is. Anyway, I believe that if any type of meaningful or good communication is to come, it won't come of physics, mediums,etc.(some tell you what you want to hear); I believe it will come through a dream and in it doing so it will have a much stronger hold and more meaningful meaning.

Edited by simman, 08 September 2009 - 09:42 PM.

simman

#19 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

simman, thanks for the reply. He did come in a dream night before last and he was crying. I think he was hurt or in pain (emotionally) but I' not sure-the whole dream other than that was very confusing.

#20 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

simman, thanks for the reply. He did come in a dream night before last and he was crying. I think he was hurt or in pain (emotionally) but I' not sure-the whole dream other than that was very confusing.

It's a work in progress, but it will happen more then once and in more detail and memory. I don't want to open old wounds or say something I shouldn't so I will leave it at that. This is just my opinion on things. Things have a way of working themselves out and I feel this is what will happen in this situation.
simman

#21 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

yld1009, I LOVED your story!!! Thank you sooo much for telling. It makes me think that maybe I'm not as crazy as I think I am!!! My dad will be gone 3 years in October. The songs are the same with me also, they are never songs that get played harldy at all. AND he will talk to my son if he will listen. Now 12 he has learnes to tune most of it out but, when he was young, I was told he was an Indigo Child and a sensitive. I would absolutely love your help to find a medium/psychic and yes one that is on the site would be great. I would be honored for you to help me. The not having closure thing is still haunting me every single day that I wake. Your story is close to my heart and I would do anything I could to help you, if you needed something!!! :lol:

Midnight, I will send you a pm with my email address. Contact me anytime, I would love to help you find a medium to talk to. I think it might help give you a lot of closure. It sure helped me.

#22 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

I also agree with the dreams, but if you find a reputable medium, they won't just tell you what you want to hear. I know some very good ones. Definitely pay attention to your dreams, they do tell you a lot. As for me personally, talking with a medium helped me so much and they can tell you things to do that might help you communicate with your dad more. Just be open-minded to it, and it will all come in time. I couldn't send you a PM. If there is a way to get in touch with you, just let me know. I would be glad to talk with you and help you out any way that I can.

#23 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

I am desperately trying to get to 30 posts so I can talk privately to some people. yld1009-I would love to talk to you more indepth about certain things. I had a notebook by my bed to journal and write dreams down, and I promise it will be on my nightstand tonight!!! Hopefully I'll have something to tell you tomorrow. :lol: I'll see you on the boards tomorrow. Totally exhausting day. Good Night.

#24 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:49 AM

I did always tell everyone that my dad was closer to me than my own skin. I do recognize that everyone,living or dead, has free will. It has taken me a long time to accept that my fathers wife didn't kill him by buying him alcohol. My dad was an alcoholic and he was the only one killing himself with the booze. No one was pouring it down his throat exept him. I know about the 5 stages of grief and whatever one deals with being BAD_WORD off is the one I'm in. Even typing this right now is very difficult because my hands are shaking so bad!!! I really believe that I need to do some soul searching to figure out how to handle this. In October will be 3 years since he passed and I need some help trying to figure out what I can do to make that day alittle easier.

Oh sweetheart..my mom died the exact same way about 30 yrs ago now (wow)...alcohol /pills though. For years I would see her through visitations in a "dream state" she was never smiling..never looked at me and was always so so sad. That has been hell to be part of cause all I wanted was for her to acknowledge me. Les eventually aided in us being able to get proper communiation going between us- it turns out she had to feel I have forgiven her for leaving...in my heart I hadn't let go-I am not saying this is the case with your dad-it doesn't sound like it. your dad is watching you very closely and everything will slowly make itself clear-it isn't always a fast process-I know your frustration, but be patient and it seems like you are noticing the small signs that he is trying to send-like the songs! Very cool and it seems like he is "ok" too.
With Love oh and your dad loves you so much and now I know my mommy loves me so much too! :lol:
Kristy
Always know you can PM me ok?

#25 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 10:26 AM

Kristy, thank you so much. Every little bit that I am learning and every wonderful post has really helped. It's so nice to know that when it is a sad day for me and I need to talk or just listen, you guys are here-no judgement. That is why I must ask for help once again. Please read the new topic I will start today, shortly, and I am looking forward to reading any and all posts, because I know that there are many good people on this site who can help. It will be under spirit communication and will be titled "Mary Rose."

#26 jlb1983

jlb1983

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

I lost my dad on October 24, 2008. He shot himself with a rifle on our property. He was an alcoholic. Like yourself, I felt closer to him than my own skin. He was my best friend and confidante. He wasn't a musician, but appriciated music. Yes, I did get to attend his service and scatter his ashes. But honestly, it didn't really feel like closure. The reality is that I spoke to him and saw him Oct. 23rd in the evening hours. Our last words were "See ya later". Next thing I know he's dead in the woods and I never got to see him again. The funeral home director advised our family that it wouldn't be a good idea, considering the fact he didn't have a face anymore. I always long to see him or talk to him again. I think I did see him one time last November from a distance...he was angry and feverishly chopping wood on the edge of the treeline. This was the day after I had been in a horrible fight with my soon-to-be ex-husband the night before, in which he had beaten me. But I wasn't able to accept what I saw then and still don't think I really can now. No matter how much I want to really see him or speak to him, I really don't think I could handle it if it were to actually happen. So let's move on...I began hearing "coincidental" songs about 2 weeks after he died. The first experience was very strong and moving. I was asking myself in my head if my dad were a ghost now and wondering if he could contact us in anyway. I walked in my parents' house. Everyone else was outside. My deceased grandmother's radio was playing (we never turn that thing on). Just then a new song started - the "Ghostbusters" theme song. My dad used to always sing that to me and my brother when we were kids...being funny. And then I realized this...when does the radio ever play that song?! Every song that came on for the next long while seemed to be him. I found it comforting. But yes, everytime I'm thinking about him or even some other problem that I'd talk to him about - I can always find a song that's "his voice" on the radio. I think he knows that this is the medium in which he can speak to me without freaking me out...because he would never want to scare me. I'm now living in my parents' house again and I see glimpses of blue or gray flash by out of the corner of my eye...the same colors of his work uniform that he always wore. The same colors he was wearing when he died. Maybe he's testing me now...who knows. Maybe I'm just seeing things because I want to in some way. I know that this house and this land is filled with his spirit. I can just feel it. But when it comes to seeing him or talking to him, I just don't know. I don't trust that what I may see or hear is real. But yea, the radio is definitely a powerful tool for spirits to contact loved ones...and it's not attached to any certain location. I was in another state for 10 months and the radio was my best friend. Sorry guys that this was soooo long!

#27 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hi Midnight, how are things going now? I just feel that he was watching over you, and made it known thru songs, and actually seeing his spirit, I think its wonderful and try and feel comforted by that. You cannot keep him earthbound, that is his choice and eventually once everyone accepts his death, including him, I believe he will move on.

#28 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:11 PM

I'm doing ok now...thank you. I don't know if it was just that particular time or if he had something to say and I finally got it. Maybe he was just trying to tell me he was still around and the only way to talk to me was through the music. I mean, that was our strongest connection in life...so why not in death??? Besides, I had to pull my middle son out of school so I started to home school him, which basically means I never get to come here anymore! :( I will try to come back a little more often. Thanks for still being concerned!!! :wow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users