Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Movie Remakes

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

Trailer for the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street

Trailer
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#47 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:03 PM

Sorry...I think I like the look and sound of Robert Englund as Freddy better. I guess we will have to wait for a better look at Freddy to make sure.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#48 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

the Wolf Man is coming out in Feb 2010. You can find previews of it on youtube. I don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not. The previews look cool but I love the old one and don't know if you can really replace Lon Chaney, Jr.. as Larry Talbot. But i hope this one is good.

#49 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

I would personally like to see film makers take an old movie and add a chapter to the story rather than a remake. Maybe like a sequel but with a new twist on the original.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#50 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:59 PM

Just noticed a movie on SyFy last night titled "I Am Omega". Yes, it is another adaptation of Richard Matheson's novel "I Am Legend".

That Makes 4 movies based on the novel.

The Last man On Earth (1964)
The Omega Man (1971)
I Am Legend (2007)
I Am Omega (2007)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#51 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:42 AM

Another remake coming out in the next week or two...The Stepfather.
I loved the original and the second one. I hope this one is as good.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Creature From the Black Lagoon (2011)

That should be interesting and probably overly CGI'd to death.

Also remaking/releasing Dorian Gray *The Picture of Dorian Gray* very soon. It's probably one of my all time favourite books so I pray its good.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#53 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Creature From the Black Lagoon (2011)

That should be interesting and probably overly CGI'd to death.

I loved the original "Creature" for the simple reason that they didn't show the monster until it was ready to be shown. Even then, they limited the exposure.

#54 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Well...here are 2 more remakes coming out.

The Crazies
and
Escape From New York
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

~Rant On~
I have to say I am pretty upset about the whole idea of the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, I mean yeah they can do better with a movie like that with the new technology but I really think it is going to be crap,
#1 Wes Cravin has nothing to do with this movie, he was even quoted saying he was upset by the fact that Michael Bay didn't use him for an adviser or anything.
#2 this makes the first time that Robert Englund hasn't played Freddy and the actor who is replacing him is the same guy who played Rorshak(sp?) on Wathcmen.
#3 They changed the make-up style to give Freddy more of a "natural burn victim" look.
#4 Michael Bay and his crew have said that they are removing the Joking nature from the Freddy character because they feel that it takes away from the horror movie aspect if he cracks jokes while trying to kill the kids. Who do they think they are to re-write a classic characters peronality? That would be like saying that you are pretty sure that Dracula would have fed on fat old men rather than young firghtened women...I mean really.
#5.....Michael Bay...am I the only one that saw the crap job him and his crew did when they remade Friday the 13th? Now I have to live them desicrating another classic? What idiots make the descisons to keep letting this moron make movies? (No I wasn't a big fan of Transformers either) Last House on the Left (Another Wes Cravin film) was also redone by the same guys, but it was ok. The difference? Wes Cravin was involved in the production of that film, they asked for his help to get it right.
~Rant off~

#56 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

Oh and lets not forget that this is the Director, Samuel Bayer's first time directing anything except for music videos and a 25 minute short film Called Max. It just doesn't seem to me to be a winning combination.

#57 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

There's the Alice in Wonderland movie due out soon. Is this a remake of an earlier Alice or did they add something to it? I'll see it just for Johnny Depp.

#58 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

Another remake coming out in the next week or two...The Stepfather.
I loved the original and the second one. I hope this one is as good.

I watched that! I've never seen the original so can't compare... But I did like the 2009 version. So creepy that it's based on a real story...
Love life.

#59 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

There's the Alice in Wonderland movie due out soon. Is this a remake of an earlier Alice or did they add something to it? I'll see it just for Johnny Depp.

It's about Alice going back to wonderland when she's a young adult.
I really, really want to see it... It's 108 mins (typically mom won't take me for a movie that's longer than 90 mins b/c the whole having to be still thing drops my bp and I go out) and mom said if I clean my room (psh) she'll take me... Do you think if I just try to throw everything in the closet she'll look?
Love life.

#60 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,369 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

I just saw the New ELM STREET remake. I didn't mind the story but the new Freddy was terrible. He was totally the wrong choice for the roll.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users