Hi everyone, just wondering...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 asnavely

asnavely

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi everyone. I found this site while searching the web for info that might ease my mind. It looks great and everyone seems so open minded and nice so I joined.
Like a lot of people, while growing up I had the experiences of seeing things from the corners of my eye just to find nothing there when I would actually look, hearing things in the house when totally alone, getting chills that would raise the hair on my arms on a hot summer day when passing through a room (and no windows open or fans or air conditioners on). But now for the last couple years it has progressed. Now I get very strong aromas coming to me (fresh hot brownies when no one is baking, fresh roses in the middle of winter, pipe tobacco when no one in the house smokes a pipe, etc.). These aromas last for about 30 seconds and then are gone - completely. I can handle that part, but what has really been bugging me is going to a place that has a history to it and it coming alive in my minds eye. For example: yesterday we went to the Killdeer Battlefield Historic Site here in North Dakota. It is a place of tragity as US forces attacked a peaceful encampment of Native Americans on the banks of a lake. As I stood there and looked about me at the lake and fields, in my minds eye I could see the people (men, women and children) peacefully enjoying life and then all of a sudden they were running and screaming as gunshots and cannon fire rained down on them. It was as if I was actually there when it happened. I felt their fear, their anguish, their desparation so intensely that I found tears running down my own face. And then it was gone and I was once again looking at barren fields.
Has anyone else ever experienced this sort of thing? And can you tell me what it is that's happening when things like this happen? Is there a term for it? Or am I just going crazy?
Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 Haunting Research

Haunting Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations of course! I am also a scuba diver and love to go fishing and four wheeling!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

As far as seeing things out the corner of your eye goes, that is very common and one very plausible explanation for it is that we have more rods to the outer part of the eye and more cones to the center. Rods see closer to the infrared spectrum than cones do so we see ghosts from the corner of our eye and when we turn to look directly at them, they disappear. The infrared spectrum is the best thing that we have found to collect evidence of ghosts so far anyway.

As for seeing ghosts, you may very well have psychic ability. That could be the reason and you may want to learn control of that but don't be fearful of it and no, I don't think you are going crazy. Some people are just more gifted then others!
Posted Image

#3 asnavely

asnavely

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

As far as seeing things out the corner of your eye goes, that is very common and one very plausible explanation for it is that we have more rods to the outer part of the eye and more cones to the center. Rods see closer to the infrared spectrum than cones do so we see ghosts from the corner of our eye and when we turn to look directly at them, they disappear. The infrared spectrum is the best thing that we have found to collect evidence of ghosts so far anyway.

As for seeing ghosts, you may very well have psychic ability. That could be the reason and you may want to learn control of that but don't be fearful of it and no, I don't think you are going crazy. Some people are just more gifted then others!

Thank you for your reply and imput. :Wall:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users