Does this sound malicious?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Marist

Marist

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hello all. I am new here and I joined to seek others opinions about what may or may not be happening to my niece. Here is the gist of the matter:

My niece has been bothered lately by a "spirit" who seems to want her attention. She is 19 years old and very freaked out by these occurrences. In the first instance she was awoken from a sound sleep by someone whispering in her ear, she could actually feel the breath, although she could not make out the words. She was also alone in the house at the time.

In the second instance she woke from sleep to find that her emerald cross pendant had been removed from her chain and placed under the bed. The chain was still around her neck, the clasp was not broken or damaged and the cross pendant also was not loose or broken. There should have been no way the two could separate from each other.

Both of these happenings took place at two different locations so I would assume the "spirit" is attached to my niece. She is very level headed and not the type to make up stories for attention. She also has a great respect for the paranormal although anything ghost-like scares her.

The cross thing really bothers me. As the resident paranormal follower in the family she is looking to me for guidance and I don't know what to tell her. I also don't want to alarm her by the negative vibes this last episode gives me.

Any opinions?

Thanks for your time!

#2 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

Not necessarily malicious. It could be that the cross pendant reminds the spirit of a treasured item they had in life. If the phenomena takes a darker turn (dark shadows, voices, physical harm), that's when I'd start worrying.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#3 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Not malicious - nor attached to your neice. It may be a DLO - Deceased Love One just visiting. By taking the cross whom ever it is may be saying, "hello, I am here." Some put up boundries for such visitors - house rules, no taking your things, no bothering you when your asleep, things like that. Be firm. Some spirits are pranksters but may have manners and respect you.

The spirits that came around in my old home were at times bothersome and I told them to stop taking my things, to leave my son alone and not to make such a racket at night. I also told them if they didn-t like my rules they didn't have to stay ! lol usually worked too.

#4 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

I meant to add that being afraid heightens it more, spirits sense the fear, some play along with it, they enjoy getting a raise out of the living ! Most spirits are either neutral or what I call friendly. The neutral ones couldn't care less about you and have nothing to do with you. The friendly ones are or could be there to help you. They are the ones that will interact with you. Not the neutral spirits.

#5 space ghost

space ghost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Something I have noticed over the years of dealing with the paranormal is that as long as the spirits are not invited in, they wont stick around. With occurences like this, I tend to believe there maybe something left out. Did she at any point try to commune with spirits before things started happening?

#6 Marist

Marist

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

My niece won't have anything to do with contacting spirits, seances, ouija boards or anything of that sort. She won't even watch a scary movie!

The past week has been very uneventful for her - no bad dreams or odd happening. Maybe this was the start and the end of it.

But thanks to everyone who replied. :)

:ghost: :weeee: :ghost:

#7 Haunting Research

Haunting Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations of course! I am also a scuba diver and love to go fishing and four wheeling!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:26 AM

This is a ghost that wants to comminicate, the way that I see it there are two paths she can take right now, she can either communicate and find out what the ghosts wants to tell her or she can continue to ignore the "requests" communication and they will become more frequent and most likely more obvious until she does communicate in some fashion.

I recommend that the two of you sit down with a tape recorder and just try talking to the ghosts. Ask questions about the cross and the words spoken and try to find out who did this and why. Try to get alll of the answers that you can. Quite frequently when you do this, a ghost just has a message and then will leave you alone after that. Also, she can try telling them to leave her alone and not to bother her while she is sleeping. This may work but I kind of doubt it as this seems to be the time that she is most open and they know that.
Posted Image

#8 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

Haunting: Frequently, I am forced to 'ignore' ghosts or spirit beings for the sake of my own sanity. Often times, when I ignore them, they will move on to a human who is more willing or able to listen to them. Or at least they move on, at any rate.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#9 Jamieayla

Jamieayla

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

I agree with elfay. A firm, but friendly direct approach tends to work best.

#10 G_Thao

G_Thao

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:37 AM

I've been around many people who had experience this. Like one of the member said, if no angry voice or physical harm she shouldn't be scared. A personal friend of mine have a girl ghost following him, his wife and kids know about it and had seen it. It hasn't cost harm to anyone, and he know he had it for a while since he was young. So now its just a normal thing to him.

#11 Bodhiboy

Bodhiboy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:24 AM

Perhaps burn a little sage and tobacco in the places that this is happening. In my experience that purifies any negative energy, and invites only positive interaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users