Not another demon thread!!!??

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:17 AM

Aside from the semantics of the question, I discount 'demons' on a belief level. With the potential for ppl like Hitler and Pol Pot becoming haunts, who needs supernatural entities? These human spooks would more than fill the bill for unclean spirits.

There is a need for the belief that the yin and yang thing refers to good and evil. On a cosmic scale, our subjective definitions for right and wrong is too small to really define a supernatural order. Any creature of this sort, potentially eternal, would have such a different pov that it would be impossible to even guess at motivation.

And when the Creator was working on developing the christians, She wisely coached it in terms that are accessible to the human mind. If and when we evolve, I guess we will get the next lesson on how the universe really works.

So, if we keep demon as an adjective, that would be just peachy. I am acquainted with many demon machines and a few demon pets...

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#47 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:18 AM

Aside from the semantics of the question, I discount 'demons' on a belief level. With the potential for ppl like Hitler and Pol Pot becoming haunts, who needs supernatural entities? These human spooks would more than fill the bill for unclean spirits.

There is a need for the belief that the yin and yang thing refers to good and evil. On a cosmic scale, our subjective definitions for right and wrong is too small to really define a supernatural order. Any creature of this sort, potentially eternal, would have such a different pov that it would be impossible to even guess at motivation.

And when the Creator was working on developing the christians, She wisely coached it in terms that are accessible to the human mind. If and when we evolve, I guess we will get the next lesson on how the universe really works.

So, if we keep demon as an adjective, that would be just peachy. I am acquainted with many demon machines and a few demon pets...

Can't Fall Off the Floor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users