1st ghost hunting expedition

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Well, my husband just bought me my 1st dvr so I took it and my digital camera on my 1st ghost hunting trip. I searched for a place to go and just try everything out and came up empty. So, I headed to a nearby cemetery for alittle experiment. What did I come up with????? Absolutely nothing!!! Things I learned- Don't try to take evp's with a race track and fireworks going off in the distance, Don't pick a place close to a busy road, And under NO circumstance take your 10 & 12 year old sons who can't keep quiet!!! Oh well, practice makes perfect I guess. I know that probably 99 out of 100 times I go out I won't catch anything but, I'll keep trying. If I do happen to catch anything I'll be sure to share. 1 question- does anyone know of any websites that I could check for places in my area to go? I am taking a paranormal 101 class in October and I am just trying to get my feet wet and learn to work the equipment so I don't look like an idiot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

First of all, you are right, most times you will come up with nothing. I have been on many investigations and most are exactly that, empty. I average activity about 20% of the time. Otherwise, i would suggest you contact a nearby group and see if you might join them for an evening. Most groups will welcome new people interested in learning, and they don't charge for it either. (I do as well, but I see you are on the opposite side of the state from me!) You may want to check out Fort Miflin on Sept 5. they are having a miniconference there, and it is not that far from Philadelphia. just gogle "fort Miflin" for info, i don't have it up right now but i saw an ad for it.

#3 grimshawl

grimshawl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:all things paranormal, cemetery photography, odd and forgotten history and locations, fishing, reading, gaming.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:36 AM

good luck, hopefully you will find a good group to go with or at least get some tips on good places in your area.
Still full of Wonder at the Worlds Workings, looking for some of the ansers and most of the questions. Lost and Found Ohio

#4 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

It's good to see you learning and accepting the low probability that you will indeed catch something. :Wall: I'm sure if you look on Google you'll find other places to visit. I agree with CaveRat about finding a local (or semi-local) group to investigate with, but also be aware that you might very well be rejected. None of them seem to be keen on newbies joining them; they conveniently forget that they were newbies once, too. Good luck in your future endeavours. :)
Posted Image

#5 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for all of the advice. The class I am attending does officially make you a member of the group after attending and we do go on an investigation that night. It's the Central Pa Paranormal Research Association. Another question-if I would happen to catch something, who should I show it to? I don't want to just start posting things and look like an idiot. I definately take this seriously and am just trying to learn.
Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

#6 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:21 PM

If you join that group, they may only want captures posted on their website. You'll have to ask them what their policy is. But if you're on your own at a location, you're free to share anything with us here. :wow: Your best bet, in that case, might be to sign up for an account at Photobucket.com where you can store the photos and link here.
Posted Image

#7 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

LOL. I have only tried to capture EVP once, and it was a little scary what I picked up. :headbang:

And it's funny that you took your 10 and 12 year old boys...ROFL. The day a preteen boy can be quiet and stay still for more then ten seconds is the day I'll give 50 bucks to George W. Bush. :wow:
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#8 afterlife

afterlife

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, playing guitar, music, &amp; the most Important FAMILY!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

Try looking up this web page www.theshadowlands.net This site list all kinds of haunted places by state, maybe you can find something near you. But be carefull & get permission befor entering any location HAPPY HUNTING! :)

#9 PJay

PJay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, art, reading, collecting gargoyles.

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:19 AM

You're way better off going out with other adults. No one under 18 can come on any of my investigations. Kids want to be kids. Even 18 year olds act like young kids, quite often. But if you tell enough people that you're interested in investigating, eventually you will probably find someone you know who will go with you. In the mean time, this forum, and others that are full of serious investigators will help you, no matter what you ask.

#10 bbabin5

bbabin5

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

Well, my husband just bought me my 1st dvr so I took it and my digital camera on my 1st ghost hunting trip. I searched for a place to go and just try everything out and came up empty. So, I headed to a nearby cemetery for alittle experiment. What did I come up with????? Absolutely nothing!!! Things I learned- Don't try to take evp's with a race track and fireworks going off in the distance, Don't pick a place close to a busy road, And under NO circumstance take your 10 & 12 year old sons who can't keep quiet!!! Oh well, practice makes perfect I guess. I know that probably 99 out of 100 times I go out I won't catch anything but, I'll keep trying. If I do happen to catch anything I'll be sure to share. 1 question- does anyone know of any websites that I could check for places in my area to go? I am taking a paranormal 101 class in October and I am just trying to get my feet wet and learn to work the equipment so I don't look like an idiot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

#11 bbabin5

bbabin5

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

So have you statrted the class? Is there a haunting to investigate in the course?
Brett

#12 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Unfortunetely I've never been on a ghost hunt before and it will be long before I can, although, from reading books and watching tv shows I know that you have to be prepared to be disappointed sometimes. I'm sure you were thrilled and couldn't wait to catch something, but sometimes you get let down.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users