114 replies to this topic

#46 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 05:36 AM

ScaredtoDeath,
You are more that welcome to post your views on the Urban Legends board.However at no time will vulgar language or disrespecting other members will be tolerated at Ghost Village.

secretsign

Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#47 Scared2Death

Scared2Death

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 03:09 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

And since you don't have anything nice to say, and you were given a warning, you have now been banned from the site.  Thought that I would add this here just in case you don't get my email.

#48 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:41 AM

All right, does the Chupacabra got to do anything with the Vampire mythology?
Posted Image

#49 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 12 March 2005 - 11:46 AM

I'm not sure that it does actually Moon, even though it seems to share some characteristics of the Vampire. But the vampire, insofar as my own research has indicated, is invariably a resurected human corpse, possessed/controlled by a demon that requires blood to live. The Chupacabra appears to be an animal/alien hybrid or an experiement gone wrong.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#50 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 12 March 2005 - 06:31 PM

If there have been sightings of the Chupacabra (or some other ordinary animal that people think is the Chupacabra when they see it) for 1000 years as Azazel says, then that would seem to do away with the "Government Experiment" theory. I do think said theory has a lot to do with why more people see Chup these days, though. The X-Files and Area 51 are very much in the popular consciousness, and space aliens and their hybrids are essentially the "monsters of choice" these days. Because of the creature's reported appearance, Chup gets lumped in with the aliens now, where that wouldn't have been the case in the past.

I'm with the peron who says it's the "new bigfoot". Being the skeptic that I am, I think most sightings (though perhaps not all, as there's certainly no way to prove one way or the other) are boring ordinary animals. Scary animals, no doubt, but still ordinary. Since observing conditions are often less than perfect when these sightings take place, it's not unreasonable to think that the mind might fill in some of the details as the observer wisely high tails it out of there without getting a really good look. If I ran across a big, hairy, ferocious looking animal while traipsing around in the woods I know I sure as heck wouldn't mess around trying to get a good look at it.

Bigfoot and the Yeti were pretty much at their height of popularity in the seventies. Bigfoot was even a star on two TV shows (several episodes of 'The Six Million Dollar Man' and of course who can forget the Saturday morning favorite 'Bigfoot and Wild Boy'). There were also a number of movies, both "documentary" and completely fictional. By contrast, most alien encounters that had been reported up til then were simply people seeing spacecraft. Up close meetings with aliens were starting to gain in popularity towards the end of the decade, but regardless Chup was still not much of a player outside of his rural stomping grounds and hadn't been adopted by the UFO crowd yet. So when the average person ran across a big hairy beastie that he or she could not identify, they saw it as Bigfoot.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#51 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 10:25 PM

the scifi channel made a movie called "chupacabra on the high seas" or something to that effect. they had a promo page up and everything, but didnt mention a release date, but considering its a scifi made movie, im sure it will be less than impressive.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#52 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

the scifi channel made a movie called "chupacabra on the high seas" or something to that effect. they had a promo page up and everything, but didnt mention a release date, but considering its a scifi made movie, im sure it will be less than impressive.

Considering they're putting the Chupacabra "on the high seas" it doesn't bode too well, either. What's next, Chupacabra's Vegas Vacation?
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#53 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:19 AM

in the spirit of jason, critters, and leprechaun, its "chupacabra in space"
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#54 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 March 2005 - 02:56 AM

Moon,

The corpses I saw in Indaiatuba (São Paulo state, Brazil) had two circular holes in the neck. There wasn't any sign of blood on the ground nor in the fur. The holes were too big for the local vampire bats.

Almost all eye witnesses put the chupacabra at 5 feet tall covered in fur tinted green (as if algae were growing on it). The chupacabra is said to have huge eyes and a mane like a horse. This creature is bipodal and has long sharp claws on its hands.

As you know, I was in Brazil as a missionary. As such, I would walk from house to house, clapping in front of each door (knocking is rude). During this time of turmoil, men would yell through the door asking if I could prove I wasn't the chupacabra in disguise ("Como posso saber que você não é o chupacabras disfarçado?). The sad (scary?) thing is that these men were dead serious.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#55 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

As you know, I was in Brazil as a missionary. As such, I would walk from house to house, clapping in front of each door (knocking is rude). During this time of turmoil, men would yell through the door asking if I could prove I wasn't the chupacabra in disguise ("Como posso saber que você não é o chupacabras disfarçado?). The sad (scary?) thing is that these men were dead serious.

Makes me think of the old "land shark" bit on SNL.

#56 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:48 AM

Makes me think of the old "land shark" bit on SNL.

You probably should have said "land shark". They might have opened the door just to get a better look. :weeee:

#57 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Read the complete article here with picture.

Strange animals are sighted in DeWitt County

CUERO - Phylis Canion is mystified, baffled and, at one point, she was a little bit frightened.

What exactly is the mysterious animal that she has seen on her property: the storied Chupacabra, a coyote with mange, or some breeding experiment gone horribly wrong?

The story begins two Saturdays ago when Canion got a call. She was told one of the animals she had first seen on her property about two years ago had been hit by a car and killed. Canion’s property is on Buenger Road off U.S. Highway 183 south of Cuero.

“I had seen one three or four times on our place, but it’s very elusive. So, when I got the call that one had been killed, I got it and took it back to the house,” Canion said. “It’s a strange-looking animal. It has short front legs and longer back legs. The paws on the front are different than the ones on the back, and it has no hair. The nose is very long. The tip of the nose is longer than the lower jaw, and the front teeth stick out, almost like fangs. They are the ugliest things I have ever seen in my life.”

Canion said that after she first saw the animal on her property, she began losing kittens during the night.
Posted Image

#58 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

Well whatever it was it looks like it was lucky to be put out of its misery. It looks like a dog with mange to me that someone didn't take care of. Humans have to stop abusing animals. :-(
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#59 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:54 PM

Once again, Mr Moon, you tantalize us with stories of interest! Not so sure about the origins of this animal! Fascinating find! Can't wait to hear what the boys at A & M find!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#60 Angel_Of_Darkness

Angel_Of_Darkness

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:I love to draw arts one of a passions, I like to write short stories and poems and I LOVE to read and of corse I love the paranormal.

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

it's ok Masquerade there was no way for you to know without me telling ya.  Actually i think that your right that more monstres are appearing as we get technologicaly more sound,,,,,,genetic run off

I think that haveing more sightings as we get more technologicaly sound has to do with the higher up the technologicaly later we get the more trees and other things we have to cut down and back when we didn'tget in there space as much. Just my two cents. :chainsaw:
Flash: (after the Javelin blows up) Do you have any idea what this is gonna do to our insurance premiums?(Being chased in the Batmobile by a possessed Superman)Terry: What's the top speed on this thing?Bruce: Mach 3. Terry: Is that faster than a speeding bullet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users