114 replies to this topic

#76 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:42 PM

a sort of an update about the creature i saw

my cousin richard the person i was with when we first encountered the creature, according to him he has located where the creature hides during the day at an abandoned mine structure about a fourth of a mile from where we saw it, he said that he was down there with his friends just hanging out and they heard the same noise that we heard when it was chasing us, so he told his friends about the creature and our encounter. his friends didnt believe him right away and then they went to go investagate it and they said they heard the noise again but louder and then they looked in the mine and saw it crawling around, he said that his friends turned around without saying any thing and started to run and when they thought they were safe they turned to richard and was like, "you were not lieing" and others said "what the **** was that thing"

i want to go check it out but it is tresspassing i think, although there is no sign saying that it is, i will take a camera and try to get proof of this thing but i also dont want to get eaten by it either, i am definetly going with a group of people not to many though as not to scare it into hideing then if we get proof i will post it on here fo you guys to see

or i can be eaten and never heard from again lol :)

#77 Geisha

Geisha

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

This story was all over TV in the late 90s. It was crazy.

#78 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

Does it look anything like this Ghostman? lol
http://www.cryptomun...nshop_chupa.jpg

I think you should go back during the day, see if you can photograph any unusuall prints, mutulated animal bodies and similar stuff before contemplating going back in the dark, if it isnt anything unusual it still could be a dangerous wild animal of some kind.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#79 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

sry guys i still havent been able to go check it out because i cant get ahold of my cousin to go with him and there is no way im going alone lol

but as soon as i find hi and we are going to go for sure ill let you guys know

:(

#80 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

I never saw the creature myself, but I saw several animals near trails with their blood drained (this was in Sao Paulo state). Every news show would display a map of dead animals and alleged sightings of the chupacabras. The unidentified head on the Show do Gugu still freaks me out (will try to find a copy on the web).

While I was in Brazil, it was easy to get caught up in the mass hysteria. Getting attacked by the chupacabras was a very real possibility in my mind. Now that I'm safe in the USA, that fear seems rather silly.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#81 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

The following comes from http://www.geocities.../cattle030.html, which copied the text from a (now) non-existent web page. This page was last modified in October of 1999.

Apparently there has been quite a buzz recently in Brazil about the Chupacabra. My correspondent in Brazil informed me of a program that aired on Brazilian televison on June 29th, 1997. There have been several spottings of the Chupacabras in Brazil, as well as an apparent killing of one. Two men were fishing at night when they spotted something coming out of the lake. They were unsure what it was, so they shot it, and the next morning they discovered that it was a chupacabra. They cut off the creatures head and now are still in possession of it.

On the television program, they showed the head and the interviewers asked the man to cut off part of the bone for analysis, but the man refused. Another part of the program had an American UFOlogist, who is living in Brazil, claiming that he had captured a live one. He refused to show it to local authorities, stating that he would only allow American investigaors inside his house where the creature is kept. I'm sure he's hoping to get money for his "find".

The television program mentioned is Domingo Legal do Gugu - the Sunday edition of Show do Gugu

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#82 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

Chupacabra's are a truly odd development that owe in equal parts Latino Male pride and some odd cross between domestic canines and wild animals, probably coyote.

Monsterquest ans Fate magazine have both done admirable coverage of this animal.

Ranchers in Texas are shooting animals that fit the description of a Chupacabra. There are photos that show an animal somewhat like a large Mexican hairless crossed with a mangy coyote complete with protruding canines. So there's the animal.

How to account for the galmorous stories? Who want's to admit being scared by an animal little bigger than a Miniature poodle? "But man, this poodle was viscious bro with fangs dude!"

Pretty soon there are spines and wings and it blows flame. Google the pictures and judge for yourself. I think that it's funny as "heck"
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#83 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

*bumps*
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#84 Etherealgirl

Etherealgirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

Chupacabra's are a truly odd development that owe in equal parts Latino Male pride and some odd cross between domestic canines and wild animals, probably coyote.

Monsterquest ans Fate magazine have both done admirable coverage of this animal.

Ranchers in Texas are shooting animals that fit the description of a Chupacabra. There are photos that show an animal somewhat like a large Mexican hairless crossed with a mangy coyote complete with protruding canines. So there's the animal.

How to account for the galmorous stories? Who want's to admit being scared by an animal little bigger than a Miniature poodle? "But man, this poodle was viscious bro with fangs dude!"

Pretty soon there are spines and wings and it blows flame. Google the pictures and judge for yourself. I think that it's funny as "heck"

While I do believe there are creatures walking this planet that have not been officially discovered and classified, all I know of Chupacabra is he has quite the cult following in Puerto Rico.

I travel quite a bit and 'he's' all over the place in San Juan..in the form of tees, coffee mugs and stuffed animals, etc.

I bought a stuffed one and he's currently residing in my closet, because even though he's soft and fuzzy he's still a tad on the ugly side.

I'm pretty much open to any possibility...except bringing Chupa out of the closet and putting him (her?) on display.
Posted Image~MySpace"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~Sarah Williams.

#85 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:29 PM

This article just happened to be the first thing I saw when I logged on after work. Nice way to set the mood right after work, eh? :hug:

Chupacabra in Tx.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#86 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

I wish they could post some pictures.
Posted Image

#87 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:31 PM

So do I. The only images of the chupacabra they have is a video link to a CNN Story, and even there, it's really only onscreen for what, 30-40 seconds total. To me, it just looked like a hairless coyote. But then, that's just my opinion.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#88 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

would be nice if some DNA testing happens.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#89 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Poor, little, dead coyote...
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#90 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:31 AM

thanks for the post NachoLycan. It's definitely part of the canine family.

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users