The Chupacabra

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#91 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

I recall seeing a TV program about the chupacabra that had a story from Puerto Rico (or maybe it was Dominican Republic). The story had a chicken farmer who found some of his chickens dead with the heads chewed off. If I'm not mistaken that sounds like something a weasel or related animal would do.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#92 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 06 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

Probablly was a weasel. It's stuff like this where folks just to conclusions w/o actually taking the time to eliminate other possiblities that kinda irks me.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#93 blondwildboy

blondwildboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

I think it's a coyote. I've never seen a coyote in person but I have seen them on T.V. I also saw a show about this subject and on this show they said that they found something but it was in the canine family and they even said that it was most likely a coyote. :lol:

#94 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

LOL At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist let's not rule out a created species/biological warfare experiment, maybe it was spliced together to take out sentries, they're small fast and quiet and the native area is incredibly unstable
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#95 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:17 PM

The chupababras of Brazil is bipodal (stands on 2 legs). It's legs are longer than its arms. It also normally just sucks out the blood (none of this eating the head).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#96 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

The chupababras of Brazil is bipodal (stands on 2 legs). It's legs are longer than its arms. It also normally just sucks out the blood (none of this eating the head).

I think each Latin American nation has some version of the Chupa but IIRC the legend originated in South America. The beast that Brazilians usually depict remind me of a small furry T-Rex.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#97 Marilyn Jackson

Marilyn Jackson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:50 AM

A guy said he found one in the middle of the road dead recently but the experts claim it was probably a coyote with rabies.

#98 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

This is a step too far for me. It only makes me question the mental stability of those reporting it. This "monster" is almost a classic example of that child's game "Mailman" where a message is passed around a circle finally returning to the pe5rson who started it.

One day it's like a dog, but that's not horrible enough, so it gets spines, wings, God only knows what. When I spent time in Latin America guys would make excuses for themselves to make sure that no one thought them a coward. So, if your buddy was beaten up the guy who did it was 7' tall, and built like Andre the giant. It's a cultural thing. In Paraguay for example it's thought impolite to ask questions of people because they might not know the answer. If they don't they just make something up to save face. If you ever go there be sure to bring your own map. We asked directions and ended up 20 miles off course.

Wild dogs, coyote/dog crosses sure. Feral dogs, sure, but the "Goat Sucker" is more believable as an X rated movie than as a real creature.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#99 zuehl

zuehl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Family and friends, the great outdoors, traveling, and of course...the paranormal!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

Someone posted up this link on our forum:

http://www.liveleak....=d24_1218580953

I'm sure it's probably not a Chupacabra but it's pretty weird looking nontheless.
Posted ImageClick my signature to visit Paranormal Washington's Forum!We are on facebook too! www.facebook.com/paranormalwashington

#100 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that &quot;prove&quot; a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

At risk of also sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I immediately assume I am being lied to when the official report uses rabies as an excuse for why something looks abnormal...Growing up on a farm I saw a few cases of rabies and, I hat to break this to the officials, they didn't mutate. Does that mean that I believe that the picture of the weird looking critter in the middle of a road was little Chupie? No. I mean It may have been, but it also may have been a photoshopped picture that some down on his luck guy was trying to sell to the tabloids. The only reason that I even stop and consider that maybe it was a legit picture of a weird categorized animal is because of the claim that it was a coyote with rabies. I have seen coyote's and I have seen rabies. That was most definitely not a rabid coyote unless it was a rabid coyote with massive birth defects.

#101 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

Chupacabra? Sighted and shot dead in Texas!! - with video

Chupacabra Sighting Times Two
by Mike Krumboltz

A barn in Hood County, Texas, has become ground zero in the hunt for the chupacabra.

Earlier this week, animal control officer Frank Hackett shot and killed what was unquestionably one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk the planet. That much we know. What's less clear is whether or not the departed creature was the elusive goat-sucking beast.

Interestingly, that wasn't the only chupacabra sighting around Hood County. A second creature was spotted and killed several miles away. Both appear to be either hairless coyotes, extremely ugly dogs, or, who knows? Maybe the thing they call el chupacabra.

In the wake of the discovery, Web searches on "chupacabra sightings" and "chupacabra texas" both roared to life, as did Web lookups for "chupacabra translation" and "chupacabra definition." According to Virtue Science, the name literally translates to "goat sucker." Legend states that the beast would attack goats and suck their blood. Think of them as a less sexy version of "Twilight"'s infamous vampire Edward Cullen.

Officer Hackett was careful not to say whether or not this is really the mysterious beast. He's going to wait for the DNA tests before he makes up his mind. There is one thing he does know: "It wasn't normal." And another officer on the scene commented that she'd "never seen anything like it."
Posted Image

#102 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

Looks like a Coyote with mange to me

I have seen a story similar to that, MoonChild, on the show MonsterQuest the beast on the show looks very similar to that one and I believe MonsterQuest debunked it as a Coyote with mange
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#103 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Yeah I agree, but it is quite strange that a "coyote with mange" has been a repeated story over all these years!
Posted Image

#104 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Apparently it is a coyote, but the mange is caused by scabies, according to the latest:

The chupacabras themselves are actually coyotes with severe infections by these mites, called sarcoptic mange, according to Barry O'Connor , an evolutionary biologist at the University of Michigan.

The story is Here
Posted Image

#105 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

Poor things. hmmm you busted the Chupa on Halloween day Justa :kitty:
Posted Image